Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-04-2017, 02:56 AM
Suspended
Guide
Hello Xanny,

I have just started meditating again after laying off for 27 years,I do an hour a day,in the mid afternoon so it is slightly noisy, I want the sounds of the traffic and folk making their daily noises as they go about their business,I specifically want outside noise so I can mentally remove it from my mind.

Its very hard but worth it in the long run.
Am not having much luck with the meditation but the relaxation is phenomenal.
I shall stick with it,I am not expecting a result,if it happens then good,if not then good also.

Sometimes folk try too hard,they read into something that really has no meaning,
Your problem is unique to you,I have memories that go back 58 years,I remember what's useful to my general health and wellbeing.
All my meditation's are for relaxation,not confusion!

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 25-04-2017, 03:22 AM
Newbie ;)

I get that very often, It's like if every information was automatically labeled "low priority" by my brain, nothing really catches it's intention for too long, I have to wrote every important things down, well I genuinely don't care about most things of the past but this gets a little over the top.

Last edited by klandestin : 25-04-2017 at 07:44 AM.
Old 25-04-2017, 04:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanny
I'm not feeling well today so I decided I'd just lay down and try to meditate for a while to rest

but the thing is, I get these great messages or answers, or sometimes I'll see something, but when I open my eyes the messages or the answers I received are completely erased. Anyone else have problems with retaining information?

The only visual I ever remembered was seeing this long bridge, and a huge church like structure (very pointy, very tall) made out of a light blue crystal sitting on it's own island I guess, but everything was made up of material I can't really describe

I know I don't intentionally meditate a lot, it could be that I need to just intentionally do it more.. maybe practice or something?

This is common. When we engage the Witness or Observer state, which is where we can receive the messages, it just notes what was heard/seen/felt, it doesn't record it per say. In order to retain the memory the information must be moved tot eh conscious mind. Also one must not drop too deep into state or it is very very difficult to recall at all what happened. With time and practice you will get better at controlling the state and moving information from the Observer or witness state to the thinking mind so it can be retained after leaving Theta Brain wave state and returning to Alpha.
Set your intention to do so and it will help.
If you have problems with loosing consciousness, it's like falling asleep, but you don't feel the same after coming too as you do after a sleep, then use Intention again to maintain alertness, enough so that travels and information can be recovered. There are times it is impossible, particularly after energy transpires and downloads from Higher Self and Angels/Guides, and that's okay, just go with it, it's useful for integrating the energies in a way which doesn't alarm the thinking mind which may block the knowledge transfer in it's reaction.
With more practice and awareness you will be able to have more control :)

Having said all that though I don't practice Mindfulness meditation - I practice No Mind Meditation. So in the link you listed I've never experienced any of that and it sounds rather terrible! Eeek!
Old 09-05-2017, 12:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanny
I'm not feeling well today so I decided I'd just lay down and try to meditate for a while to rest

but the thing is, I get these great messages or answers, or sometimes I'll see something, but when I open my eyes the messages or the answers I received are completely erased. Anyone else have problems with retaining information?

The only visual I ever remembered was seeing this long bridge, and a huge church like structure (very pointy, very tall) made out of a light blue crystal sitting on it's own island I guess, but everything was made up of material I can't really describe

I know I don't intentionally meditate a lot, it could be that I need to just intentionally do it more.. maybe practice or something?

it sounds to me like you may lack concentration in meditation. It could also be that you are abruptly leaving the state of meditation.

For increasing focus I suggest googling some meditations on concentration during meditation.

If the problem is leaving the meditation state too quickly, try slowly easing into regular consciousness, like you are just waking up and you want to relish the deep relaxing feeling left by the nights rest. That ought to help keep the active mind at bay while you quickly re-process what you just experienced in meditation.