Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-01-2018, 10:02 PM
Knower

What is God?

I probably have asked this question before, just with different words, but whatever.

So, what do you believe God is? Do you view God as an intelligent entity? Or maybe an undefinable field of "energy" throughout the universe? Is God pure awareness?

I'm having trouble coming to terms with what I've learned about God, myself. I want a God that is personal and relevant to one's life, but at the same time, how can this be so if God is more like awareness or simply the Universe itself? I want to be able to feel comforted in times of darkness, but how does one do that with an impersonal God?
Old 27-01-2018, 10:13 AM
Master
Hi,

I would say God is some thing like an undefinable energy field with pure awareness.

The creator of all universes and multiverses.

Now what is interesting about the human being is that they are a piece of God. This means that they them self are creator beings. When you establish a love bond with your higher self/energetic essence then God will become very personal to you.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 27-01-2018, 10:14 AM
Deactivated Account
God is everything that is, forever pure without past or future.

While people still look at the world and the material manifested universe (with its past), they do not really know God, but something that was created which is Past tense anyway.

The Source energy Created this world.
The Thoughts which our source thinks are the only ones, which will last forever.

Quote:
I want to be able to feel comforted in times of darkness, but how does one do that with an impersonal God?

You are comforted in every circumstance and always. Just not, if you think that you are material body being, which appears to be pretty personal.

So how do you do that with impersonal God ?

You start by accepting that your source is not material being. Your source is the Holy Father.

Next you accept that whatever you have learned in the material world and its Laws are mostly limitations, which you have imposed and made out of the Laws of God.

Next you start withdrawing your attention away from the World and away from all worldly thoughts by meditating. (Meditation stops your thinking process and allows the thoughts of God to replace all your made thoughts which do not match his purity.)

Then with the help of meditation you will be guided into seeing the world differently.

Slowly then, through experience, you accept that you are not the Body but spiritual/light/vibrational being.

Then you learn how your being created this world, why you are here and what you need to do. You learn that there is no difference between Good and Bad. You learn that there is only experience. You learn how your thoughts and beliefs create your reality.
You learn, by seeing the contrast in your worldly experience, by experiencing, how differently is the thinking of the world from the thinking of our source.

And as you let go of the Selfish Ego personality, you learn that the source is actually providing and caring over you.

Letting go of all action based needs you learn that listening to the Source is what will make you always happy, because it KNOWS what is the BEST for EVERYONE in EVERY CASE.

Quote:
So, what is God ?

A being of light which is unchangeable in its Joy/Happiness, Abundance and Love, of which I am a Vital part in our relationship as being alive.

Anyway all this seems complicated at first, but once you made a decision towards goodnes and perfection of God, you will recognize how actually SIMPLE it is.
Old 27-01-2018, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
So, what do you believe God is? Do you view God as an intelligent entity? Or maybe an undefinable field of "energy" throughout the universe? Is God pure awareness?

... I want a God that is personal and relevant to one's life, but at the same time, how can this be so if God is more like awareness or simply the Universe itself?
I want to be able to feel comforted in times of darkness, but how does one do that with an impersonal God?
May I say, yes, God has an impersonal aspect...He set up a brilliant System of Cause and Effect, for example, that
treats a criminal or a saint equally...they reap what they sow...the good, the bad and the ugly...sure.

But, this is how I experience God personally...this is not made up, from books or hopeful concepts or fantastic speculations
of other 1000s of yrs ago....but from direct/ up close and personal, knock your socks off experience: I will speak for myself, btw:
'He', Who has no gender, loves loves loves me so much He cannot get close enough.

Just as when I love my baby or new puppy and stay up all night watching them breathe..He is inside me breathing ME!
He is digesting my food and making my fingernails grow as I sleep.
He actually waits for me to wake up each morning to be with with me.
(Could it be because I absolutely adore Him. Dunno, ha!)

He has come to me in what I can only call Divine Visitstions...where the room's pressure changes, becoming tingling with charge, an envelope,
bubble of Grace ( feeling other worldly, supernatural)...'He' speaks in complete emotion filled sentences...yet, telepathically...
For me, androgynous, yet, leaning to the masculine...expressing profound Insights into Who He is...what He waits for,
what He needs and exactly why we exist...all Mankind.

He experiences everything...my description of Him, the Creator of All That Is...would be,
'He' is nothing if not Pure Feeeeeeeling.

Kabir laughs and says, Why do you pray so loudly when our Friend hears the anklets of a mosquitoes legs? A rough translation...lol.

