Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-09-2017, 06:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
You are very wise and insightful. Enjoyed and thoughtful. You seem to see what others don't speak of.

Hi Lemex,

Thank you for the kind words.
Old 24-09-2017, 06:31 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
I don't mind.

No doubt learning to get with each other is a good start.

What does this require?

A new world vision of compassion and empathy is an honorable vision.

Some things that may have me scratch my head or say hold up a minute is when the vision of some may get neatly packaged and if another has a different view, then is told well you're not being..... and it seems the message or intention gets lost.

Meaning, do we as a society and humans really listen to one another? Do most bother to look deeper and understand the purpose or reason?

Not putting down compassion and empathy, all for it. Does it take a book or a speaker to bring this forward? I see it unfold before me in the simple acts of acknowledging another. When a disaster hits an area, do people ask if someone is of a certain belief? No, they help the person in need.

So you see, what is perhaps being promoted with in the ideas, teachings, philosophies, and such are already with in us.

Yes, sometimes need to be taken out of my own head and thrown into it, but it is already there., just for me it is paying attention.

Can see though that at times may have to be presented in ways in which people(in general) can relate and be inspired.
You make wonderful points, as always.

People can get along. It seems to be very situational. Different groups can pull together for various reasons, sometimes overlooking vast divides of perspective. Sadly, it seems people need a reason to get along. It is a decision, a learned behavior brought about by a shifting of priorities which puts differences aside in favor of a larger goal.

Interestingly, mankind is at this very moment creating a situation where humanity must come together or perish - and we may just perish anyway. The great irony of climate change is that we are doing it to ourselves, that it is the greatest threat we have ever faced, and it may just be the key to our finally coming together as one planet.

Time will tell how it all works out.

Old 24-09-2017, 06:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
OK so I don't really think I have supported my claim that new age is superficial but I'm adding a wee link to Mark Passio's New Age Deception, https://youtu.be/mbZQyUUyaRQ

I don't agree with all Mark's work but this was really good.......... I know you don't like links to YouTube videos Kioma but this explains why people have such a problem with New Age, I ain't here to remake the wheel, someone else got some really good info together I don't see the point in me regurgitating it.

Love a bit of Mark Passio , sprinkle in some Jordan Maxwell, a dab of Michael Tsarion boom mind blown!

The last two I have listened two since dial up, not obsessively but often & there are times when certain questions lead me to them.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 24-09-2017, 06:35 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Until I saw the lyrics, I always interpreted/perceived that line to mean fire or spark of inspiration.

When I read those lyrics I see he meant something else.

'Its Still Rock and Roll" to me is used in both songs.

New Age is a breaking of the traditional/conventional.

British Ska put a nice twist on Reggae.

Somebody changed the rythem/cadence of a drum beat and they were a 'new ager'.

Not sure what a 'new ager' to classical music would have been. Probably a result of invention of banjo. I dunno as I'm not a music afficianado.
Ha! That is funny.

Yes, as Snow Goose pointed out earlier, change is inevitable - and I'll add that it's just as inevitably always opposed.
Old 24-09-2017, 06:45 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
Love a bit of Mark Passio , sprinkle in some Jordan Maxwell, a dab of Michael Tsarion boom mind blown!

The last two I have listened two since dial up, not obsessively but often & there are times when certain questions lead me to them.

I like Michael's psychology stuff.

Could never get into Jordan's stuff tried a few times.

Someone I have been following for a while is Thomas Sheridan, he is the one person I get a lot out of listening too and have learned a lot from. I also like a bit of Alan Watt and Anthony Peak :-)
Old 24-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
You make wonderful points, as always.

People can get along. It seems to be very situational. Different groups can pull together for various reasons, sometimes overlooking vast divides of perspective. Sadly, it seems people need a reason to get along. It is a decision, a learned behavior brought about by a shifting of priorities which puts differences aside in favor of a larger goal.

Interestingly, mankind is at this very moment creating a situation where humanity must come together or perish - and we may just perish anyway. The great irony of climate change is that we are doing it to ourselves, that it is the greatest threat we have ever faced, and it may just be the key to our finally coming together as one planet.

Time will tell how it all works out.

Hi Kiomi,

True, we can get along if decided or placed in a situation in which there seems no other option if we are to go on with it.

Yes, we seem to have our learned behaviors. These seem to get passed down from one generation after another. I see some entrenched in holding onto what he/she may think is known, while another is able to let it pass. Suppose that what may be unknown can be frightening to some. Comfort in the disomfort because it is familiar sort of thing, IMO.

I am not real sure where all is going. Yes, humans seem to have created quite the quagmire for ourselves on many levels. What I find amazing and inspiring that despite all the hardships and emotional termoil, the human heart beats on.

