Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 07-06-2014, 12:12 PM
yukon

Why is nobody reaching out to me???

Hello.

When my dad died in 2002, a ton of odd things happened around the house in the months after. Things that you KNOW is him saying hello. Things that can't be explained any other way. It was this stuff that made me fully believe that there is something more after death.

Right now, I am going through what is probably the lowest, roughest point in my life so far. I just found out that my husband of 10 years is moving to a new house and moving my neighbor and her son in with him. After high school, I became pregnant with my son. We moved out of state and got married. I became a stay at home mom. Thus, with being new in the area and having little contact with people being a stay at home mom, I have ZERO friends. Not one single soul.

I am utterly, completely alone - aside from my 2 kids. My beloved dog died in 2012. I have seen the thread about pets being soulmates, and he was mine. I love him desperately. He never came to me like my dad did after he died. I spent weeks looking up NDE's to make sure animals still exist. I go to bed at night and plead for either them to come to me. I'm tired of nightmares about my husband and "her". Neither of them visits.

Why don't they come when I want them so badly?
Old 07-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Experiencer

Welcome to the forum.. i'm sure you will find people who care here and people who can give you hope when you thought there was none...

What you are desribing is a series of bad life event.. they will take their toll on you and your confidence.. But you can be strong and you will get thru this...

I think A Near death experience is not what you are experiencing ...

It hurts when people and pets die and some get over it more slowly than others.. Relationships too are a major kick in the gut and I know exactly how you feel Really I lost both parents in the last 3 years and not a day goes by when I don't think of them...

Yes you do get little signs, little things that can translate as to 'Someone is trying to get your attention'.. The problem is they are inexperienced at communicating to you and you have no experience to be able to 'tune in if you like' to them.. They do often communicate thru your dreams and they are usually very vivid... I know this isn't really the right section on the forum, but I and many of my family line are Mediums.. In order to make a contact, it would be good for you to try to learn to Meditate.. You can get a book & a DVD from the public library and give it a try. The best ones to begin are 'Guided Meditations' they are not too long and will have a path to lead you and bring you back, they are very calming too. There is no guarantee that you or any Medium can make contact with a specific person/ family member, it doesn't work like that.. On the other side we use, Guides, Facilitators and Communicators...

It took 23 years for my grandmother to come thru to me!!!! Yet my other grandmother was there much faster... So be patient... In case you wondered your pet who is in spirit may well make their presence known....

As to your isolation and percieved friendless situation.. join a class at a time convienient to you.. You will be surprised.. Take up walking, join a hike, even your children will want to come along... I know you miss your pet, but think of all the animal shelters that would just love an experienced former dog lover to adopt one of their charges..
Life is not empty for you, you just need to begin to take it back ..

I do hope this has been of help to you.. Feel free to pm me any time ...
Old 07-06-2014, 02:40 PM
yukon

Thank you, I actually joined the forum after several months of browsing here following the loss of my dog in 12/12. I had been looking for any proof of animals in the afterlife. Since the dog didn't reach out to me, I was looking for some kind of assurance that he was okay and I would see him again. Thus my looking for NDE's. No, I never experienced one, I was just trying to read other people's stories of "heaven" to find out if animals were there :)

The other day I was carrying a tray of muffins at work back in a kitchen. Nowhere near cash registers. As I was walking, a penny fell from God only knows where and bounced off the top of my shoe and rolled away. I thought that might be something. But since then I have had nothing.

I actually already have gotten another dog since losing the first. But the bond is not there. I treat the dog well, but he is just a dog. But the one I lost was like a child. I don't know if I expected too much out of the new one or what. Maybe I did not bond with him right, or maybe the one I lost truly was just special.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:03 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wolf Medicine Woman

Yes you do get little signs, little things that can translate as to 'Someone is trying to get your attention'...

Yukon, I'm not sure if you noticed, but your original post has a time stamp of "12:12" on it...
Old 07-06-2014, 08:41 PM
Ascender
Yukon, I am truly sorry to hear about the current hard patch you are experiencing in life. Most people on this forum will have experienced similar periods of severe difficulty, although the exact nature of the upsets will of course not be identical.

Despite what some religious groups may claim, all animals pass to the astral planes in just the same way as humans. Pets can and do make contact with caretakers with whom they had a very strong bond, but just like with humans, making a visit to the physical plane from the astral is not that simple. It depends on two factors - "this end" and "that end".

Firstly, although many people "ask" for a visit, they are often so bound up with their earthly lives and worries that they are not in the right receptive frame of mind to recognise when a visit has been made. So often, a human or animal will visit a beloved one in the physical, but the person is not aware that a visit is being made. His/her mind is often elsewhere - busy with everyday affairs, or tied up with grief or worry. The advice above about guided meditation is therefore a good idea. You must feel receptive and calm, if you are to sense when a visit is being made.

Secondly, not all beings on the astral can or want to visit the physical plane. The astral and physical planes are quite different, since one is material and dense and the other is non-physical and "thin". In some languages, the astral body is even referred to as the "thin body". Visits can be made, but it needs perseverance and training. Some astral beings try to communicate shortly after passing over, but often their efforts are not noticed and they just give up trying. Some beings on the astral are so happy there that they have no desire to return to the physical realm, even for a visit.

However, you say that there was a strong love bond between you and your father, and between you and your beloved dog. In that case, communication should be possible, but it needs working on. Try to meditate, or get yourself into as relaxed a state as possible, and then think of them - and nothing else. Put all other thoughts aside; that is essential. Ask them to contact you, either via a dream or by direct contact whilst you are conscious. Then, you need to spend your days always thinking of them, even when you are doing other things (not easy to do, I know!). Determination, a strong desire and a clear mind are all key.

