Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 09-01-2016, 09:33 PM
Seeker
Being an Indigo in the School System

We all know it. Schools aren't exactly ideal for indigos.

I'm currently in high school, and I'm just about at my wits end. I really am. I'm so tired of being assigned work when I could be pursuing my passions. I can see right past the guise of "education" and I know that this is not helping anyone, this is enslaving people so that we continue to march along on their prescribed course of life. I don't want to go from high school to college to work to retirement to death. I want to LIVE!

Does anyone have any advice for an indigo/crystal/starseed in the school system? I need some words of wisdom here, because I am feeling a little lost and a little hopeless.

-Phoenix
Old 09-01-2016, 10:09 PM
Pathfinder

Yo, I can hardly say that these are words of wisdom, but I graduated last year, and yeesh, am I glad to be out. I felt oppressed and felt as though the only part that wasn't a waste of time (separate from the occasional essay and book I enjoyed and thought was stimulating) was the journalism program and photography. I got through by distracting myself. And by telling myself, "All I have to do is pass these classes and graduate, then I can do what I love." and then I'd also be like, "BUT THIS is STUPID!" and then throw my pen down onto my computer in frustration and write in my journal about how it felt like it was eating away at my soul. So I just did as little of the work as possible (and still pass). I was also absent a lot for health reasons, so although my health concerns were severe, I did reap the benefits. For example, in my chemistry class which I managed to get a C in after missing over 40 days (still proud of that), I just read the material at home when I wasn't in too much pain to focus (which was most of the time), and I made a deal about the labs because I had the most trouble completing those: I took photos of the chemical reactions and the steps to complete them (because I am a photographer, and I can say that I am very good, especially considering that I have over 17 awards and that one came in the mail during her class which helped XD), so what I'd say is voice your concerns to the teacher, and if they are willing to make a deal, i.e. taking photos of labs instead of doing the lab reports, or doing whatever your skill set is that you can to help them in some way, in exchange for passing grades, or just tell yourself every hour at the beginning of a class, "It's almost over. Just an hour more. At the end of the day, after I finish some stupid homework, I can (whatever you enjoy in life, even if it's just sleeping at this point; it will change)." But also be sure to communicate with your teachers; I can't tell you how important that is. I would've failed out of high school if I hadn't just talked to all my teachers regularly, and if they sense you have drive and a good heart, and you say you're struggling, there's a good chance that they'll help you out as much as they can.

Last edited by Clover : 10-01-2016 at 05:40 AM.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:38 AM
Seeker
Thank you so much for sharing your story! I completely feel like this right now. I sometimes feel bad because I do try to distract myself. I love writing, so during class I'll just be creating my own language in between lectures. Anyway, I know it'll end, it just feels like it won't. I mean SERIOUSLY?! School takes up at least 13 years of everyone's life. That's **. Thanks again Lambo. This actually helped a lot.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix13

Does anyone have any advice for an indigo/crystal/starseed in the school system? I need some words of wisdom here, because I am feeling a little lost and a little hopeless.

-Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

What is hopeless is that the system is stuck in retarded ways. It does not serve any of the students. The indigo/crystal/star seed will notice this easily.

In my view it is best to play the game with the system. Go along with their agendas with out letting it dictate how you function in life.

Use mind over matter to avoid letting it upset you. That is what I think in best.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 10-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Seeker
Thanks John! Yes, I've been told that since I can past the veil that displays only what the system wants you to see, that I should use this to my advantage. It's just disheartening sometimes to see how twisted things really are.

