Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-05-2017, 09:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Stop calling it something bad and ask what you gained from it.
You offer a lot of great advice around here Greenslade. Now... Life can be bad at times. Losing one's job with the rent/mortgage coming up is bad. Stressful, terrifying. Yes the trick is to will one's self to move forward. At the same time, and in the same way it's natural for people to grieve, one can be a bit lost for a time in the bad and unhappy circumstances that do come about as a result of living life.
Old 27-05-2017, 01:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Maynor
How do you reconcile when something bad happens and you miss all the signs?

I am an empath and always thought I was very intuitive. However, I missed all the signs about a recent job offer and now find myself in a very tough spot. I am just as upset about the job situation as I am about my lack of ability to know it wasn't a good thing.

I had a job for two years that I never liked much so started looking for a different job a few months ago. I was excited when I got an interview from a company I always wanted to work for. I knew the interview went well and was thrilled when I got the job offer a few days later. I actually thought I had done something to manifest this and felt it was divinely being driven. I've never been happier. Then two days before I was supposed to start, the company retracted the offer due to budget cuts. I had already left my old job. I had two jobs, now I have none and am thinking of calling my old boss to beg for my old job back.

How could I have missed any sign of this? Why did this offer have to come along only to not work out?

Hi Ginger Maynor,

In my experience, things look different in hindsight.
At times don't know what is around the bend.
It comes across, to me, you made the decision that was felt to be the best at the moment and it didn't work out the way it was hoped and understood.

This may not make the current situation any easier, but would suggest do what is needed to get by.

I recently moved to a new place and my job situation is not the best at this time.
Don't know what changes are ahead and doing my best to sort things out.

Make a list of priorities, if helpful. May help to organize things a bit. What other opportunities are available?

Sometimes decisions are made that simply don't go as expected and other means need to be worked out.

I can't answer what this may be for you. Just that in my way of thinking can't always control how things may work out. Changes happen and at times can be a real pain to go through. I understand the pressures of having to survive and pay the bills.

Mostly be easy on yourself and stay open to other opportunities.

Did you have a good relationship with the former boss?
Just some suggestions and wish you well.
Old 28-05-2017, 09:44 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
You offer a lot of great advice around here Greenslade. Now... Life can be bad at times. Losing one's job with the rent/mortgage coming up is bad. Stressful, terrifying. Yes the trick is to will one's self to move forward. At the same time, and in the same way it's natural for people to grieve, one can be a bit lost for a time in the bad and unhappy circumstances that do come about as a result of living life.
Thank you, much appreciated. But not talking about 'unhappy circumstances' doesn't mean they haven't happened just the same, we deal with the experiences of the past in different ways as much as we have different ways of dealing with them at the time.

Sometimes the grief drives us forwards and sometimes all we can do is live with the hole for the rest of our Lives, because the only way to deal with the hole is to make it a part of ourselves.
Old 28-05-2017, 11:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Sometimes the grief drives us forwards and sometimes all we can do is live with the hole for the rest of our Lives, because the only way to deal with the hole is to make it a part of ourselves.
Okay right... and it took me reading that twice to understand! First time was like, "What?! Live with holes?!" But yes, our life tapestry is comprised of many holes, patched and unpatched, consciously recognized and unconsciously unaware of, and also those holes that are completely ignored because they're just too dang deep and wide to dare contemplate.
Old 29-05-2017, 08:48 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Okay right... and it took me reading that twice to understand! First time was like, "What?! Live with holes?!" But yes, our life tapestry is comprised of many holes, patched and unpatched, consciously recognized and unconsciously unaware of, and also those holes that are completely ignored because they're just too dang deep and wide to dare contemplate.
Often those dang deep holes are the ones we should contemplate because they are of the depths to which we can feel. Often they're the difference between alive and truly mundane as deeper depths mean higher heights.