Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 12-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Knower

Not while you are Human

So far I seem to be the only one with this vision, so I might as well create my own thread.

I am not going to say that Non-Duality does not exist, because after all everything is originally created from one source.
However, the moment you change to your human form it's all different. From that point on until you "die", you are constantly dealing with Duality. Whether or not you understand originally there was no Duality.

Duality seen as a state of mind makes values like 'hot/cold', 'up/down', 'good/bad' etc. unimportant.
I will explain this in the most logical way I can:

As you may have noticed, everyone has a different opinion on the same subject.
That means everyone has a different perception.
If everyone has a different perception, it means that what your higher self knows to be true and that what your corporeal self knows to be true, are both different from each other. (sometimes or most of the times different does not matter, because there is still a difference)
If the perception of your higher self and your corporeal self is different, it means everything is not one.
And if everything is not one, it means Duality.

Of course, it is still perfectly possible to sense Non-Duality. But you can not do it on your own. Meaning; you have to be connected to your Higher Self / God / Source.
Your senses are limited, you need source for guidance. And as long as that is the case, you are still going through Duality 100% of the time.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:23 PM
Master
your explanation doesn't ring true for me.
the main problem i see is that perceptions do not establish truth;
yet you've implied that such is the case.
(truth doesn't require establishing; indeed, it is the basis for any/all other things.)
knowledge is always "true", false beliefs are not "knowledge".
to perceive differently does not preclude unity.
for example: i can hear something, and i can smell something;
having two sensations does not make me two distinct beings.

this is odd:
"Of course, it is still perfectly possible to sense Non-Duality.
But you can not do it on your own."

you appear to insist that duality is required for experiencing non-duality.

blessings to you,
H:O:R:A:C:E
Old 12-01-2017, 08:58 PM
Knower

I have implied nothing. And I did not say your higher self or God is a different being. Source (or your higher self) knows the truth all the time, you on your own (meaning: with your physical senses only) can not know the truth all the time. Because your senses in your physical body are limited. Your higher self is you with you. But it is you with a much higher consciousness than you in your physical body. It is possible to be cut off from that higher consciousness. Therefore even though your higher self is the same being, it can not be said it is the same awareness.
Old 13-01-2017, 03:40 AM
Master
the sentence which contains what i perceive as an implication is this one:
"If everyone has a different perception, it means that what your higher self
knows to be true and that what your corporeal self knows to be true, are
both different from each other. "
the structure of that sentence, as i see things, begins with the idea that
perceptions are different and then proceeds to declare that knowledge of
truth is therefore different. the implication is that knowledge of truth is
based upon perceptions.
i wonder what's the point you are trying to make with this thread.
my inclination is to inform people of their empowerment, and i don't
speak of limitations on our potential as if they are real and established fact.
i also advocate for the idea of there being no separation of being.

peace to you,
Old 13-01-2017, 09:49 AM
Master
I am going to say that of course non-duality doesn't exist.
If it did, it would be duality.
We can operate outside this by detached awareness of perceptual changes and differences.
Old 13-01-2017, 10:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by William 辰
If the perception of your higher self and your corporeal self is different, it means everything is not one. And if everything is not one, it means Duality. Therefore even though your higher self is the same being, it can not be said it is the same awareness.
This seems to be the crux of your observation. And according to some esoteric streams of philosophy, you are correct. The lower self (ego) has a kind of independent life of its own, separate from the higher self (I). That same esoteric literature speaks of how that ego activity creates lower astral disturbances (beings and entities), thus the need to transform that ego activity via higher self consciousness. So the lower self does have a kind of awareness and independant power of its own, yes. The thing to keep in mind though: this duality only exists from a human material-analytical perspective. We incarnate to experience this duality, it's critical to the soul-spirit learning process.
Old 13-01-2017, 01:00 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Of course, it is still perfectly possible to sense Non-Duality. But you can not do it on your own. Meaning; you have to be connected to your Higher Self / God / Source.
Your senses are limited, you need source for guidance. And as long as that is the case, you are still going through Duality 100% of the time.
The point is if one senses non-duality one has already gone astray in terms of being in the state that is merely called 'non-duality'. In that state there is neither duality nor non-duality but returning from that state to natural duality it may appear as if there has been non-duality but that is just the illusion of the natural dual state.
What are called 'duality' and 'non-duality' are just different modes of consciousness. None is more 'true' than the other.
Old 13-01-2017, 06:15 PM
Knower

If it is possible to operate outside of the 'state of Non-Duality' in the first place (and it always was possible, because there is no beginning. Not at source and not in the physical world. And I don't simply mean this planet or this universe, but all universes) Then of course Non-Duality does exist. Just as much as Duality.
It's like saying: "you can not know the truth." Oh really? How do you know that to be true? It is a self defeating statement. You can not operate outside of nothing.

Don't take my words the wrong way. It's just that I am 50% spiritualist and 50% scientist. I know when to listen to the scientist in me, just trying to explain my point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
the sentence which contains what i perceive as an implication is this one:
"If everyone has a different perception, it means that what your higher self
knows to be true and that what your corporeal self knows to be true, are
both different from each other. "
the structure of that sentence, as i see things, begins with the idea that
perceptions are different and then proceeds to declare that knowledge of
truth is therefore different. the implication is that knowledge of truth is
based upon perceptions.
i wonder what's the point you are trying to make with this thread.
my inclination is to inform people of their empowerment, and i don't
speak of limitations on our potential as if they are real and established fact.
i also advocate for the idea of there being no separation of being.

peace to you,

I have already tried to explain this in a number of different ways both now and in the past: It is not about perception itself. It is about the fact there is a difference in perception between your corporeal self (you) and your higher self (you). I would never say there are limitations to what you can do or be. Your higher self isn't limited by physical senses. So if you are connected to source, you can do anything.

My point is to have a discussion about Duality. And maybe even understand the nature of Duality and Non-Duality. Isn't that why we're here?
Old 13-01-2017, 06:41 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
If it is possible to operate outside of the 'state of Non-Duality' in the first place (and it always was possible, because there is no beginning. Not at source and not in the physical world. And I don't simply mean this planet or this universe, but all universes) Then of course Non-Duality does exist. Just as much as Duality.
It's like saying: "you can not know the truth." Oh really? How do you know that to be true? It is a self defeating statement. You can not operate outside of nothing.
Of course non-duality does exist ... but only in the natural state of duality. Duality is the condition for the existence of non-duality. The existence of non-duality depends only on conceptual imputation within the natural dual state. Beyond that natural dual state there is neither duality nor non-duality and this state of 'neither duality nor non-duality' can be slipped into and afterwards, after returing to the natural dual state, people tend to say that they have experienced non-duality which is an illusion since they have experienced nothing, not even themselves although they have not been unconscious.
Old 13-01-2017, 06:59 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
Of course non-duality does exist ... but only in the natural state of duality. Duality is the condition for the existence of non-duality. The existence of non-duality depends only on conceptual imputation within the natural dual state. Beyond that natural dual state there is neither duality nor non-duality and this state of 'neither duality nor non-duality' can be slipped into and afterwards, after returing to the natural dual state, people tend to say that they have experienced non-duality which is an illusion since they have experienced nothing, not even themselves although they have not been unconscious.

Something can not exist and not exist at the same time.
If you perceive something, then by definition it exists. You can not perceive something that does not exist.