Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 22-10-2018, 01:24 PM
Ascender
Someone's mystical experience with an aghori

https://www.reddit.com/r/IndianEnts/..._varanasi_its/
Old 25-10-2018, 05:27 AM
Master
Sorry, but I don't have the app which will let me read this and I don't want to download that app just so I can and then have no other use for the app besides reading this one article.

Sad but true.
Old 25-10-2018, 06:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Sorry, but I don't have the app which will let me read this and I don't want to download that app just so I can and then have no other use for the app besides reading this one article.

Sad but true.

" So when I reached there, I saw one Aghori and I sat about 10 feet away from him and got engaged in my phone. Now suddenly this guy stood up and came to me and asked,"Kya kar rha hai baccha?" (What are you doing kid?), Caught by surprise, I said nothing, just wanted to see Ganges at this hour. Now he took a puff from his weed pipe, smokes it out and said ''kahan ja rha hai?''(where are you going?) I ignored him. Then again he smoked out and drew a K in the smoke. That's what my ex's name starts with. Then he says," isi ke paas ja rha hai? (Going to meet her only? I myself had smoked weed sitting with some Aghori Baba's few nights back, it's just impossible to draw in that smoke. It's not so dense. Swear to God I have never been so petrified in my life. I started running right then, took the bike and reached the station, met her and couldn't sleep for the entire day. What the f..k! Still creeps me out."

That's the best bit Shiv
Old 25-10-2018, 06:16 AM
Ascender
Shivani Devi,

Thanks for your interest. You should be able to read it without the app, i tried just now in my mobile (both chrome and firefox) and i was able to. (Just scroll ignoring the pop-up). Otherwise there should be a "mobile site" link below the continue button. Also, both the mobile browsers give option to view the desktop site version in mobile.

Anyway, the post i linked is from reddit's "IndianEnts" forum and here's the post:
Title: "This happened with me on a ghat in Varanasi. It's been two years and this still creeps me out."
Body:"
Okay, there is one thing which baffled me when I was in college. I studied in Varanasi (Benares). There are special type of Yogis called Aghori Baba. They don't wear clothes and I've heard they even **** dogs and dead bodies. Never saw them doing this, though. Now one day my ex was going to Kolkata from Chandigarh and her train was passing from Varanasi so naturally, she asked me come and meet her at the station. The halt was also good like 20 minutes but the timing was odd. The train was supposed to arrive there at 4 AM so I borrowed one of my friends' bike to go to the station. I was getting bored at hostel anyway so I decided to visit Manikarnika Ghat to kill some time. This ghat is famous for Aghoris and 24X7 fire. People burn dead bodies here so there's fire every time at this place. I thought this would be cool to hang out there at around 3 AM. So when I reached there, I saw one Aghori and I sat about 10 feet away from him and got engaged in my phone. Now suddenly this guy stood up and came to me and asked,"Kya kar rha hai baccha?" (What are you doing kid?), Caught by surprise, I said nothing, just wanted to see Ganges at this hour. Now he took a puff from his weed pipe, smokes it out and said ''kahan ja rha hai?''(where are you going?) I ignored him. Then again he smoked out and drew a K in the smoke. That's what my ex's name starts with. Then he says," isi ke paas ja rha hai? (Going to meet her only? I myself had smoked weed sitting with some Aghori Baba's few nights back, it's just impossible to draw in that smoke. It's not so dense. Swear to God I have never been so petrified in my life. I started running right then, took the bike and reached the station, met her and couldn't sleep for the entire day. What the ****! Still creeps me out.
"
Old 25-10-2018, 06:36 AM
Master
Thank you both for showing me how to access that page on my mobile, and also for the transliteration.

My synopsis?

Gullible people tend to get "freaked out" very easily whenever a cold read nears the mark. What the Aghori do, is not really any different from a stage magician...or somebody like John Edwards.

Then, there are those Aghori who are not into mind tricks and THEY are the ones to seek out, because all the others will do, is wait for their audience to leave, take a few puffs of the chillum, turn to another Aghori who was watching and say:
क्या एक मूर्ख व्यक्ति...What an idiot!

Most of what the Aghori do, is for show and "shock value" or to prove a point that people are gullible sheep...Why do you think I like them so much?

We also happen to have a "God in common" so that's just bonus points.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 25-10-2018, 01:40 PM
Master
I actually had a very "Third-Eye opening" experience when I was staying with my brother, and Kralaro is gonna love this one...

My brother is a huge fan of James Randi and I really wasn't, because I thought he was just another arrogant skeptic, out to prove that the paranormal doesn't exist, contrary to my own personal experiences, so I wasn't interested in watching any of his videos that my brother watches...It was like "to each our own" sort of thing..

The other night, my brother urged me to keep an open mind and just watch one...I could do that because I am like that...I chose the video to watch...it was James Randi doing an interview in India for the "Think" conference...and I thought to myself "this should be interesting".

I watched the whole video very carefully, and came to understand that James Randi is, in fact, a true believer in the paranormal, he is just skeptical of those making false claims that they have "superhuman powers" either for money or notoriety and that is why he set up the $1 million dollar challenge...not to prove others wrong, but to prove himself wrong, because he sincerely wanted to meet somebody who could do all of that.

The conundrum being of course, that those who did so for greedy purposes..and to win the cash probably couldn't, because their motives were materialistic and impure...of course the psychic could donate all of the money to charity if they won it, or tell James to stick it where the Sun doesn't shine, but no psychic who does this stuff for money would ever do that...and if a person had the gift, given by God...money wouldn't be an issue for them anyway...they wouldn't even care, so they would refuse to do the challenge anyway..

Without further ado, here is the video I watched...enjoy.
https://youtu.be/fzjLvTnNHtg