Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 07-03-2012, 05:09 AM
Chalk1990

Hallucinations after waking up

Often I wake up randomly during the night and notice strange things on my bedroom walls, like moving spiders, grid patterns, glowing lines, just recently I saw a miniature ninja with a black robe and mask standing on the top of my closet door frame, and as I drifted back to sleep I said "Good night little Ninja" lol. I remember 90% of my dreams, and none of them are about what I wake up seeing. Whats the deal with this?
Old 07-03-2012, 07:26 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalk1990
Often I wake up randomly during the night and notice strange things on my bedroom walls, like moving spiders, grid patterns, glowing lines, just recently I saw a miniature ninja with a black robe and mask standing on the top of my closet door frame, and as I drifted back to sleep I said "Good night little Ninja" lol. I remember 90% of my dreams, and none of them are about what I wake up seeing. Whats the deal with this?

I believe that there is a point at which the conscious mind overlaps with the subconscious and both become visable as one merged picture. If you wake with a fright in particular the image that is being seen by your minds eye in the sub conscious is super imposed on to the back ground of your conscious environment. I know this as once i was being attacked by what looked to be a demonic looking person which woke me up. When i opened my eyes the person was hovering beside my bed. The odd thing was that it was laying on its side while my head was on the pillow but when i lifted my head it moved to an upright position at the same speed as my head tilted. The person was viewed internally and was a hallucination i suppose.

Makes you think quite a bit about when people see spirits for a brief moment out of the corner of there eye hey and they dissapear when the conscious minds spikes up out of fright hey?
Old 07-03-2012, 07:30 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalk1990

I remember 90% of my dreams, and none of them are about what I wake up seeing. Whats the deal with this?
How do you know that you remember 90% if you have forgotton the size of the portion that is the balance.... just playing Maybe the portion that is lost is the later part of the dream which is carried over in to your conscious reality.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:30 AM
embrace

Is this actually a hallucination? Do you literally "see" those things?
Old 09-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Chalk1990

I literally see them, but people classify this as a hallucination, you still literally see things you're hallucinating, they just aren't real.
Old 16-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Sundialed

When I have had sleep paralysis one time I remember seeing a demon, it was so ugly I couldn't even look at it.

Another time I had 3 EXTREMELY evil spirits on each of my side. it was not fun.

Not during sleep paralysis...

I awoke one morning and saw a tarantula on the ceiling, I shook my head to get rid of it and got on with my day.
Old 16-04-2012, 03:26 AM
iolite

It is possible what you're seeing is actually there but in another dimension. You can see them because when you first wake up, your vision is unfocused and you are still in a slight altered state.

I remember the time we were driving back from Manassas Park seeing the Christmas lights. I was really, really tired and fell asleep part way thru the Festival of Lights at the park. I woke up as we were leaving and driving down a road that paralleled the park and Rt 66. I glanced at the road ahead of us. It was pitch dark. I saw a very faint figure that looked like a Civil War soldier cross the road just out of range of our head lights. I wasn't thinking of the Civil War and I hadn't been dreaming about it. But there in front of the car, there he was. Two battles were fought in Manassas about a year apart and thousands of soldiers died there. The park is said to be very haunted.

The only other time I saw a ghost was when I was little (5 or 6) and I woke up to see our dog Lady stretched out on the floor by my bed. Lady had died, she got hit by a truck.
Old 17-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite

The only other time I saw a ghost was when I was little (5 or 6) and I woke up to see our dog Lady stretched out on the floor by my bed. Lady had died, she got hit by a truck.

Kind of reminds me of a time when I was very young and had a buddy sleeping in the same bed. When I woke up I thought I saw a ghost or something hovering above his body. I closed my eyes until he woke up.
Old 19-04-2012, 12:51 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic Self
Kind of reminds me of a time when I was very young and had a buddy sleeping in the same bed. When I woke up I thought I saw a ghost or something hovering above his body. I closed my eyes until he woke up.

That could have been your buddy's astral body.
Old 20-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Deactivated Account
I would look up hypnagogia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia and see if you relate. As medical as this sounds, I do believe it is a spiritual phenonomena though.