Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 27-07-2015, 04:42 PM
Ascender

Past/paralell lives and karma

Hello! I have a somewhat complicated question but I'm hoping someone might have some thoughts about it.

I just had a past life reading done, which was really amazing. She highlighted 4 of my lives that were shown to her. I had asked about some specific people. However something confused me at first was that 3 of the last lives overlapped each other. From ww2 to this conscious life. After thinking about it I realize that this must be because time is an illusion, non-linear and we are kind of living every life at once. Alright, cool. But then, how does that effect our karma? How can we have past life karma if we are currently living all lives at once? Is karma simply just the act of holding onto specific emotions or feelings throughout? Do they change as things get resolved in one life and automatically flow to the next, or, is each life a completely different experience that may have common aspects that flow between each that make you, you, but the karma is spread between each?

Like how can we say 'Oh they have bad karma because in the last life he cheated on her' if technically they are living that life right now, in another consciousness, is that karma from that life in real time affecting this life? Is it simply that we have common lessons that flow within each life, and each life we are given a chance to explore how to work through it and let them go? Where my thoughts are now going is that even though we are living everything 'at once' in that linear aspect the energy flows from one to the next constantly uploading or downloading from each consciousness as one thing divided into many aspects. My struggle with that though is are the choices we are making in the other lifetimes (again technically happening right now) not affecting this current consciousness? Maybe they are? My brain hurts.

I hope someone is able to grasp what I'm asking and has some thoughts to give! Thank you in advance!
A
Old 27-07-2015, 06:03 PM
Knower
What we do in each of our lives affects the others. As they are happening, karma is being created and resolved. What I do in this life affects the life I am also living as a street orphan as well as the life I am living as a druid Priestess as well as my life as a so on and so on.

If you think about it we are like God in that we are omnipresent in a way.

I actually had a phobia develop at the time one of my other lives experienced a trauma.

Very strange world indeed!
Old 27-07-2015, 06:18 PM
Ascender

Ah this is a really interesting perspective. Actually it's funny but I have this irrational 'fear' of cotton balls which is insanely ridiculous, and I have no idea where it came from, but just kind of started one day in my early teens. haha I could assume that it came about because of another life existing at the same time!

So I guess then the way to look at Karma, is not something that happens from life to life, but something that is shared between all lives. It's more about maintaining a balance than an eye for an eye situation.

Thoughts?