Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 21-11-2010, 05:42 PM
abikisses

UK Spiritualist Churches

Do you have a favourite one to go to?

I've always had amazing experiences from Balham and Clapham churches down in London. I did some development at Barnes although I found them 'modern' there was still the old hierarchy I'm better than you which you can get in some churches

Up here in the North West I've only been to Altrincham but considering the Manchester one... I love the community at Altrincham, although mostly they are over 50 and I feel I'm not going to get the type of support I would like in my development, just due to the fact nobody has the energy to run a class like this.

Blessings
Abikisses

Old 21-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Administrator
I Went to a spiritulist church many years ago in Chester i found it to be very boring and not run properly,and thats not saying anything about the ppl who went there and thaught they were better than anyone else.
so i left and went to a Healing Sanctury what a difference i went there for many moons,

Namaste
Old 21-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Experiencer
It's been a while since I atteneded one, however there was one I went to a number of years ago, it was brillant! It was so popular, most of the time it was standing room only!
There were also some very good mediums, one in particular who had a great sense of humor gave spot on messages and really lifted the vibrations in the room.
I have since heard though, it is nothing it used to be.
Old 21-11-2010, 07:38 PM
abikisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I Went to a spiritulist church many years ago in Chester i found it to be very boring and not run properly,and thats not saying anything about the ppl who went there and thaught they were better than anyone else.
so i left and went to a Healing Sanctury what a difference i went there for many moons,

Namaste

Lol my granny goes to the Chester one, I have to agree though!
Old 21-11-2010, 07:42 PM
mac

Churches are only as good as the organisers and the mediums they engage - along with their congregation.

Even the worst is likely to be heaps less bad than going to a mainstream church.....
Old 21-11-2010, 07:45 PM
abikisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Churches are only as good as the organisers and the mediums they engage - along with their congregation.

Even the worst is likely to be heaps less bad than going to a mainstream church.....

Sooo true!
Old 21-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac

Exactly Mac
Old 13-12-2010, 12:51 PM
JeremyMM

Spiritualist Churches

I have visited a large number of Spiritualist Churches as a speaker and demonstrator over the past 20 years. In that time I have made some good friends. Generally, all the churches I visit are warm and welcoming, so I don't have a favourite. But some churches have a greater sense community than others. Sadly, I note more and more that congregations are declining and some churches are forced to closure. I think that the decline in church congregations of all denominations is impacting in the same way on spiritualism. I also find the service is followed by most churches I visit is out-of-date and may be off putting to younger searchers.
Old 13-12-2010, 12:59 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyMM
I have visited a large number of Spiritualist Churches as a speaker and demonstrator over the past 20 years. In that time I have made some good friends. Generally, all the churches I visit are warm and welcoming, so I don't have a favourite. But some churches have a greater sense community than others. Sadly, I note more and more that congregations are declining and some churches are forced to closure. I think that the decline in church congregations of all denominations is impacting in the same way on spiritualism. I also find the service is followed by most churches I visit is out-of-date and may be off putting to younger searchers.

Good posting! I'm nearly 64 and I find churches feel out-of-date, the so-called Divine Services especially so. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Spiritualist so if I find 'em this way, I'd expect young 'uns to go once and never return...

It's a shame as the churches can be lovely and without the nonsense of mainstream religions, they ought to have huge appeal for the true enquirer.
Old 13-12-2010, 01:07 PM
JeremyMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Good posting! I'm nearly 64 and I find churches feel out-of-date, the so-called Divine Services especially so. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Spiritualist so if I find 'em this way, I'd expect young 'uns to go once and never return...

It's a shame as the churches can be lovely and without the nonsense of mainstream religions, they ought to have huge appeal for the true enquirer.

Hi Mac,

I think that's the problem - we all want to enjoy the experience but are quite often disappointed. Churches are often run by cliques which can also be off putting.

Cheers

Jeremy