Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-12-2019, 09:37 PM
Master

Why this disbelief for spiritual gifts

I can't understand why there is a disbelief when it comes to the spiritual gifts, why are so many people that don't believe they can do what Jesus did and even greater things? Usually, when someone has a spiritual gift and then talks about it, then people appear and accuse this person that she/he is working for the devil, just as it happened on the time of Christ, they have an obsession with the devil.

I, myself, believe, with all my being, that we can do what Jesus did and even greater things, and I have set myself a goal to be able to manifest the power of the Creator in this world, it does not matter what it takes.

What is your opinion? It's the power of God still given to mankind? What does it take for one to manifest this power?
Old 11-12-2019, 10:02 PM
Experiencer

Not only do I believe in spiritual gifts, but I know that Jehovah has given me some. Mostly it's a matter of asking, having strong faith in the fact that you'll receive what you're asking for, and then putting it into practice.

I have asked Jehovah for a lot of gifts :P
Old 11-12-2019, 10:45 PM
Experiencer
At the risk of being controversial, I believe our lack of faith stems from our desire to deify Jesus. We want to believe that Jesus was more God than man and that we are more man than God.

Jesus showed us our potential on this earth and encouraged us to do as he did. We have the very same power, the source of all life flowing through us. But we are not brought up in alignment in Christ Consciousness nor educated in the way of truth. We are like 2 year olds, demanding our own way.

In order to exercise the power of God, we must grow up, accept the responsibility given us, and come into full understanding with His will. Authority does not come without responsibility. The true heir executes the will of his father for the good of the kingdom, not his own will.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:07 PM
Administrator
I have been called all the names under the sun for my gifts.even by family members.
i have been called evil, talker of the dead,mad etc etc

why because they couldn't do what i can. I learnt many moons ago to ignore such people.

Namaste
Old 12-12-2019, 12:58 AM
Knower
I’m coming at this from a non Christian standpoint, at first, I didn’t even realise this was in the Christianity subforum, but from my point of view, simply put, it’s bloody weird. Which tends to be scary as well to most people. We’re raised largely into a world of conventional science and notions of our reality. Even if we’re raised spiritually, we still mostly experience that reality. Thus, such things shatter our perception of the world. It is as if the ground you were standing so firmly upon seconds ago simply disappeared. What you experience is differing from what you are so certain is possible. It’s hard for most people to move past that block.

What’s more, most people see the decision at the point as this: abandon everything you know for a reality you have next to no understanding of, or disregard that experience and return to what you know. It’s obvious which option is easier. I’d argue that there is the third option. That what you know remains largely correct, there are simply other sets of rules out there that occasionally come into play.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I have been called all the names under the sun for my gifts.even by family members.
i have been called evil, talker of the dead,mad etc etc

why because they couldn't do what i can. I learnt many moons ago to ignore such people.

Namaste
Sorry to hear you had to endure that. I had the sarcasm and name calling but not as bad as you. Forgive them they know not what they do, right?
Old 12-12-2019, 02:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I can't understand why there is a disbelief when it comes to the spiritual gifts, why are so many people that don't believe they can do what Jesus did and even greater things? Usually, when someone has a spiritual gift and then talks about it, then people appear and accuse this person that she/he is working for the devil, just as it happened on the time of Christ, they have an obsession with the devil.

I, myself, believe, with all my being, that we can do what Jesus did and even greater things, and I have set myself a goal to be able to manifest the power of the Creator in this world, it does not matter what it takes.

What is your opinion? It's the power of God still given to mankind? What does it take for one to manifest this power?
We, as a composite group, may not realize our role in this behaviour.

When we talk about 'speaking in tongues', how many of us mock such behaviour?

When we hear people talking about new prophecies that seem to be valid, how many of us automatically refute any possibility?

How many of us refute automatically any kind of 'knowledge' you can find in the Bible? For example, the Jubilee and Golden Jubilee which are the foundation of our Bankruptcy Laws. Even today, are laws only contain a very small facet of this extremely wise law(s).

But then this was prophesied and recorded in 1 Corinthians 13:8-10 where it reads:

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears..

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 12-12-2019, 07:40 AM
Master
Quote:

What do you mean by ' Spiritual Gifts ' ?
Old 12-12-2019, 12:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What do you mean by ' Spiritual Gifts ' ?

Well, one of them would be the power of healing people..... There so so much suffering in this world, so so much...

There are so many people suffering, people crying out for help, but there's nobody to help them... Nobody...

And I know there are good people trying to take away the suffering, but it's not enough, I can hear their cry of help.. It's not enough...

I've been pushing myself further and further, not caring about the risks, and I am still not able to even get a glimpse of this power, this morning I suffered from a very long form of sleep paralysis, I thought that it's over me, there was no fear, it was just I could not wake up from that state.. I tried again and again to detach what I call my "spiritual body" from my body from a conscious state... why I try this? There's no limit of what you can do in the spiritual realms, I plan to find a way there to help people and to help myself.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Well, one of them would be the power of healing people..... There so so much suffering in this world, so so much...

There are so many people suffering, people crying out for help, but there's nobody to help them... Nobody...

And I know there are good people trying to take away the suffering, but it's not enough, I can hear their cry of help.. It's not enough...

According to the Bible the gift of healing and miracles were only for the Disciples/Prophets.

Here's an interesting article.

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/a...-see-miracles/