Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation > Walk-Ins/Soul Exchanges

Old 02-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Guide
Many souls; one body....

Just a continuation off of another thread. In that one, I had brought up an analogy that originated from another forum. In that analogy, a group of people had come together to form a common denominator as a method of comparison for the various forms of conscious expression.

In the analogy, the car was used as a metaphor for the physical body, and the driver for the consciousness occupying the body. Generally, the metaphor is from the perspective of a single driver* and/or zero to more than one passenger. The position of the passengers generally represent the delineation of conscious(front seat) to subconscious(back seat), as well as permeability of information(it's easier to hear those in the front seat, than those in the back seat). Barriers(such as a bag over one's head, cotton in ears, etc.) represent the barriers of communication between the various aspects of the self as well as eludes to the sensation it evokes(more on this later). I put the analogy in italics, and my comments in regular typeface below, I tried to locate as much of the original analogy as possible, as well as add other sources of reference to shed some more light on the subject. I welcome anyone to contribute, comment, explore or whatnot in the further development and exploration into the wonders that is one's consciousness.

So in some cars, there is a single occupant. Pretty straight forward. Single car, single occupant, singular consciousness.

Then there are some cars, where there may be a driver as well as a passenger. The dynamics can be varied, and fun. I suppose first I will list the various functional ways in which it manifests or when there is a certain amount of trust, harmony and friendship between the two conscious selves.** Such being there would be no to little barrier between the passenger and driver, if the driver turns(or directs) his/her head(focus of consciousness) he/she may see the passenger in the mind's eye or however their preponderance of using the various internal senses may be.

Continuing....
Driver, & front seat passenger; It can be very much like a relationship with a spirit guide or regular physical entity, just that the other non-physical entity/conscious other self, is also operating from it's own limited perspective just as any other person in ordinary physical reality.

Notes-One can be best friends or at odds with one's other self. The driver is in control of the motions of the car, but the passenger gives it's inputs and suggestions, either through passive influence ie. feelings, urges, "not mine" or "alien" thoughts, as well as physical sensations. Depending on level of awareness, the driver may be able to shift their focus and "see" with their minds eye the internal person.

Driver, & back seat passenger This set-up can give an illusion of singular consciousness.

Notes-The back seat passenger influence may take a more passive role for various reasons. Sometimes this happens when the driver is particularly dominant, or fully capable and the other self fully trusts the abilities of the driver. The back seat passenger may be more focused on inner realities at the moment which in itself is rather diverse.

Driver &back seat passenger take turns driving the car; In this situation, we have the reverse of the prior scenario.

Notes-The driver now takes the position of the back seat. This occurs in general based on prior arrangement, during the "inbetween" life or prior to the incarnation, also this can happen in emergency/immediacy-type situations(but their is an overall knowledge that the probabilities would occur, whether or not the drive may recall). The driver may or may not, be consciously aware of the arrangement. Depending on the awareness or particular expression of consciousness, the sensation is similar to looking over the shoulder of the driver, the (now)passenger has no direct control over what the body says or does, but may be fully aware of what the body is doing/saying. The (now)passenger may also "black out" whilst letting the other self do his/her job and "wake up" later on. Sometimes the other self may fill in the driver on what transpired during the switch of roles.

Driver & front seat passenger take turns driving the car; Similar to above, but with the (then)driver in a more passive role, whilst the front seat passenger takes control of the steering wheel.

Notes: Sensations are similar to looking over the shoulder of the drive, the person can choose to be aware or not, depending on whether the driver consciousness took the passive role due to a "triggering" or a disturbing(emotional/physical) event transpired. There may be a certain amount of trust in knowing that the other self is skilled in this particular field of experience thus better handled to the situation.

General Notes: Some of those who are aware of their many selves or multi-state of conscious may be aware of their unique state of consciousness from an early age. Others may go "blissfully" unaware until a later age where a catalyst event may propel the other self to take a more prominent role. There are also, more commonly known(as I see it) those who are still "working on" or trying to find their own internal state of harmony, or working through a more disordered state. I didn't focus on those aspects here or the sensations involved, due to time constraints as well as I wanted to bring more light to the subject on how it can function at it's more harmonious nature.

Also, one consciousness may be injured psychologically/emotionally, and ask the other conscious self for assistance in healing. This can cause problems if the consensual culture or reality only accepts singular states of consciousness, especially in some rigid social structures or institutions. Denial of the existence in the other consciousness will only force it to subvert momentarily or causing it to fight for it's right for existence. Irregardless, in those cases, there are very good self-help books on how to heal the other, but there is generally a bit of modifying or extrapolating given the nature of most books on the subject.

*More than one driver can occur, but a third energy is formed. Similar to that in a chorus where you have two singers joined in unison to create a new harmonious tone. I don't feel that many people would understand this aspect, so just pm me if interested.

