Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-01-2016, 02:08 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
if traditional religions and practices actually helped people out of loneliness or to focus on how to better drive their lives the "new age movement" wouldn't be occurring. we'd all be happy to conform to whatever is the prevailing religion in our respective cultures. folks are looking for something new or to modify the old b/c that which has been traditionally offered has FAILED to satisfy.

yep. sure is a lot of "drivel out there". however, that which is drivel to you might be profound to someone else. spirituality is a personal individual journey, a subjective experience, imo, so who am i to judge the value of someone else's "drivel"? i mean, i considered the whole "indigo/crystal/star/rainbow/whatever children" concept to be "drivel" and it used to really annoy me but then i grew up and began minding my own soul bizness.

Traditional processes never paraded lifting people out of loneliness but did point to driving their own lives. The problem is many currents took a lot of work - study, so that acolytes could get a picture of the whole from the individual pieces put together - if you like, "the knowledge" so that when it was put into practice it became "experience" - and as you know as well as I, knowledge + experience = understanding. It took a lot of discipline...and you can look to the Hindu for examples. Or the Kabbalists.

You don't need to read deeply into the undertext of many posters here that they seek a way out of everyday problems in spirituality - fine, nothing wrong with that - but the act of asking here implies loneliness in some quarters... because whatever stuff their following hasn't helped them find a place in their milieu. My inferences may be wrong in some cases but not all.

Drivel? Well, there's a lot of snake oil out there - fraudulent in that the author doesn't or can't believe in what he's peddling. I'm not allowed to mention names in the forum but at least one was taken apart by an adept in the Guardian. Sometimes an author comes up with an idea that seems valid (and indeed may be) but their surrounding comments tell you that it's unlikely they've ever worked at it themselves. One author/didact who has come up with some very good stuff failed, to me, because they claimed that "you should be able to achieve it in a couple of weeks," (when for most people it'll take many months, years perhaps.) So people abandon the person and thing because it doesn't work...in that timescale.

As for religions - they were set up to control people - that is to prevent them driving their own lives.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Master
Quote:
if traditional religions and practices actually helped people out of loneliness or to focus on how to better drive their lives the "new age movement" wouldn't be occurring. we'd all be happy to conform to whatever is the prevailing religion in our respective cultures. folks are looking for something new or to modify the old b/c that which has been traditionally offered has FAILED to satisfy.

yep. sure is a lot of "drivel out there". however, that which is drivel to you might be profound to someone else. spirituality is a personal individual journey, a subjective experience, imo, so who am i to judge the value of someone else's "drivel"? i mean, i considered the whole "indigo/crystal/star/rainbow/whatever children" concept to be "drivel" and it used to really annoy me but then i grew up and began minding my own soul bizness.

Can you share with me what traditional practices you have done to help you with your thoughts and feelings? As well as what New Age practices you have found to work better?

Also where would one start to even look for new age lessons?
Old 02-01-2016, 02:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Can you share with me what traditional practices you have done to help you with your thoughts and feelings? As well as what New Age practices you have found to work better?

i followed a guru for awhile. i tried on assorted religious hats, none of which fit and structured meditation and assigned mantras didn't appeal to me.

i told you earlier that i'm not "new age". i am my self and my journey is uniquely my own. handy dandy labels do not apply.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Traditional processes never paraded lifting people out of loneliness but did point to driving their own lives. The problem is many currents took a lot of work - study, so that acolytes could get a picture of the whole from the individual pieces put together - if you like, "the knowledge" so that when it was put into practice it became "experience" - and as you know as well as I, knowledge + experience = understanding. It took a lot of discipline...and you can look to the Hindu for examples. Or the Kabbalists.

wait a minute. are you suggesting that traditional religions haven't been touting their respective way as the best and only way. and i find it odd that you believe that those forging their own path aren't disciplined in their own way. if you follow a specific path which has many "shoulds" and "shouldnt's", a step by step formula and prescribed expectations of specific experiences then you'd experience what you were led to expect to experience. you get the same knowledge everyone else gets when indulging in a particular practice. not everyone wants to be an acolyte and practice what others practice and experience the same stuff others experience as prescribed. not everyone is a conformist.

You don't need to read deeply into the undertext of many posters here that they seek a way out of everyday problems in spirituality - fine, nothing wrong with that - but the act of asking here implies loneliness in some quarters... because whatever stuff their following hasn't helped them find a place in their milieu. My inferences may be wrong in some cases but not all.

are you suggesting that those posting here and seeking like minded peers are different from those attending a church? that seeking a peer group (a congregation) is an implication of special loneliness and spiritual failure for "new agers" but not for those in traditional religions?

Drivel? Well, there's a lot of snake oil out there - fraudulent in that the author doesn't or can't believe in what he's peddling. I'm not allowed to mention names in the forum but at least one was taken apart by an adept in the Guardian. Sometimes an author comes up with an idea that seems valid (and indeed may be) but their surrounding comments tell you that it's unlikely they've ever worked at it themselves. One author/didact who has come up with some very good stuff failed, to me, because they claimed that "you should be able to achieve it in a couple of weeks," (when for most people it'll take many months, years perhaps.) So people abandon the person and thing because it doesn't work...in that timescale.

i wouldn't know. i don't follow the path of others. i don't read spiritual "how to" books or watch utube gurus. however, i did and continue to go thru the "light bulb filament experience", which i find fascinating.

