Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 07-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Cumbria

I wish I had the motivation to start exercises and the will power to keep at it
Old 07-04-2011, 09:33 PM
tragblack

It's all about forming the habit. Do it, every day, for forty days, and it will become part of your routine.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Osian

Hiya, i started running when i quit smoking over a year ago, i started out twice a week, sometimes 3x a week, over time my running has become more enjoyable rather than such a depressing chore to be healthy! when i feel well, slim, healthy, fit & look good, in return i feel good!! mental physical & spiritual well being is what we all desire.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Master
Trag blag yes make it a habit for 40 days....then you will settle in the routine......
Spiritlite
Old 09-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Ciqala

Running has great benefits.
For people with bad knees, or weak limbs and joints, it is important to regularly strengthen the area, and build muscle around the injury prone area. For example with those with bad knees, do forward lunges, lift weights on your feet or ankles and do knee strengthening exercises - in most, the knee is the weakest joint, because people don't often remember to strengthen that area, but it is the most important joint to be cared for in running. Injuries of all kinds are easily healed by strengthening up the muscles, it is one main step in physiotherapy.
Keeping the legs strong is a good thing. It is excellent to do calf muscle strengthening as well, like calf lifts, and before running do stretches and loosen up the limbs to combat injuries.
I have really bad knees, due to constant knee injuries in sports in my past, but when i strengthen them and build up muscle tissue around them they are just fine, and the injuries heal itself as long as it is strong and has muscle holding it in place.

For running, if people have joint problems, the proper running shoes are necessary, to provide shock and bounce when your feet hit the ground. Alternatives, like running on grass, soft trails in a forest, a treadmill, or a track which has a soft surface are better than running on hard surfaces like pavement, as concrete is not always beneficial to the body for anyone, the impact can injure joints. It is important to look after the body!
Old 13-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
What if they run to the pub? lol
lol Thanks for the laugh!

I love to run when I'm mad or stressed! It's the best release! Of course, I can only run full speed for so long...
Then I walk for a bit... which gives me time to emotionally chill out too...
Then I take off like the wind again... until I'm emotionally & physically exhausted!

Ciquala- Yeah, stretching before & after helps a lot!
Thanks for the reminder - I usually just run on pavement or a rocky path, but it would probably be better on my knees to run on a track or something softer.
Old 14-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Knower
I don't think I would ever be a runner. I do enjoy speed walking, swimming and rollerblading and have a few pieces of workout equipment.
Old 15-04-2011, 12:08 AM
JM80

I have recently decided that I am going to get fit and lose the last few kilos of baby weight I have left. I have been working up to being able to run for longer and when I do it I find it alot of fun, I hope I have the will power to keep at it and make it a part of my daily routine.
Old 23-04-2011, 03:07 AM
unus supra

CJ

I hope you get this. i actually had a great deal of trouble with my knees as well. In the Marine Corp a great deal of stress was placed on my body, so to a degree it was damaged.

what i found out, is that mechanically as we get older we are inclined to run in a manner that places undue stress on our knees. There is a way to modify our running so as to minimize it.

If you get the opportunity look into chi running and the pose method. the changes they offer may benefit you and allow you to take up running.

it did for me.

hope that helped.

kavon
Old 23-04-2011, 11:12 AM
breath

I love running, but currently I'm only happy doing it on a treadmil. I'm, in the nicest possible term, viking-esque and when I run down the road people run away from me. Maybe a technique to get other people to run? lol chase them!

I do run on treadmills every weekend though, and I love it. But they say a mile on the treadmill is equal to quater of a mile on the road. Ah well. It's nicer for me, because with a treadmill I can close my eyes and listen to the rhythem of movement, and it can put me into quite a trance.

It's such a natural feeling to run, maybe one of the only primitive things we can till do today without too much attention.

lol, maybe I should deliberately dress up like a viking and go for a run, maybe start a trend. 'The Pillage Run!'