Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 23-05-2006, 03:39 AM
ascendant

Inquiry regarding mediumship/channeler credibility...

well, i am someone who has studied spirituality for over 10 years. though i very much so want to believe in an afterlife and that much of what i've read is true, there's still the logical side of me that makes me continue to question it all and it's severe lack of any solid evidence of proof of the afterlife. one thing in particular that i've been wondering about lately has been chanellers. after all, i feel that if anyone could give some good solid evidence of proof of existence beyond the physical, it should be them.

over the years, there's been channelers, mediums, psychics, gypsies, etc, yet through all these years, they've not once been able to give a solid piece of evidence that they're legit. some had been exposed as hoaxes, while others had been called out to prove themselves, all to back out or fall short of accomplishing their tasks.

to me, the solution is so simple as to prove their validity, yet for some reason, it seems as if this has never been successfully accomplished yet. simply take a channeler and have them in a room with someone. in another room out of visible sight, have someone with a deck of cards pick a certain card, or draw a certain shape, and take whatever it is in question and place it face up on a table in front of them. then, the person in the other room simply asks the channeler what the card/symbol is in the other room on the table? why is it that no channeler has ever accomplished this seemingly simple task?

if they can truly channel beings who oversee this plane, those beings should certainly be able to see the object in the other room and relay that information to the channeler. some channelers say it's an insult, some have other excuses, however in my opinion, it truly is just excuses. all things considered, this should be an easy task and one that would solidify their validity, yet none have managed to do so?

if anyone can answer why it is that no channelers have accomplished a task such as this to prove themselves, i'd really like to know. at this point, questions such as this just have me seriously questioning if there really is an afterlife and i am very much so longing to know the answer to this dilemma.
Old 25-05-2006, 12:24 AM
alerted by dreams

The problem with offering proof is that there is often never enough! What I mean is that sometimes, when proof is given, we sometimes ask for more to validate it. Then even more proof after that to validate the initial validation. Offering proof can become tiresome.
Old 25-05-2006, 10:53 AM
psychic sue

I don't see how it can be proved at the moment - there is no "test" that can be repeated in a laboratory and give consistent results - the very nature of spirit contact is inconsistent.

It's also a very subjective thing - you and I could be in the same room, and I could see, very clearly, a spirit person, and you may see nothing, Our perception is different - how can this be measured?

In the end it comes down to individual faith I suppose. I have asked for proof many times, and received it - but I wouldn't push that on other people. This is just my own personal experience.

No disrespect to any channellers here, but I have a bit of a problem with chanelling in general. I have been involved in spiritualism for nearly 30 years, and seen many channellers, and I am yet to receive a message from any channeller that provided any kind of information that wasn't generally available or that I didn't already know.

These are just my thoughts.

Sue x
Old 28-05-2006, 03:48 AM
Nicole

I'm curious... I cannot answer your question about the cards but if you've been to a channeller and they've told you about a relative/friend who's in spirit, wouldn't that be enough proof?

How would the channeller know of your relative/friend?

Having had experience with channelling myself, I cannot answer your question but I can tell you my experience. When I have done this I receive messages through thought as well as guaged how powerful the spirit is coming through from the heat of the energy around me. When I have channelled I did NOT know either person but I was spot on about the relatives or spirits that came through. I was so spot on that I freaked myself out!!
Old 28-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascendant
if they can truly channel beings who oversee this plane, those beings should certainly be able to see the object in the other room and relay that information to the channeler. some channelers say it's an insult, some have other excuses, however in my opinion, it truly is just excuses. all things considered, this should be an easy task and one that would solidify their validity, yet none have managed to do so?

Have you ever asked yourself what would happen to the minds and emotions of sceptics if something happened to prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that these 'gifts' are real?

AM
Old 28-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alerted by dreams
The problem with offering proof is that there is often never enough! What I mean is that sometimes, when proof is given, we sometimes ask for more to validate it. Then even more proof after that to validate the initial validation. Offering proof can become tiresome.

Well said!

We need open-minded scepticism if we are to remain both protected and approachable.

AM
Old 29-05-2006, 11:11 AM
psychic sue

I agree - a bit of scepticism is always a wise thing to keep.

As for receiving messages from channellers - I have never received one or met anyone else who has. It tends to be pilosophy "from spirit" which they bring through - a good cop out in my opinion.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Deactivated Account
interesting discussion, i think a lot of mediums give generalisations instead of evidence, things that could apply to everyone. i always ask my guide to bring evidence, and truth. i still find it hard to trust myself but i trust my guide completely
Old 06-08-2006, 05:39 PM
bluespirit

My hubby passed over earlier this year and I have had many readings,one of them told me to take some photos at his funeral which my grand daughter did.
I was told before hand he would appear on one of the photos (this message was relayed by my hubby to the medium).
I scrutinised each photo and found his face in the middle of the flag which draped his coffin.
That is enough proof for me.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Deactivated Account
bluespirit what a lovely peice of evidence for you it must have been a huge comfort, sorry for your lossxxx
Closed Thread