Khalil Gibran speaks of God (ok...Jesus) as being with the flower and the carrot as they burrow deep in the soil for water,
at the same time reaching...stretching towards the Sun for nutrition....every bird right now flying in a flock in Russia..God is there.

I agree with both.

He is the MOST personal Being, Mind, Consciousness, Holy Spirit there is.

It is us that need to sit in stillness and know Him.
Silence is His invitation...sincerity like a turned down bed with flowers at the nightstand...
Waiting anxiously for His arrival is what He waits for...He told me...our love, acknowledgment is what He wants...but,
More than that?
He needs and craves to be known.

If anyone wants to know this Father God, Best Friend....sit in silence with that intention...remain pure in thought, word and deed...prepare...make a place for Him...
He is drawn to that love like a moth to a flame.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-01-2018, 03:30 PM
Master

Creator is the source of all
Old 27-01-2018, 03:39 PM
Guide
To my mind, God is everyone and everything so is not a separate 'Being'. This therefore applies to each of us; the grass; the rocks; the trees; the animals; the sky; the stars. So these are not separate to us, but an extension of who we are.

The trick being to see this in yourself. So when you look in the mirror you don't just see your own individuality reflecting back at you - but the entire cosmos. That you are also Divine Energy, Source - God.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 27-01-2018, 03:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
If anyone wants to know this Father God, Best Friend....sit in silence with that intention...remain pure in thought, word and deed...prepare...make a place for Him...
Yes, use intention to 'make' a 'place' for what you wish to 'happen', but 'He' won't come if you don't at some level at least 'expect' (i.e. 'believe') that 'He' will or at least might; that is, if your 'basic' attitude and, consequently, your expectation is doubt-full.

To that end, I would also suggest imagining (however 'cartoonishly' ) him to 'show up', i.e. to respond to your 'invitation' by actually 'arriving' (not necssarily as an apparition but in Spirit, nevertheless) there at your here-space.

The following excerpt from Jonathan Livingston Seagull 'illustrates' the process:
One evening the gulls that were not night-flying stood
together on the sand, thinking. Jonathan took all his courage in
hand and walked to the Elder Gull, who, it was said, was soon
to be moving beyond this world.
“Chiang ...” he said, a little nervously.
The old seagull looked at him kindly. “Yes, my son?” Instead
of being enfeebled by age, the Elder had been empowered by
it; he could outfly any gull in the Flock, and he had learned
skills that the others were only gradually coming to know.
“Chiang, this world isn’t heaven at all, is it?”
The Elder smiled in the moonlight. “You are learning again,
Jonathan Seagull,” he said.
“Well, what happens from here? Where are we going? Is
there no such place as heaven?”
“No, Jonathan, there is no such place. Heaven is not a place,
and it is not a time. Heaven is being perfect.” He was silent for
a moment. “You are a very fast flier, aren’t you?”
“I ... I enjoy speed,” Jonathan said, taken aback but proud
that the Elder had noticed.
“You will begin to touch heaven, Jonathan, in the moment
that you touch perfect speed. And that isn’t flying a thousand
miles an hour, or a million, or flying at the speed of light.
Because any number is a limit, and perfection doesn’t have
limits. Perfect speed, my son, is being there.”
Without warning, Chiang vanished and appeared at the
water’s edge fifty feet away, all in the flicker of an instant. Then
he vanished again and stood, in the same millisecond, at
Jonathan’s shoulder. “It’s kind of fun,” he said.
Jonathan was dazzled. He forgot to ask about heaven. “How
do you do that? What does it feel like? How far can you go?”
“You can go to any place and to any time that you wish to
go,” the Elder said. “I’ve gone everywhere and everywhen I can
think of.” He looked across the sea. “It’s strange. The gulls who
scorn perfection for the sake of travel go nowhere, slowly.
Those who put aside travel for the sake of perfection go anywhere,
instantly. Remember, Jonathan, heaven isn’t a place or
a time, because place and time are so very meaningless.
Heaven is ...”
“Can you teach me to fly like that?” Jonathan Seagull
trembled to conquer another unknown.
“Of course, if you wish to learn.”
“I wish. When can we start?”
“We could start now, if you’d like.”
“I want to learn to fly like that,” Jonathan said, and a strange
light glowed in his eyes. “Tell me what to do.”
Chiang spoke slowly and watched the younger gull ever so
carefully. “To fly as fast as thought, to anywhere that is,” he
said, “you must begin by knowing that you have already
arrived ...”
In Ch.5 of my book, where I layout what I think are the fiundamental principles of psychospiritual dynamics, i.e. the dynamics of 'creation', I wrote:
The aspects of reality encompassed by attitude and intention, as I use such terms, are so multi-dimensional and interactive that they defy definitive description, especially in short order. Let me just say that, operationally, attitude psychospiritually sets the parameters into which Life may flow, and intention psychospiritually propels It towards the aimed for goal. This is not vain speculation. It is because attitude and intention are supremely consequential that those who know best and care most advise that they be concordantly combined and felicitously focused:
“Establish regular prayers at the two ends of the day and at the approaches of the night: for those things that are good.” (The Quran, xi:114.)
“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.” (The Bible, Luke; 11:9.)
“Fix thy mind on Me, devote thyself to Me, sacrifice for Me, surrender to Me, make Me the object of thy aspirations, and thou shalt assuredly become one with Me, Who am thine own Self.” (The Bhagavad Gita, 9:34.)
What they say is true. You can become a godly (meaning 'creative') being by adopting a positive outlook and concentrating on actualizing what is most beneficial.
Old 27-01-2018, 04:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