There is another possibility, but it depends on your desire and ability. You could learn to astral project and visit your loved ones for yourself. But some people are better than others at astral projection, and it also needs dedication and practice.

I do so hope that your current difficulties in life will be resolved soon. If you require specific support on the issue of animals in the afterlife, you are welcome to contact me.

Every best wish to you!
Old 07-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator
Dear Yukon,
I am sorry to hear of your losses and sense of loneliness right now. My kindest thoughts for you.

Yes, animals do pass over into spirit, just as human Souls do. I didn't used to know this, but discovered that from my own dog, and experiences after she passed.

If there is a bond of love between you, the love cannot die. The Soul of your dog still loves you very much. Please do remember that.

Sometimes, immediately after their passing, a Soul can occasionally stay in an etheric state for a little while. This is much finer than the physical, but much denser than the astral or spirit body. It's because of this that many people report hearing phenomena, seeing things 'out of the corner of their eye', quite tangible scents, sometimes have objects move on their own, or suddenly turn up unexpectedly....and other things.
Those 'tangible events' are not the sum total of what we call visitations.

When the deceased goes quickly to the astral/spirit state, or even after a little time, progresses to that state, then their contacts become more subtle, as the spirit body is much much finer. I'm not saying there still can't be tangible events (as some spirits manage to manipulate matter via the etheric while visiting) -but it's less likely.
Instead, their visit is more likely to be an influx of sense on the emotional body, felt in the emotions and what we call the 'heart-centre'.

We might think they are not communicating because of the lack of any 'phenomena'....far from it!

They contact us through feelings.

Attunement to them, sending love, heartfelt memories, strong affection, heart-felt prayer for their well being....and even those sweet tears (not the tears of fear, feeling lost, pain or sorrow, but those tears which just mean our feelings overflow) -all those things do definitely reach them.
And receiving their contact means listening for 'replies' or being aware when the essence of their character, and a loving feeling suddenly appears out of the blue....perhaps just after you have been thinking about them kindly....and perhaps just on its own. That really is them, and it really is their contact, so do trust, if you sense such things.

Send your loving thoughts every day. Whether you get an answer or not. It is not wasted, believe me!

And as for 'signs'....yes it's very interesting -someone has just mentioned your post was sent at the time: 12:12
And that is the date your dog passed away?
Is spirit trying to tell you something? Maybe you are not as alone as you think!
Old 07-06-2014, 11:21 PM
UnicornRedefinesButt

I don't know Why, but maybe Heaven isn't quite as real as You think it is, and people float around Away from God's gates (Heavenly Jerusalem) Now smashed asunder!'

Truth be told, I've given up on people a long Time ago, and I'm pretty loyal when people offer returns, but I've come to believe in the power of "I Am"!
Old 07-06-2014, 11:26 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon
Thank you, I actually joined the forum after several months of browsing here following the loss of my dog in 12/12. I had been looking for any proof of animals in the afterlife. Since the dog didn't reach out to me, I was looking for some kind of assurance that he was okay and I would see him again. Thus my looking for NDE's. No, I never experienced one, I was just trying to read other people's stories of "heaven" to find out if animals were there :)

The other day I was carrying a tray of muffins at work back in a kitchen. Nowhere near cash registers. As I was walking, a penny fell from God only knows where and bounced off the top of my shoe and rolled away. I thought that might be something. But since then I have had nothing.

I actually already have gotten another dog since losing the first. But the bond is not there. I treat the dog well, but he is just a dog. But the one I lost was like a child. I don't know if I expected too much out of the new one or what. Maybe I did not bond with him right, or maybe the one I lost truly was just special.

Greetings Yukon and welcome to SF...I am so sorry for your loss and all of the difficulties you are experiencing.

My first marriage was abusive and ended in him leaving me for a woman he worked w/...who looked just like me. I ended-up raising our Son by myself...from the time he was 16 mos. old--until he turned 5--then I remarried.

My second Husband was the love of my life and made me the happiest woman in the world for 20 years.

I know it is too soon to even consider such things--but I want you to know that this ending will bring about a new beginning and life will go on.

Now...let's talk about Animals and the afterlife. I see and feel Spirit Animals all the time. They are so real that I can actually feel them get-up on the furniture with me--many times I have reached to pet my Cats--then realized they were not there.

I know that the Others are with us all the time...but when we are upset--or life gets over-whelming--it is difficult for us to sit quietly--breathe--still our minds--and listen. The most difficult part is learning to determine the difference between your own inner-voice and theirs...it took me awhile--before I realized that Spirits were coming to me--giving me advice--guiding me.

They are with you and you will hear them...when it's time.

I am always here anytime you need to chat--please feel free to PM me--if you would prefer to talk in private.

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra
Old 08-06-2014, 12:45 AM
yukon

Thank you all for the kind replies. This has been one of the hardest days of my life. It means a lot to me to see such kind words.

I didn't notice the time stamp until it was pointed out. That is pretty neat. Yes, he died 12/3/12. I really miss him. Coincidentally, he was born on the day I got married. I have had a really hard time losing him because I feel like he has represented my entire adult life.

Now he is gone and my husband is too. I don't know if I am just crazy right now or what, but I am taking it so personally. I am to the point where I feel offended over the dog because for some reason, my husband's rejection feels like the dog's life didn't matter. We had so much together, and he just walked away like that.

I know I am crazy.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator
yukon, you are very wounded, not crazy.
You have a double grieving going on. When relationships fail, or someone leaves -we grieve because it is a death. And it can be a very deep grief, and bring a lot of things up in us.
The difference is your dog still loves you, very much indeed. The body has died but not the love.

I wish you, your children, and your new dog all the very best. You have a nice family remaining. The new dog will never be the same as your 'Heart Dog' who has passed into spirit, but is a Soul who can befriend and help you through a rough time.