Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:31 AM
angelicious

Talking Lacto Ovo Vegetarian

Lacto Ovo Vegetarian!!!
Well that's what someone called me at work the other day. I thought they were hurling an insult, but turns out it's what one calls a vegetarian who does not eat meat, chicken, or fish, but who eats dairy and eggs which is what I have recently become, grins.

It's been a month since I last ate flesh and I don't miss it one bit. I do love dairy products though, and eggs are still on the menu.

People ask "Why become vegetarian?"
And honestly, I don't have one straight answer. I can't describe the unseen influences guiding me in being flesh eating free. I'm just thankful. I love to cook and now I get to to be even more creative in the kitchen by trying new dishes.

All I can say is I feel and look great (always did), and I have a sense of lightness (in the digestive area).

My favourite meatless meal right now is mashed chilli beans over nachos with grilled cheese and smothered in sour cream...yum, yum.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:36 AM
Lazuli

This is the closest description to what I have become as well, except I still eat fish because of its nutrients--and also as a compromise for my parents, who were none too pleased with my decision at first.

Although weight loss was not my primarily motivation, I have lost at least five pounds so far and feel great. I tried an eggplant parmesan sandwich for the first time tonight, and with all of the sauce and cheese, I did not miss my usual substitute of chicken or veal at all! And we still get to enjoy pizza with vegetable and other non-meat toppings!

Lazuli
Old 11-02-2007, 02:58 AM
Pounamu

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicious
Lacto Ovo Vegetarian!!!
People ask "Why become vegetarian?"
And honestly, I don't have one straight answer. I can't describe the unseen influences guiding me in being flesh eating free. I'm just thankful...
Hi angelicious,

People have asked me the same question recently, as I am "ovo-lacto vegetarian" as well.
My reply to this question was that there is a principle involved... which is: (I believe) that when humans first came onto the planet, the Plant Kingdoms agreed to be used as food by them - considering how they had so fallen in vibration that they had to have physical food to continue to exist - but the Animal Kingdoms did not agree. Hence, killing and eating beings who do not agree to it, makes for karma. The karma is the karma of Slaughter - If you slaughter a living form, your form will eventually be slaughtered in turn, to make a balance (unless you can make a balance in another way).

Originally, the humans of the ancient races were vegetarian, so we are told by those who have researched it (psychically); there were nuclear wars fought which killed large pecentages of the plant life, and meat-eating was resorted to in order for humans to survive. This became a habit, so that when the plants re-grew, the people still by and large ate meat. This has built up a collective human karma for slaughter, and is one reason why humans fight each other and have the internal war that is expressed as disease.

In order to free oneself from this karma, one has to:
(1) Refrain from eating anything that has been living, moving animal origin (apart from eggs, dairy products and as essential, certain fish, as these have been agreed upon);
(2) Take steps to forgive, release and transmute one's part of the collective karma of mankind for killing animals for food throughout the ages.

In order for humans to survive on the planet and continue to evolve, certain nutrients are needed to build the evolving physical body, and not all of these can be supplied by the Plant Kingdom; but by judicious food combinations one can get nearly all the nutrients needed, and occasionally have fish to supply the rest (the Salmon Kingdom has agreed to this specifically, I believe).

More information can be found at:
http://www.ascendpress.org/Community...hen/index.html
... which gives some recipes; and an exploration of the site will give you further info on why vegetarian eating is so beneficial for the future of humanity.

Hope this is of use to you!

Namaste,
Pounamu
Old 03-03-2007, 10:47 AM
angelicious

kia ora, hello,

I've got a feeling that fastfood outlets like McDonalds & Burger King are going to introduce a better menu that caters to us Lacto-ovo (or is it Ovo-lacto?) vegetarians. This could be just wishful thinking though.

At the moment, here in New Zealand, McDonalds offers the vegetarian 'Deli choice' roll. I would very much love to see them offer a vegetarian Burger, with a vege pattie. The vege roll at McD's is fantastic, yet it just looks healthy, lol. It looks like Subways stuff. It's long, not round. It's all vegetables, yet no pattie.

There isn't a fastfood burger joint here that has a vegetarian burger.

And vegans, how do fastfood outlets cater to them?

I'm sure there's a solution to this, I have faith it will come so I'll be patient. I might investigate it, after all, I am a McDonalds VIP and I've got a McDonalds Gold Card too, Lol.

Last edited by angelicious : 03-03-2007 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Eduards

Brrrr. McDonald
Closed Thread