Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 08-01-2018, 10:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
By the way, what happened when the Aboriginies would sing that there was going to be a kangaroo around the next bend and yet kangaroo wasn't there? did they have an explanation for that?

I prefer the old one "If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" and having said that, I shall post some nice Quantum Physics about the nature of our 5 senses and Consciousness:

https://blog.oup.com/2011/02/quantum/

The comments are interesting to read on this one.
A Songline is a map of landmarks, a memorized navigational track through their hunting territories.

About Trees.
Something happened, which made me think of the question:"If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

A while ago – one morning - in our leafy neighborhood, I heard a distant sound of a chainsaw being started and each time the motor revved it had a lingering other-dimensional OM echo to it which shifted me into a peaceful, serene and rather deep dreamlike meditation.

What an utterly strange omen or premonition. If that was what it was (?)
I did not know what to think or make of it.

Sometime later an absolutely huge mango tree between my place and the neighbors house was cut down.
Of course the whole neighborhood now heard the chainsaw all day and the branches of that old tree coming down - but beyond that - was the expanding into vastness of eternity OM-sound (“heard” all around the neighborhood earlier) the death song of that Mango Tree?

That Mango Tree had already started to rot at its core - so it was time - but it had housed so many animals and birds and I feel it was a sentient being as well - aware of what was about to happen to it.

So I think everything in the Universe is “seen” and “heard” (witnessed) – when there is “nobody” witnessing.

Last edited by sentient : 08-01-2018 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampgrl
She doesn't need to be anywhere around, all she needs is to be in his HEAD!
LOL, swampy! Guys are 'susceptible' because they find Gals 'attractive' - without Gals their lives would be one-hand-clapping, i.e. meaningless! Its the way of all flesh!

Don't exploit _your_ consequent 'power', now!

Woohoo - am celebrating, you might say I am turned 'on' by the 'jing' (with a 'jang' in it!) of _your_ Spirit.

Old 09-01-2018, 12:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
LOL, swampy! Guys are 'susceptible' because they find Gals 'attractive' - without Gals their lives would be one-hand-clapping, i.e. meaningless! Its the way of all flesh!
Of course there are 'sick' (i.e. unhealthy 'ego') Guys in this regard - just as there are 'sick' (i.e. unhealthy 'ego') Gals.

'Discernment' in the foregoing regards, is necessary - or at least desirable. Life's 'ways' are complicated!
Old 09-01-2018, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
"If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"
A couple of others angles on this:

"Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered" (from The NT)

"Everywhere are Its hands and Its feet; everywhere It has eyes that see, heads that think and mouths that speak; everywhere It listens; It dwells in all the worlds; It envelops them all." (from The BG)

Old 09-01-2018, 03:58 AM
Knower
Quote:

Don't exploit _your_ consequent 'power', now!

Woohoo - am celebrating, you might say I am turned 'on' by the 'jing' (with a 'jang' in it!) of _your_ Spirit.

I think I received, in return, that 'buzz' after reading your post. That extra something that only occurs occasionally in forum interaction from my experience. Reminds me of the saying, "who knows, lightening could strike!"
Old 09-01-2018, 04:06 AM
Knower
Quote:
A couple of others angles on this:

"Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered" (from The NT)

"Everywhere are Its hands and Its feet; everywhere It has eyes that see, heads that think and mouths that speak; everywhere It listens; It dwells in all the worlds; It envelops them all." (from The BG)

Love the poetic observation!
Old 09-01-2018, 07:12 AM
Master
Quote:
By the way, what happened when the Aboriginies would sing that there was going to be a kangaroo around the next bend and yet kangaroo wasn't there? did they have an explanation for that?

It's not really true that if you don't sing it it won't be there (though it might have been sung in dreamtime creation as an ongoing songline). I looked up the book and apparently it is a mixture of fiction and nonfiction. I thought, well that figures.

Quote:
I prefer the old one "If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" and having said that, I shall post some nice Quantum Physics about the nature of our 5 senses and Consciousness:

https://blog.oup.com/2011/02/quantum/

The comments are interesting to read on this one.