(On being asked how he, Thomas Edison, felt about repeatedly failing to design a working light bulb)

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"

As for religions - they were set up to control people - that is to prevent them driving their own lives.

you mentioned Hinduism as an example of a spiritual path to be considered by undisciplined "new agers". the various sects of Hinduism are generally male dominated and are some of the most oppressive spiritual concepts on the planet, especially for women, not to mention the horrific caste system, so i'm not really catching your drift anymore.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
i followed a guru for awhile. i tried on assorted religious hats, none of which fit and structured meditation and assigned mantras didn't appeal to me.

i told you earlier that i'm not "new age". i am my self and my journey is uniquely my own. handy dandy labels do not apply.

I am not asking for labels. You said traditional practices didn't work for people and I just asked for examples is all.

I don't like mantra meditation nor do I care for the right/wrong thought stuff. The thing is that some people do. Many paths to fit each personality. I would go crazy on a silent retreat for instance. It is just not my thing but I respect the power in those practices and how they can help people.

It is funny. I don't follow any tradition myself. I do have a lot of respect for Dzogchen and Kashmir Shiavism. A lot of deep wisdom in those two traditions.

All the best
Old 02-01-2016, 04:08 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Quote:
jonesboy--I am not misrepresenting you at all.

You have and Ive made that clear in two more replies to you.
Quote:
You want someone to tell you 1+1=2 and make it nice and neat for you.

I stated nothing about adding 1+1. Nor did I state anything regarding "nice and neat" so more misrepresentation of my comments by you.

When you want to addess my coments as stated regarding more specifics of your generalized use of word energy. You and others making simple requests of you, more complicated.

Quote:
I keep telling you nothing I say will convince you. Instead I want to help you experience it.

You've not even made an attempt to be more specific regarding your generalized use of the word energy that you seem to allude to as you or others are aware of through some practices and others are not aware of .
Quote:
I do notice you keep ignoring the offer.

I would say that is much more the case with you in regards to many of my statements.

Quote:
I could tell you like running that it is blissful, ecstatic. That it is our true nature universal consciousness. That when we realize this we can work with others with just a thought.

Alll humans experience blisfful and ecstatic--- 'energy' ---so your or those who only follow some practice who experience blissful and ecstatic

So it now appears when you use the generalized term "energy" you mean feelings ergo feelings of bliss, joy, happy, ecstatic etc......all stuff all humans experience.

Quote:
Would you believe me?

Ditto my above you now being more specific with your above statements, tho your dont clearly state to- r6,--- here is what I mean by energy, blissful and ecstatic ergo , I mean feelings are energy' ---.

Quote:
If I shared a little of my story would you believe it? http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic.a...bie,progre ss

I dont need a story at this time because above you've actually and finally let your version of "energy" cat out of the bag as feelings of this or that.

I.e. what you embed in you above comments is that your generalizaion of the word 'energy" means feelings, however, you just dont clearly want to admit that from out front.
Quote:
It explains a lot of things in a nice easy to understand manner.

You indirectly explained above, just not admiting it from out front.
Quote:
Again, you can read , watch a movie or take a step into the great unknown and start practicing and find out for yourself.

What unknown are you talking about? Here you go again. There exists many places on Earth unknown to me.

Quote:
I am offering you something that can be life changing and I really hope you take it. For instance, Are you happy?

All humans and other animals experience happiness and sadness. As Ive stated in this thread or others, like happiness, sadness etc feelings, enlightment comes and goes with all humans.

I.e. some human does not gain enlightment then their enligtened from then on the rest of their lives.
Quote:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic.a...rchTerms=happy

No this stuff is not psychosomatic. It is real and I am trying to help.

All the best to you.

If you really want to assist me, you would have replied to my requests of you early on, clearly and directly, not indirectly as you do above with the true answer to your generalized use of word "energy" being feelings.

Nothing more nothing less. Minds eye and most else is mostly irrelevant to your simple meaning of "energy" is feelings.

Jonesboy generalized use of word "energy" = feelings, as mentioned in previous disscussions with r6 in this thread.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 02-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Deactivated Account
So what is new age i wonder? Today i kinda have an idea from being around some things at spiritual gatherings.

What i ran into in my journey was Christian/witches i guess. But they understood everything to do with energy it seemed. Sensed energys power from thungs such as trees, mountains, whatever. They perhaps had there own lineage going back i eojt know but a ways. Maybe a very long ways. Familys have a tendency to teach what they know to there children. And thr passing down genetically of spiritual gifts. From generation to generation. So you got all this. And then jesus died for your sins. Always thought it strange.

So like i did in small business i took what i saw and felt work and put it into my tool box. Jesus dieing for me and all the dogma and there was a ton of it. I flushed down the toilet.