Nature will have its way and the Earth, like any other living thing goes through its changes. Yes, we may influence some of it , for after all we are participates here ( for good or bad or in between).

Kind of makes me question. Does it really matter what one may call it? Seems we are all in this game of life. More important is how one lives with oneself, another, and other life here.

A wake up call perhaps?

Enjoy your insights as well. An interesting thread
Old 24-09-2017, 06:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
I'm all for giving as good as I get. At the same time, a nail sees every problem as a hammer - or something like that.

Do you find the knight heavy handed Kioma?

It's different strokes for different folks - I'm confident enough to admit that I am forever a student.

I will always be wary of snake oil & placebo, much preferring the tangible over promises of salvation or enlightenment as I have seen neither.

Try to be kind but not naive against those who would take advantage.

It has been said earlier on that the Beatles introduced the new age to a generation - I have reservations referring to this as an accidental or natural occurrence. I personally see this as a huge influence over vast amounts of youngsters who then grew up believing themselves free - despite repeating multiple taking points & doctrine.

They are no better than the rappers who glorify violence today but the esoteric nature of that era of musical new agers makes them far more dangerous in my eyes.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 24-09-2017, 07:14 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Do you find the knight heavy handed Kioma?
You have concerns. I have conversation.

Quote:
It's different strokes for different folks - I'm confident enough to admit that I am forever a student.
Awesome!

Quote:
I will always be wary of snake oil & placebo, much preferring the tangible over promises of salvation or enlightenment as I have seen neither.

Try to be kind but not naive against those who would take advantage.
I trust people to be themselves. I am never disappointed.

Sometimes I forget this, sometimes I get too wrapped up in myself to see clearly, but I find if I approach life with open awareness, forgoing prejudice and blind expectation, looking and listening to what is actually going on around me, then events unfold with much less drama.

Yes, experience quickly shows that there is a lot of deceit out there - but who is fooling who? Look closely at a person's lies, and they will tell you the most intimate truths about that person.

It all comes out in the wash, and I'm good with that.

Quote:
It has been said earlier on that the Beatles introduced the new age to a generation - I have reservations referring to this as an accidental or natural occurrence. I personally see this as a huge influence over vast amounts of youngsters who then grew up believing themselves free - despite repeating multiple taking points & doctrine.

They are no better than the rappers who glorify violence today but the esoteric nature of that era of musical new agers makes them far more dangerous in my eyes.
What an interesting perspective. Perhaps you are right, perhaps those youngsters were worse off than the generation before - though I wonder how.

Old 24-09-2017, 07:18 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi Kiomi,

True, we can get along if decided or placed in a situation in which there seems no other option if we are to go on with it.

Yes, we seem to have our learned behaviors. These seem to get passed down from one generation after another. I see some entrenched in holding onto what he/she may think is known, while another is able to let it pass. Suppose that what may be unknown can be frightening to some. Comfort in the disomfort because it is familiar sort of thing, IMO.

I am not real sure where all is going. Yes, humans seem to have created quite the quagmire for ourselves on many levels. What I find amazing and inspiring that despite all the hardships and emotional termoil, the human heart beats on.

Nature will have its way and the Earth, like any other living thing goes through its changes. Yes, we may influence some of it , for after all we are participates here ( for good or bad or in between).

Kind of makes me question. Does it really matter what one may call it? Seems we are all in this game of life. More important is how one lives with oneself, another, and other life here.

A wake up call perhaps?

Enjoy your insights as well. An interesting thread
Thank you. I think it is turning out to be a very interesting thread as well. I am very much enjoying the conversation.

I have no idea where it is going either. Climate change is interesting because we do understand how to influence it. It's an epic problem for an epic civilization, IMO. Again, the universe shows it knows how to reward, and how to punish, in ways that I cannot even begin to fathom, though we can see the situation. I find it absolutely fascinating how the universe seems hard-wired to encourage awareness.

I don't think it matters what you call it. In fact, I just call it 'Mystery'.

Old 24-09-2017, 07:23 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Kioma,

New Age is what "Ages-old" religion would have been inspired to understand "in the beginning", if it had not been corrupted by self-seeking, self-serving, self-promoting individuals building organizations whose sole purpose was to prevent each of us from:

Discovering the Truth of Yourself, as Yourself, for Yourself.

....as you so excellently affirmed: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...1&postcount=14

Reference: http://www.thechristmind.org/we-are1.htm We Are One

Reference:http://www.newthoughtlibrary.com/hol...eWholeofLife35 Unifying the Self with the Whole of Life

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...72&postcount=8 What does 'you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free' mean to you?

See ? "Not bad", at all....
Thank you Guthrio. There certainly is something to what you've said, and I for one very much appreciate your references.