Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 05:04 PM
developing1

Exclamation

I think the original poster has raised a very valid question....just how spiritual are you? it seems to me the original poster does not want to form a cult, or religeon, merely asking for those working with spirit to unite on particular days to help lost souls- which there are alot of

I think people are being quick to rant at Parafest when all he/she is asking for is help, would you refuse someone who asked you for help.........? would you walk bye when you see a homeless person asking for spare change? or give him some?

i wonder how many people in this forum give service to others selflessly..? and act each day in a true spiritual light and try to enrich, pass or awaken the light in other people...?

ask yourself this.... do you consider yourself spiritual because you attend a spiritualist church every week? or perhaps read a few books on the subject so feel that you're now qualified?

a true spiritual act is to give service to others with no thought of self, something in which the original poster was asking for, yet so far, is just being slated for it

ask yourself

How spiritual are you...?

developing1
Old 09-11-2006, 06:39 PM
kundalini

Hi developing1,

The thing is, in the very first paragraph, Parafest claimed that all those who saw the original posting, ignored it and did not come to the event. So, that translates that we are ignorant and have no time for his cause.

Then Parafest goes on to dictate to us that maybe we should rethink our lives. Well, somebody saying this would not bother me in the slightest if I actually knew them and they were in a position to make comments like that.

It's alright asking questions like 'How Spiritual Are You Really?' if Parafest was asking us to take a long hard look at ourselves because he/she really cares and that is their intention. But 3 posts ( 2 self-promotion and this ) indicates that he/she is doing it for ulterior motives.

I will certainly say one thing - if I joined a forum and made three posts, two which were self-promotion and another post like this, I would expect members to be critical of my claims. It's as simple as that.

Kundalini.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by developing1
I think the original poster has raised a very valid question....just how spiritual are you? it seems to me the original poster does not want to form a cult, or religeon, merely asking for those working with spirit to unite on particular days to help lost souls- which there are alot of

fair enough but if felt like we were being accused of 1 either not caring at all and 2 that we aren't spiritual people
I think people are being quick to rant at Parafest when all he/she is asking for is help, would you refuse someone who asked you for help.........? would you walk bye when you see a homeless person asking for spare change? or give him some?
parafest didn't come accross as asking for help, but more 'telling folk off' for not attending, just my interpretation though can't speak for others
i wonder how many people in this forum give service to others selflessly..? and act each day in a true spiritual light and try to enrich, pass or awaken the light in other people...?
truly spiritual people don't boast about what they do and who they help imo i'm sure most people here parafest included do all sorts of amazing spiritual workask yourself this.... do you consider yourself spiritual because you attend a spiritualist church every week? or perhaps read a few books on the subject so feel that you're now qualified? i find this insulting you cannot measure spirituality,it doesn't matter what you read or where you go being 'spiritual' is a way of life, not something you learn from a booka true spiritual act is to give service to others with no thought of self, something in which the original poster was asking for, yet so far, is just being slated for it perhaps some comments were a touch harsh but i certainly felt the original post was slating the members of this forum too!! all the above is my own opinion and i have nothing personal against either your good self developing 1 or parafest.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:00 PM
cweiters

Blame

My dear Parafest it is obvious you were hurting from your own dissapointment, due to the lack of participation you expected. I often tell myself

No healing can come from blame.

This thread is a prime example of what blame can do to all of us.

Once blame has been removed we all can heal, an move forward as one.

Love all
cw
Old 10-11-2006, 07:11 PM
tiltjlp

Parafest's last forum activity was the posting his complaint about his events failure. I think that might indicate that his only reason for being here was to promote the event. That in itself isn't a problem, but could make people wonder if he has any interest in this forum or not. Merely something to wonder about.

John
Old 21-11-2006, 11:39 PM
Monkey

I had a look at the site and read through what Parafest said. Firstly, I am surprised that this has survived three pages since the very first thing I read coming to visit this site after a long absence is a post about how preaching is not being allowed. And this, if nothing else was preaching. The central element of what preaching is according to moderators thread is how it is not going to be allowed that someone come to this site to tell people that they are right and everyone else is wrong. Clearly, this person has done this because according to them, if we do not take part in this, we can't be very spiritual or the right kind of spiritual and probably being prevented or blinded by lower energies. This therefore should have been deleted at the very first post, so I must admit surprise.

To Parafest, having read the info on the site, I think it is full of holes and frankly an excuse at money making. Your arguments are poor and circular which I am use to when it comes to fundamentalists but spiritualists usually aren't fundamentalists, but hey, live and learn they say. Your argument is this, people will either support this or they must be influenced by lower energies and how do we know that they are influenced by lower energies because they don't support this. It is a wonderful, manipulative brainwashing technique, used by many religions, including those who want to create cults. It never allows for the fact that they might actually be plain wrong, because a circular argument has no break in it and not amenable to testing or the requirement of proof. Let me run this argument and see how you deal with it, I don't believe this, just running it as an argument.

The organiser has been taken over by lower energies and making this demand of everyone for personal gain and in order for the lower energies to find an opening on this level. Everyone who joins his quest is of lower spiritual ability because they can't see this. Therefore, everyone must not do this. How do I know all this? Because only lower energies would be this devious as to manipulate us into helping them. They have made themselves out to be innocent higher level spiritual beings requiring our assistance when they are actually devious lower energy beings out to find prey. Try getting out of that one.

Since the day when the human race has had some impression of 'the other side', people have been praying for their loved ones and ancestors, along with priests, nuns, preachers, etc. They have been praying for them to be in their version of what heaven is. Mostly people are freaked at the idea of spirits hanging around and not moving on. So generally, I don't see how this person is claiming that the human race hasn't done enough and now needs to do something. People don't generally go to church and ask for their loved ones to stick around, they light candles and hope that God will guide them to heaven, where they will meet again. Similarly, I think that mediums do the same, by bringing spirits forward to communicate, I think they are giving them the peace to move on. So I really don't buy into the idea that we aren't doing enough or the spirits aren't happy with us or need our help. Moving on is made to sound like some far away place when it could very well be right here, in the same space we inhabit but on a higher vibrational level. So the spirits we sense around us may need 'moving on' or they may well have achieved what they need but like visiting.
Old 21-11-2006, 11:58 PM
kundalini

Hi Monkey,

The reason this thread was not deleted at the outset was that at the time of posting, there were no hardset rules about preaching. Now there is and future threads of this nature will be terminated immediately.

SF STAFF.
Old 22-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Monkey

Thanks. I hope in talking frankly, I didn't cause offense.
Old 22-11-2006, 12:20 AM
kundalini

Not to me Monkey. However, this thread has now run it's course and shall be promptly closed.

Kundalini.
Closed Thread