Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 11-12-2011, 10:54 AM
deepsea

Is spiritualism all that it is made out to be?

I have a deep faith in Spiritualism and the fact that when we die,we leave our mortal bodies and depart for another dimension.
I'm calling the spirit world a 'dimension' because I think that's all it is.
I am not even sure of the fact of reincarnation any more.
I could go into that subject but would be off topic.

Spiritualism is becoming very over rated these days.
The subject is rife wherever we go,who ever we talk to.
Facts are given out,discussed till the subject is threadbare.
But still no actual proof is forthcoming.
We are fed on events from the past constantly until I feel I am living in the past.
Not in the present,where my body and mind should be.
We are constantly fed on quotes from mediums from past times until I feel choked with them.
Now is the time to open recent events showing proof that spirit do exist.
Where is that proof?
Deepsea
Old 11-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Deactivated Account

I often think the same way deepsea.

I have times of thinking.'is this really real?'

I think the problem is that we expect something profound. Something to makes think ' OMG that was it' We want or expect something so obvious - when in fact its only small and barely noticable.

I think our bodies/mind/5 sense overwhelm us so thats all we feel and do not notice anything else.

That my current thoughts about it. its breaking the physical world hold on our senses so we can percieve that other dimensions.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:07 AM
deepsea

Glad to have an ally.

Proof what I was saying.
It takes the small events to convince us not the large events that are constantly shoved down our throats.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Administrator
Hi deepsea,

It changes from person to person.we all have our own views the spirit world is real you have had many messages im sure to prove this to you,
but spiritulism is changing it has to it cant stay in the past, but it does exsist believe me,
gone are the days that mediums sat in circles in their homes, maybe its right or maybe its wrong only you can decide that,
but come into the new year and the shift will change again, more people will look to spiritulism, everything has its highs and lows, this is the low even though its still there, more people will become aware of it

Namaste
Old 11-12-2011, 02:07 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Hi deepsea,

It changes from person to person.we all have our own views the spirit world is real you have had many messages im sure to prove this to you,
but spiritulism is changing it has to it cant stay in the past, but it does exsist believe me,
gone are the days that mediums sat in circles in their homes, maybe its right or maybe its wrong only you can decide that,
but come into the new year and the shift will change again, more people will look to spiritulism, everything has its highs and lows, this is the low even though its still there, more people will become aware of it

Namaste

I still believe in Spiritualism but saying it has fallen to an alltime low.
Look at the sites that are closing down,not many left except this site and one or two others.
Deepsea x
Old 11-12-2011, 03:18 PM
mattie

Using One's Own Judgment

You should always use your own judgment to determine when various things are impeding your ability to fully live in the now as well use your own discernment about what works for you. Being a curious skeptic is a very useful position.

It is likely that when we depart our physical body that the nonphysical D will be just as real to us as our physical one is to us now. By this I don’t mean it will be the same or that we will perceive our bodies as solid, as it will be different in that regard, but that it will be just as alive w/ our interacting w/ other energies just as easily as we do w/ others in physicality right now.

Our having real doubts can be part of being at a fairly advanced place in our journey. These doubts don’t surface when we’re in the blissed-out newbie stage, but when we have done enough real work to stop & look at things in a distanced way, not being overly invested in any particular outcome. These can be a sign of substantial progress.

I agree w/ Native spirit that spiritualism is changing from the ‘... days that mediums sat in circles in their homes.’ IMO, this is OK as the constant in the Universe is change, growth, & expansion. IMO, the worst thing that can happen to spiritual practices, both personally & w/ groups is stasis. There is allot of evidence that the amount of people awakening is exponential. Continually there are those signing in on this site mentioning how they have gotten a sudden & strong impetus to explore their spirituality (classic awakening).

Some sites may be closing, but there can be allot of reasons for this ranging from them being a small group w/ ideas that don’t change that gets tired hashing over the same stuff to the site not having strong moderators & management, & being taken over by bullies who run off all of the former site members until the management just gives up & closes it. Many people may be gravitating to larger sites such as this because a mix of people is often productive for many reasons. From 9/26/11 to 12/11/11 this site has gained 627 members. As one can view replies here as a guest I’m fairly sure the new guests that visit, but don’t actually join are a much higher figure than 627.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:49 PM
deepsea

'Some sites may be closing, but there can be allot of reasons for this ranging from them being a small group w/ ideas that don’t change that gets tired hashing over the same stuff to the site not having strong moderators & management, & being taken over by bullies who run off all of the former site members until the management just gives up & closes it. Many people may be gravitating to larger sites such as this because a mix of people is often productive for many reasons. From 9/26/11 to 12/11/11 this site has gained 627 members. As one can view replies here as a guest I’m fairly sure the new guests that visit, but don’t actually join are a much higher figure than 627.'

I agree with all of the above,Mattie.

I have left three sites because of bullying.
Extremely upsetting.
Management did nothing to stop the bullying.
Luckily found other sites including this one.
I love the variety here and friendliness.
But so true what you say,different reasons for breakdown of spiritualism.
All three sites were spiritualism based.
Does not give spiritualism a very good name.
Deepsea
Old 17-01-2012, 07:17 AM
Patangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
I have a deep faith in Spiritualism and the fact that when we die,we leave our mortal bodies and depart for another dimension.
I'm calling the spirit world a 'dimension' because I think that's all it is.
I am not even sure of the fact of reincarnation any more.
I could go into that subject but would be off topic.

Spiritualism is becoming very over rated these days.
The subject is rife wherever we go,who ever we talk to.
Facts are given out,discussed till the subject is threadbare.
But still no actual proof is forthcoming.
We are fed on events from the past constantly until I feel I am living in the past.
Not in the present,where my body and mind should be.
We are constantly fed on quotes from mediums from past times until I feel choked with them.
Now is the time to open recent events showing proof that spirit do exist.
Where is that proof?
Deepsea

all of us 'old time' Spiritualists think that at times.

there are so many charlatans around in everything these days so why would Spiritualism be any different.

Also it's the way of world at present..everyone wants an 'instant fix'. So many want to be a reader or do platform work without the training.

I believe it's deliberate and dark forces are at work to divert genuine Spiritualist's attention and away from their beliefs.
Old 17-01-2012, 07:47 AM
deepsea

I hope you are right,Patangel.

Cos at this moment in time,I am going through the worst time of my life and could do with a little help.
I am losing interest in spirit,losing interest in spiritualism.
Old 18-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Enya

One thing to remember, Deepsea - Spirit is not spiritualism...it's not the ego-based human responses and power trips, either. Go deep Within, sit with your own soul/spirit and remember the truth. The spiritualist movement as it is has served its purpose - new pioneers are quietly taking the next steps.