I would say God is some thing like an undefinable energy field with pure awareness.

The creator of all universes and multiverses.

Now what is interesting about the human being is that they are a piece of God. This means that they them self are creator beings. When you establish a love bond with your higher self/energetic essence then God will become very personal to you.

John
What is a love bond?

The way I've understood it is self-compassionate healing of the parts of the mind leads to acting from the Self. This Self is the connection to God, but connection probably isn't an adequate word, maybe more like unity with God.
Old 27-01-2018, 05:54 PM
Knower

Hm, I suppose I should try meditating again. The last time I tried, I got a pretty bad headache. I have a fairly unquiet mind lol.

@Miss Hepburn and davidsun: What I seek is truth, and for me, that unfortunately causes me to discredit taking things on pure faith. I don't think I can approach such a task as making a space for God without having a fair bit of doubt in my mind. Every time I've tried, I've felt extremely lonely, abandoned even, which is why I struggle with a belief in God at all.
Old 27-01-2018, 06:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
Hm, I suppose I should try meditating again. The last time I tried, I got a pretty bad headache. I have a fairly unquiet mind lol.

@Miss Hepburn and davidsun: What I seek is truth, and for me, that unfortunately causes me to discredit taking things on pure faith. I don't think I can approach such a task as making a space for God without having a fair bit of doubt in my mind. Every time I've tried, I've felt extremely lonely, abandoned even, which is why I struggle with a belief in God at all.
Your predicament is quite understandable.

But, whether you believe in or completely doubt its operationality, I assume you've heard about the "self-fulfilliing prophecy" phenom at least.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-fulfilling_prophecy

Its a horse before the cart thang - a cart ain't gonna move just because you'd 'like' it to.

The 'horse' that's pulling your cart right now is an 'inner' (conditioned by the past) feeling "lonely, abandoned even" spirit-horse

If that is ever gonna change, you're gonna have to at least imagine that you could feel otherwise (the opposite) and then enjoy what you imagine such (opposite kind of feeling) would feel like. You are gong to have to dump that horse and get a different one, IOW!

Have you thought about the possibility that the 'lonely' and 'abandoned' state which you (really!) feel now is just a 'false' (in your case) reality which is being experience as 'true' as result of your (deluded by 'condtioning') imagination, like a person who's been rejected the last umteen times girls he's ask out thinking and feeling no 'girl' would ever (really!) like and want to engage with him.

The idea of being a 'creator' involves a believing that all possibilities actually exist (as possible real actualizations) and so going ahead with (and persisting in!) 'seeking' to 'cause' something that one desires to actually happen.

Of course, if you are so 'defeated' that you have become completely 'defeatist' in this regard, then your 'fate' is sealed (again, in this regard), unless some kind of 'mommy angel' out there swoops down and 'rescues' you from the 'hole' you are in. I don't completely discount such possibility myself, but I confess I have a hard time imagining/projecting and believing in such possibility. I'm just a 'sergeant angel' poking you with his 'stick' to see if there might be enough life (of the Life-Force) left in you to move your a** off of your present 'ground-zero', again, in this "God" regard.

Mind you, I was a confirmed atheist (till my 40's) who believed that there couldn't possibly be a "Creator God" because no 'good' "God' could/would ever have chosen to 'create' world with so much that is obviously 'wrong' in it as ours is. And a 'bad' 'Creator God" was just too awful a nightmare to imaginatively live in!

I admit was quite difficult for me to to first conceive of and then (this took many years of 'endeavor' on my part) understand and so (lovingly!) embrace why and how the Life-Force (and that's just one of my present names/concepts pertaining to my "God" concept) could/would ever choose to create a world such as the one you and I are presently goofy aspects of and facing sometimes quite difficult to resolve 'problems' in!