-Phoenix
Old 10-01-2016, 11:17 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix13
Thank you so much for sharing your story! I completely feel like this right now. I sometimes feel bad because I do try to distract myself. I love writing, so during class I'll just be creating my own language in between lectures. Anyway, I know it'll end, it just feels like it won't. I mean SERIOUSLY?! School takes up at least 13 years of everyone's life. That's **. Thanks again Lambo. This actually helped a lot.
No problem! If I can help somebody, even a little, with my particular set of experiences, it was worth sharing, so I appreciate you saying so :)
And, dooooooonnnn't feel bad; I literally did the exact same thing when I should've been doing the assignment, it's fun and you actually get something out of it. Schoolwork feels like you're getting no returns (which you really are getting limited to no returns), and just take comfort in the fact that I will, very soon, as in the next several years begin researching the best methods to teach and evaluate the variety of different intelligences that exist (unless somebody beats me to it and does a better job than I ever could, in which case less work for me), so if nothing else, your children won't suffer as much in school XD Yeah, if you can do something you find personally productive that you can get away with during class if it's a concept you already understand, or if it's something like crosswords or sudokus that require limited attention, then you may or may not be able to pass the classes in a more tolerable, less lengthy-feeling way!
Old 11-01-2016, 06:07 AM
Seeker
Quote:
No problem! If I can help somebody, even a little, with my particular set of experiences, it was worth sharing, so I appreciate you saying so :)
And, dooooooonnnn't feel bad; I literally did the exact same thing when I should've been doing the assignment, it's fun and you actually get something out of it. Schoolwork feels like you're getting no returns (which you really are getting limited to no returns), and just take comfort in the fact that I will, very soon, as in the next several years begin researching the best methods to teach and evaluate the variety of different intelligences that exist (unless somebody beats me to it and does a better job than I ever could, in which case less work for me), so if nothing else, your children won't suffer as much in school XD Yeah, if you can do something you find personally productive that you can get away with during class if it's a concept you already understand, or if it's something like crosswords or sudokus that require limited attention, then you may or may not be able to pass the classes in a more tolerable, less lengthy-feeling way!

Wow, that sounds so interesting. I think that the school system right now is antiquated. Especially with the internet, it's ridiculous to sit through hours of instruction when someone has a YouTube video or a tutorial that could show you the same thing more efficiently. We need to find new ways to engage people in school, or else more unfortunate souls are going to suffer through this as well. ;) I wish you the best in college, and thank you for your words. Whether you think so or not, they are words of wisdom. Peace.

-Phoenix
Old 11-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Knower

I wish I knew the answer. I suspect myself to be an indigo and have an interesting relationship with school that I can write a book about. It's like I know my stuff but my grades don't show it. As for the whole school, work, then retire and whatnot, at this point I've decided I'll work in the field that I went to school for but will spend my non-working hours trying to awaken more. Feeling like my real home is when I meditate and try to learn stuff that way cuz the entities that I interact with during that time definitely accept me as I am. I also tend to think of it as more I'm an empath, part of my mission is to transform some energies, and I guess some of that requires me to be in specific locations at specific times. For all I know, the workplace might be one of the places where I need to do this mission.

we all got places that we need to be in order to fulfill our indigo missions and the answer's different for everyone.
Old 12-01-2016, 12:55 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot
I wish I knew the answer. I suspect myself to be an indigo and have an interesting relationship with school that I can write a book about. It's like I know my stuff but my grades don't show it. As for the whole school, work, then retire and whatnot, at this point I've decided I'll work in the field that I went to school for but will spend my non-working hours trying to awaken more. Feeling like my real home is when I meditate and try to learn stuff that way cuz the entities that I interact with during that time definitely accept me as I am. I also tend to think of it as more I'm an empath, part of my mission is to transform some energies, and I guess some of that requires me to be in specific locations at specific times. For all I know, the workplace might be one of the places where I need to do this mission.

we all got places that we need to be in order to fulfill our indigo missions and the answer's different for everyone.

Amen to that Robot. :) I totally agree. Grades are not a reflection of how well you mastered the material, they are a measurement of how closely you conform to the standard of information given in schools. I just hope the next couples years pass quickly so I can move on with my life and get out of this prison.

-Phoenix
Old 17-01-2016, 09:15 PM
Master

I left school early because it couldn't cater for me.

I did really well when I could be creative but didn't test well in the mainstream classes.

In the end I decided to attend a public college and learn something practical.

I was lost in the education system and remember that I was made to feel like a bit of a failure at the time.

I have discovered that there is so much more on offer than what schools teach there is. We can learn the lessons but school is not the whole story. My advice would be aware of the restrictions but not ruled by them. It is when we are aware of imposed and often illusory restrictions which we are able to find creative ways around them.