Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 04-09-2018, 10:51 AM
Master
Quick update on this: I was meditating yesterday when I was hit by a wave of extreme discomfort in the lower-right side of my chest, it was a truly hideous feeling :o Felt like acute nausea and of course it wasn't pleasant, but I continued with the meditation, remained relaxed and still, and it passed in a few minutes. Never pleasant when you experience sensations like that, but it does seem to be part of the healing process, for me at least and I'm sure for plenty of others, too, so I do think it's a positive development even if it doesn't feel great.

Other thing I've noticed is that the pressure in my head seems to be getting more intense, the more aware of my heart blockages I am - I've had a pretty strong pressure in my crown for about five years now, but it does seem to have heightened in the past few days. Not sure why that is, exactly, but I'll have to make sure I ground my energy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
Thank you for sharing. I thought I was the only person who felt like this. When I had my first “metaphysical panic attack”, I called a friend who told me to hug a tree. It worked for me.
I shall pounce on an unsuspecting tree when I'm reasonably sure no-one's looking, thanks for the suggestion
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidneyRicketts
I know...I guess smoking and drinking that bottle of Wray and nephews didn't help much Mr Ricketts...
We all make our own mistakes...
We do indeed - 'To err is human', as Alexander Pope said. You live and learn, as they say (or, well, that's the hope ).
Old 04-09-2018, 11:26 AM
Master
Hello Miss H, always nice to see you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
So stop complaining and do every thing I say.
Jawohl, mein Kommandant! :p
Quote:
Ha, my old friend...my prescription ...get every deep, tear jerker DVD you can ...turn the phone off...have a day alone
Also, subscribe somehow to every love song every sung....listen all day, my younger friend...
Um... you know I'm a dude, right? I jest, I jest - I've been listening to music a lot more just recently, actually, though it's more songs about the sorrow of isolation and disconnection ('Comfortably Numb' by Pink Floyd, for example). I know, I must sound like seconds of fun at a party but actually I find it very cathartic, whereas I'm not really 'feeling' love songs at the moment. You've inspired me, though, I'm going to rewatch 'Brief Encounter' later :) (Celia Johnson in particular gives such a wonderful, vulnerable performance).
Quote:
If you are a Gemini or with your Venus conflicted or in Gemini,
also ...your sunk!
Oh balls! :o
Quote:
Kidding...
Oh thank goodness!
Quote:
It takes WORK to open up that chakra!!!! (that comes so easily to others!)
Mm, certainly seems to the case for me, at any rate. I think the thing is that so many of us learn to armour our hearts in order to ensure that they don't get hurt (again), but the dark side of that is that you end up becoming desensitised - which is essentially what happened to me, I think, so my spiritual practice is geared towards resensitising myself. And there are myriad ways to go about that, I dare say, it's just a question of finding what works for you :)
Quote:
And yes, eating yin foods will help make you more sensitive!...Fruits and raw veggies...no meat,
cheese, alcohol and cigarettes.
Oh, but Miss H... cheese! 'They can take our lives, but they can never take our Stilton!' (I believe that's the more accurate translation of William Wallace's famous battle-cry, he was actually a giant cheese-fiend). No, no, I'm being silly - I'll bear that in mind, I'd never given much thought to the link between sensitivity and nutrition. I like to think my diet's pretty good (I get my five a day, eat plenty of whole grains, avoid saturated fats and stimulants, drink plenty of water), though I do allow myself the odd sugary treat. I'll have to look into yin foods, though :)
Quote:
**Also, volunteer at a Nursing Home...oh my God will your heart crack open holding a
wrinkled lonely hand listening to memories long gone..
I've considered volunteering in the past, my ultimate goal is to help people in some way or other - I don't feel that now is the right time for that but it might be something I'll do going forward.

Thanks again for the suggestions, Miss H, I hope you're well :)
Old 08-09-2018, 03:33 AM
Master
I know, I live in a small village and.... I looked before hugging.... lol...
Old 09-09-2018, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator
My parents were good people and I don't wish to criticise them in any way. I know how much they loved me.
But always in my childhood was an atmosphere of "perfectionism". My parents were both creative, and whatever they created had to be perfect.
Now in the case of my father that was important as he was also an engineer, and there is no room for any form of "sloppiness" in engineering! Otherwise -systems don't work....planes crash....water pumps fail! ...etc

He was also an extremely talented pianist. So when I started hitting the keys myself, making up tunes, I was guided into "piano lessons" which were too rigid for me and became work instead of joy. I did later manage to break out of that and spent hours making up piano music which was almost out of control for the high musical standards which surrounded me.
I was not stopped from doing that or anything. But sadly the rigidity I sensed about the piano lessons meant I didn't progress, and always found it hard.
My first piano composition was weird and unusual but had structure and form and strange key-changes which I loved. I took it to my teacher. She played it terribly, then slammed the lid shut. Told me it was awful!

