Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 14-02-2018, 04:18 AM
Knower
Do ghosts only "talk" in dreams?

About 2 weeks ago, I saw an apparition of someone I recently written a letter to. He was standing about 2 1/2 feet from me but did not say anything. My question is, do ghosts only "talk" in dreams? Same thing with my grandfather. I saw him standing at the foot of my bed 17 years ago, but he just smiled. He was holding his dog who had passed away years prior to his death. I took it as him showing me he was with his pet, and that he was OK.

I thought I read online that someone had a full conversation with a loved who had crossed over and they weren't asleep. I know with EMF detectors you can pick up on words and sounds that we cannot hear. So it's possible that these spirits may be speaking to us though we cannot hear it.

I feel blessed though to be able to see a spirit and communicate with them while I'm asleep. Some people can't do that. I just wish I could talk to them like I do with the living.
Old 14-02-2018, 01:00 PM
Deactivated Account
From my personal experience in a few visitation dreams I've had, ghosts and spirit beings may not talk even in dreams but communicate physically or through gestures and facial expressions. At least, that's the way it happened to me.
Old 15-02-2018, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator
Sometimes the message doesn't need words. Such as seeing your Grandad with his dog, and he came to show you. Him showing you this says more than a thousand words.

But yes I know what you mean. My word-telepathy isn't so brilliant either, but I can pick up on the subtlest nuances of feelings transmitted to me.
I guess you could try some method of development which may expand your telepathic skills re: picking up actual word language? If you feel it's necessary? But a lot of things are said very deeply without words at all.
Old 16-02-2018, 02:21 PM
Master

Some believe e.v.p.s are ghosts talking .
Old 01-03-2018, 12:38 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I have visitation dreams a lot and they only seem to say maybe one or two words. They show me things and communicate telepathically I believe, but not much actual talking.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:59 AM
Experiencer
I have had visions come thru with telepathy a few times

one in particular was a very angry elderly lady haunting, my then apartment! she was furious! (not harmful though)

I had one vision in particluar where they were holding an actual sign explaining who they were!

Love Shine
Old 07-03-2018, 01:04 AM
Gracey

It is possible to talk to them in the dream world or waking. You may just do it in the future, don't rule that out for yourself.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:19 PM
Pathfinder

No, ghosts can talk just as normal as you and me. Humans who have died and for whatever reason stay on the planet. Unfinished business.. Most people are open to spirits right before falling asleep and your dream state occurs earlie in the night. Even sleeping your mind takes a while to get to deeper sleep rythems.

If you are sprituallt attuned, then you will hear the spirits all the time.
Old 24-05-2018, 12:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wozniack
About 2 weeks ago, I saw an apparition of someone I recently written a letter to. He was standing about 2 1/2 feet from me but did not say anything. My question is, do ghosts only "talk" in dreams? Same thing with my grandfather. I saw him standing at the foot of my bed 17 years ago, but he just smiled. He was holding his dog who had passed away years prior to his death. I took it as him showing me he was with his pet, and that he was OK.

I thought I read online that someone had a full conversation with a loved who had crossed over and they weren't asleep. I know with EMF detectors you can pick up on words and sounds that we cannot hear. So it's possible that these spirits may be speaking to us though we cannot hear it.

I feel blessed though to be able to see a spirit and communicate with them while I'm asleep. Some people can't do that. I just wish I could talk to them like I do with the living.

I guess the real question is, how are you expecting them to converse with you? Are you expecting them to open their mouth and start gabbing to you as if they were still living? Not many "speak" with audible means. That takes a lot of energy to do, and even more for an ear to perceive it. Many converse telepathically, if they know they can. And if they are with someone who is open enough to receive it.

That said a spirit like your loved one, Aunt Gertrude, isn't really going to come forth and have a full blown conversation with you as if they were living. That would take a lot of energy for starters. And from my experience, and with speaking with others, they don't converse that way. They give impressions, feelings, and images on occasion, and things can be deduced and interpreted like that. That's why many struggle to connect with spirit/guides/loved ones they are expecting things to be communicated as if they were still living.
Old 28-05-2018, 04:59 AM
Knower
I believe ghosts talk. Ive been whispered to quite a few times (last one was in walmart a few weeks ago, lol) but most conversations are played like a movie for me. Ive also had dreams as a means of communication so I think it's all about how the spirit wants to communicate. Since moving to AZ I actually considered learning Spanish as I have been whispered to and pleaded with in Spanish but unable to understand them.

Ive seen EVP's captured on TV but have never tried them myself. If a spirit wants your attention they may use a variety of ways to send a message. If you see one but it's not speaking, pay attention to how you feel. If you feel happy, comforted, or at peace then that IS the message.