**In disharmonious or if the two selves are in conflict with each other, it can manifest in many forms, such as fighting for control of the driver seat, one self trying to over power the other self, lock or subdue the other self and forcefully take control.

Some more links on mutli-states of consciousness:

"The Many you's"
Opening to Channel
The Three Selves of the Shamans

There's more but it'll take some time to find it...Hawaiian shamanism seems to have alot of info., as well as various channellers, but I hope this helps.

Ps. I worked on this over a course of bits and pieces, I tried to clean it up, so if there are errors or whatnot, let me know, pm works best, but I'll check in from time to time as well.
Old 24-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Master

I find this an interesting concept and the analogy of car and passengers is good. Something to think about.
Old 24-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Experiencer

I use the analogy of the car and driver in relation to past life identities/current identity. For me, the current identity has to "drive". That was a thoughtful and interesting post. It's far more complex than my interpretation. Are you thinking of the other passengers as "walk-ins", or past life aspects of the same soul? I will read your post again, and think about it today. Thank you for giving me a new perspective.
Old 25-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Guide
Quote:
I use the analogy of the car and driver in relation to past life identities/current identity.
I'd love to hear more about you're analogy if you are up to it.

Quote:
Are you thinking of the other passengers as "walk-ins", or past life aspects of the same soul?
I think there are several degrees to this manifestation for lack of better words. From my own limited experience and understanding....I have noticed that there is a concurrance of the other passengers to be related to one's past life aspects as well as aspects of the same soul, akin to a soul family.

However, I've also noticed that that is mostly due to ease of transference. Crudely speaking, my language/lexicon is severely limited here so hopefully it works out....if I liken say the oversoul's oversoul, to a tree, a branch to a soul group, which further branches out into soul families, then into twigs, and finally leaves. The leaf would be the physical manifestation of the person.

It's easier for the leaf to experience or share from a similar branch(like in past life memories or whatnot perhaps). Also, it's not uncommon to leave one's soul group and experience an aspect of another soul or another person in physical form if you will.... I've found an agreement needs to be made with the other's higher self, then you can effectively walk-in another which is quite fun if I might add, and very unlike anything one experiences from a standard physical experience, like high-definition learning.

So arbitrarily speaking... rather than tasting say a fruit, you experience what it is like to BE the fruit(but still as yourself, as nothing is lost).
Old 25-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Experiencer

That's really interesting, BlackSheep. I have never experienced anything like that, and I think it would frighten me. I am not "evolved" enough to risk losing myself. I have too much ego still. Have you managed to mingle that way, with another person?

My theory is relatively simple. The current personality/life drives, while all the personalities and lives we had in the past are passengers. We incorporate aspects of all the people we have been into our current identity. If one of the past selves becomes too important, there is an imbalance, and dominance of the current identity needs to be restored. I think this because I have watched past life memories take a person's current life over, and become an obsession. I totally agree with you that we occasionally change, or broaden, our soul groups.
Old 25-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Guide
Hi RosieCotton, If I may, I don't consider myself "evolved," more like my identifiers(or who I am) are different(we are all on a similar level), so I don't experience any diminishing but rather an adding to myself in such experiences. So it's more of allowance, just as you may allow experiences I don't.

I understand what you mean though in fear of loosing yourself though, I've had some experiences where it fundamentally shifted my perspective of myself and reality. I try to keep those type experiences within reason, as it can be a bit to handle on a personality level.

I've been able to mingle with a human, I don't know the person's name, I suppose that is best given the circumstance. I don't think the person was aware, on a conscious level of what was occurring. During the day, I picked up on something, I mentally put it aside to investigate further when time permits. Anyway, when I was traveling around in the non-physical areas, I saw a disturbing scene(there's this technique I learned from a former member of this forum's oversoul, how to travel and "peek" into the physical reality), I asked my higher self about it, and given the opportunity to learn, took it. If it helps any, it's a lot like empathy, but without the as much separation, almost like feeling it first hand, but through your own perspective. The difference would be akin to reading about swimming and experiencing swimming. I could probably spend a lifetime exploring in that way, it's so fun, and limitless. Rather than read about something, experience it.

I do imagine that a little bit of that goes on with some past live experiences, though.

Quote:
The current personality/life drives, while all the personalities and lives we had in the past are passengers. We incorporate aspects of all the people we have been into our current identity. If one of the past selves becomes too important, there is an imbalance, and dominance of the current identity needs to be restored. I think this because I have watched past life memories take a person's current life over, and become an obsession
I can see that happening. The interchange between all the different personality/life drives is very much over my head, alot I don't understand. I've noticed a "sharing"/bleed-through if you will through different focuses.

Thank you, I quite enjoyed this sharing!