My mother was a talented artist, and her work was of a "photographic" style....so my love for swirling colours together and making a mess, just because I loved colours....was often corrected, or I was advised not to mix this with that colour....etc.
She meant well! I know that. She saw I had a little skill and was doing her best to encourage it. But by her own standards of style.

I was brought up to be impeccably polite always. Never to cry (that was considered self pity) Never to complain.
I was brought up to dress in a certain way, with colours that didn't draw dramatic attention to oneself. A brilliant fuchsia-pink dress I chose once was looked on askance by my mother who said I should have chosen a paler colour. She didn't forbid me to wear it, but each time I did, I was aware she didn't like me to wear it....

My heart was blocked.
They didn't know that. And I didn't know it.

I was much wilder than them. I think they didn't know what to make of me. I used to feel literally sick as a dog sometimes, and walk endlessly in the night. It felt like a literal weight on my heart....but I hadn't a clue what it was, or how to fix anything.

Okay....fast forward.....that heart block more or less ruled the rest of my life. But being wild, I always managed to break out of the box....usually with a slightly haunting "guilty" feeling, but the box was broken out of nevertheless.
So I carried on breaking boxes and sometimes getting inexplicably angry, and crying my eyes out from time to time.....for a heck of a long time.

I think it took the approach of old age, plus a fortunate and lovely unconditional love in my life, to help me release those blocks.
I still get pain from them sometimes. I am a work in progress.
But I now have a way to see what's going on, and work with it, and when I get blocked I just do things that raise up my heart and Soul. Those things definitely carve a pathway in space time.
When the blocks hurt, I think they are remnants. Old wounds. Old wounds do ache sometimes. No huge deal.

And by the way, love to my parents whom I know for 100% sure loved me very much and meant me not the slightest harm bless their Souls. Kindest thoughts to them always.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
I know, I live in a small village and.... I looked before hugging.... lol...
Oh good, glad to know it's not just me who's self-conscious about these things

Tobi, I can relate to what you said about perfectionism, that's something that runs in my family, too - if we're not getting it exactly right, we consider ourselves abject failures. It's not easy to grow up in that sort of environment, it's difficult to cope with criticism when you're so young and innocent and of course the tendency is to take it to heart, to internalise certain judgments and to believe yourself inadequate, unworthy, unlovable, etc. And, of course, what most all of us want is love, so to believe ourselves to be inherently undeserving of love can feel like too much to bear if we haven't yet developed the emotional maturity to process those feelings in a healthy way. And so many of us aren't allowed to express our authentic selves because we're held up to the standards of others, so in time we learn to repress our true expression and instead try to mould ourselves according to someone else's expectations (though this doesn't appear to apply to you so much, from what you've said, you were rather more rebellious than I was - I was much more of a meek conformist, I didn't like to upset the apple-cart).

Of course, as you get older you learn not to take the behaviour of other people so personally, though those childhood wounds tend to linger regardless. It's unfortunate, and such deep wounds don't tend to resolve themselves overnight - it's a real work-in-progress, I've found, and requires a long-term commitment and a willingness to open to the pain that has been resisted (generally unconsciously, which is what can make it so tricky) for so long. Glad to hear that you've made considerable headway in healing, though - thanks for your input :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
When the blocks hurt, I think they are remnants. Old wounds. Old wounds do ache sometimes. No huge deal.
Do they ever, blimey I'd like to say that I also view them as no big deal, but I've really been feeling the blocks and accompanying emotions the last few days and they've felt downright impenetrable at times, Christ on a bike... just takes time for these things to break down though, I think, patience and consistency of practice really are the name of game, imo. There have been times when I've got to wondering what on earth I did to deserve all this pain, felt really victimised by the universe, but of course that kind of thinking only perpetuates my suffering so I try not to dwell on that sort of thinking.