Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 28-07-2018, 11:30 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I think mediums are most of the time wrong and untrustworthy. So far none of them really impresessed me except a very few, but even those few ones are questionable. Also, if any medium offers help for a payment that automatically marks them as a fraud because if I could help someone I'd do it for free.

Do you think, then, that only your values are of any value?

Everyone has to earn a living in this world, one way or another. If one gives all one's time, or a lot of it, trying to help others isn't it fair to expect some support with living expenses?

The mediums - or perhaps just psychics - you've encountered haven't impressed you and that's fair enough but please don't tar everyone with the same brush. That's plain unfair.
Old 28-07-2018, 11:46 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
Do you think, then, that only your values are of any value?

Everyone has to earn a living in this world, one way or another. If one gives all one's time, or a lot of it, trying to help others isn't it fair to expect some support with living expenses?

The mediums - or perhaps just psychics - you've encountered haven't impressed you and that's fair enough but please don't tar everyone with the same brush. That's plain unfair.

Even 'true' mediums can be wrong because the messages they receive may be somewhat distorted and as a result misinterpreted. Therefore asking for a payment without guarenteed accuracy in a reading is also plain unfair if you ask me. And by the way there are better ways to earn money, like getting a REAL job.
Old 28-07-2018, 01:41 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Even 'true' mediums can be wrong because the messages they receive may be somewhat distorted and as a result misinterpreted. Therefore asking for a payment without guarenteed accuracy in a reading is also plain unfair if you ask me. And by the way there are better ways to earn money, like getting a REAL job.

There are no 'true' mediums. There are mediums and there are those that aren't mediums. Distortion of the intended message and/or inaccuracy is an unfortunate part of often difficult communication. Misinterpretation of what's said also happens when folk in this world speak to one another. Imagine how much more difficult it is being a link across two very different dimensions. That it happens at all is something amazing!

Payment for a service rendered is a tricky one. I agree with what you've suggested and feel that a medium with integrity should offer a reduction in their charge if successful communication hasn't been achieved. And that can be a contentious issue but before starting I think a practitioner should indicate what their sitters can reasonably expect for the fee they charge. It's a tough one, though, and one I've discussed many times over the years.

In the end, though, the process of mediumship deserves to be a fair one for both parties involved.

As for getting a real job well I don't consider I have any right to tell anyone how to live their lives BUT some mediums do have full-time, regular jobs and work as mediums in their leisure time. And some don't charge or make a small charge to cover additional expenses like heating and furnishing a dedicated room. Perhaps you feel they should do it for free and stand all such additional costs? Fair enough if you do, it's an honest opinion.
Old 28-07-2018, 03:48 PM
Administrator
Hello

You are born into being a a Medium, it is I feel that we all have some abilities but is it something you can learn, from scratch I do wonder. I feel that you have to have some calling to it, something that no matter what you do in life (trust me I know) it will not go from you. In my case it got stronger the more I pushed it from me. So finally I just said OK this is me....now what ?

I had a choice to make in my life path with being a Medium, as I have gone head to head with some of the best (as they were climbing the financial ladder of success) where I could have taken the stage. It did not feel right to me and I closed that door. Running into one that was to be a mentor to me years later, feeling I had made a wasted choice in not going full out on stage. I had what they did not have "freedom and a family".

We have to remember when we are doing spirit communications we never know whom is going to come in. We do not control whom comes to us as its all energy ebs and flows. There might be a person come in that has a message that the sitter really needs to hear. So we go with that.

Having done many Platform Medium sessions I know well that there are always some that do not believe or accept, and that not everyone will get the message they want or a message at all.

I can say that some of the top one's do not impress me at all, I wonder on the money getting a head of the calling they were given.

I do most of my work for free, if an event is a paid one then that is donation to charity. Now that is not to say you should not make a living from what one can do, but you have to keep on that moral and ethical path that does not lead one down the path of greed.

As long as one works from the place of the Highest and Greatest Good I feel one stays clear of the path of greed and Karma.

There is Karma attached to doing wrong or being greedy. I just saw that with someone I know....life caught up with them.

Lynn
Old 28-07-2018, 04:15 PM
leadville

Evidential Mediumship - as often found in Modern Spiritualism - is simple and fundamental and can be a wonderful thing when all works well. But it can be frustrating and disappointing (for seekers particularly) when it doesn't appear to deliver what was expected of it.

The words 'mediumship' and 'medium' may mean very different things to a seeker and there is no single definition that is automatically right for every single individual or every single situation.

What it means in Spiritualism varies, be that in Canada, Australia, the UK or the USA. Sometimes it varies widely but again there is no single universally-accepted definition about what should be expected from it. What mediumship means outside of Spiritualism can vary even more widely. Perhaps little wonder that seekers may be disappointed or even feel cheated by what they get.

Whether the service of mediumship is charged for or delivered f.o.c. is something the practitioner has to resolve for herself. There is no automatically right way although many may have firm views about what should be provided and how, be they practitioners or simply seekers of communication through mediumship.

Although there is no single way that is completely right there are ways in which it is completely wrong.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:53 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Have you heard of someone finding late in life, that they would have been just right in this area of work? What if someone has been mislead and lived with suppression of selfness? Would this person have to get to a realization in order to take their real Self as fact? I'm dealing with a bunch of strange "abilities", still not knowing what to do with it. I would like to let them go and just be normal. But feel like losing as soon as I try that. What if someone's a mx of all, a psychic, a medium, an elemental seer and converser, a healer, a seer, etc.? Do you know who to talk to with this? Either I'm just ego-tripping or dealing with a bag of things. I'd love some advice and insight. Thank you.
Old 13-09-2018, 03:07 AM
Ascender
I was trained to accept and develop my gifts in a Portland Ore Spiritualist Church. I have had a lot of confirmation during readings that the info. I am receiving and interpreting correctly was a match to the persons current life situation and future they are currently manifesting(but could change based on their energies).
Old 13-09-2018, 05:53 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathrin
Have you heard of someone finding late in life, that they would have been just right in this area of work? What if someone has been mislead and lived with suppression of selfness? Would this person have to get to a realization in order to take their real Self as fact? I'm dealing with a bunch of strange "abilities", still not knowing what to do with it. I would like to let them go and just be normal. But feel like losing as soon as I try that. What if someone's a mx of all, a psychic, a medium, an elemental seer and converser, a healer, a seer, etc.? Do you know who to talk to with this? Either I'm just ego-tripping or dealing with a bag of things. I'd love some advice and insight. Thank you.

If you're not in the UK there are few places to seek guidance. From your words I'd suggest you're not alone in your 'bag of things' you don't fully understand. Based on others' accounts - especially on this website - many are muddled about what attributes they are exhibiting. It seems to be the general picture nationally if not globally. I'm sorry; that isn't helping you but I wanted you to realise you're not alone because that may help just a little. Feeling isolated and 'odd' doesn't help when you're under pressure knowing which direction you should be going - if any direction.

For what it's worth and depending on your personal sentiments I see a few ways forward. The first is to suppress/ignore/not respond to your attributes and get on with life learning to deal with the feeling of loss, the sense almost of bereavement, that's perhaps unavoidable in so doing.

The second is to seek out others who are working in a more focussed way although that's likely to need time and effort without any guarantee of success. If you can find someone approach them and ask if they can help.

The third is to research and study all you can find, identify as closely as possible your attributes, research one or two that you feel most drawn by and learn all you can about just the one or two attributes. Then when you feel you have a better grip on those attributes see if life presents opportunities to help others by using them.

And if you can find a Spiritualist church within traveling range visit it and see what you find.