Then i heard about India and read what i could find. This actually kind of over lapped a bit. I read about yogananda and was lucky that a friend of my mom's had a three week visit paid for at an aahram in India. Nothing to do with yogananda. He couldnt use it cause he got busy with work. So i bought a ticket and took off to India.

What i learned from India was about how god can be anything we want it to be. That everyone was there own god. And make that god as you wish. There was powerful energy there. People would sleep and sleep. The joke was so and so slept through the whole thing and got it.lol. Anyways i felt it in my legs. They hurt like hell. I slept more than normal. It was pretty cool.

Everything i mentioned worked and was helpful so i put it into my tool box. They had a lot of politics going on apparantly i intuitively realized. And fear being thrown around qbout the end of the world. I took that garbage to thr dump. Where it belongs imo. Lol

Since then i find things here and there that work. But the bottom line is its all about the energy. The mind is only some way of interprettation imo. So i keep my sensee on the energy as my focus poimt.

New age or old age? I dont know? Lol. Ha ha

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 02-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
You have and Ive made that clear in two more replies to you.

I stated nothing about adding 1+1. Nor did I state anything regarding "nice and neat" so more misrepresentation of my comments by you.

When you want to addess my coments as stated regarding more specifics of your generalized use of word energy. You and others making simple requests of you, more complicated.

You've not even made an attempt to be more specific regarding your generalized use of the word energy that you seem to allude to as you or others are aware of through some practices and others are not aware of .

I would say that is much more the case with you in regards to many of my statements.

Alll humans experience blisfful and ecstatic--- 'energy' ---so your or those who only follow some practice who experience blissful and ecstatic

So it now appears when you use the generalized term "energy" you mean feelings ergo feelings of bliss, joy, happy, ecstatic etc......all stuff all humans experience.

Ditto my above you now being more specific with your above statements, tho your dont clearly state to- r6,--- here is what I mean by energy, blissful and ecstatic ergo , I mean feelings are energy' ---.

I dont need a story at this time because above you've actually and finally let your version of "energy" cat out of the bag as feelings of this or that.

I.e. what you embed in you above comments is that your generalizaion of the word 'energy" means feelings, however, you just dont clearly want to admit that from out front.

You indirectly explained above, just not admiting it from out front.

What unknown are you talking about? Here you go again. There exists many places on Earth unknown to me.

All humans and other animals experience happiness and sadness. As Ive stated in this thread or others, like happiness, sadness etc feelings, enlightment comes and goes with all humans.

I.e. some human does not gain enlightment then their enligtened from then on the rest of their lives.

If you really want to assist me, you would have replied to my requests of you early on, clearly and directly, not indirectly as you do above with the true answer to your generalized use of word "energy" being feelings.

Nothing more nothing less. Minds eye and most else is mostly irrelevant to your simple meaning of "energy" is feelings.

Jonesboy generalized use of word "energy" = feelings, as mentioned in previous disscussions with r6 in this thread.

r6

My link to my progress gave many examples of energy which is beyond emotions.

The link about prana gives a very nice overview of what prana/energy is.

I see you didn't read anything beyond the title, did you watch the movie?

Here is the problem R6.

You don't understand because all you want to do is think and not do. Your comments about the 3rd eye, energy as an emotion shows that no matter what I say you won't believe.

An open heart chakra radiates joy/love and happiness. It is the entire point of Buddhist love and compassion. To help people open their heart. Do you not here the stories of people overwhelmed with love pouring out of them?

All things are energy and we are those things. When one is about to get beyond ones thoughts one is able to experience this. If one has a silent mind one can focus on any part of their body and feel the ecstatic nature of themselves. As one advancwa this becomes a natural state of being. It like anything else is a phase and one that can be very difficult for many to get past.

You write like you are a scientist. You like proven knowledge. The things I talk about are the oldest practices known to man. As a man who likes proof I figured you might be willing to actually try things beyond just telling everyone they are crazy.

Do you even meditate? Do you even believe that we are not our thoughts, that you can observe them and let them go without pain or attachment?

I mean there are right now an estimated 100 million people who practice Mahayana Buddhism which is a tantric/energy based system. Are you saying that all of those people are just stupid? That they are being sold a bill of goods and will never experience anything like that?

If so how could something like that last for thousands of years?
Old 02-01-2016, 04:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
So what is new age i wonder? Today i kinda have an idea from being around some things at spiritual gatherings.

What i ran into in my journey was Christian/witches i guess. But they understood everything to do with energy it seemed. Sensed energys power from thungs such as trees, mountains, whatever. They perhaps had there own lineage going back i eojt know but a ways. Maybe a very long ways. Familys have a tendency to teach what they know to there children. And thr passing down genetically of spiritual gifts. From generation to generation. So you got all this. And then jesus died for your sins. Always thought it strange.

So like i did in small business i took what i saw and felt work and put it into my tool box. Jesus dieing for me and all the dogma and there was a ton of it. I flushed down the toilet.

Then i heard about India and read what i could find. This actually kind of over lapped a bit. I read about yogananda and was lucky that a friend of my mom's had a three week visit paid for at an aahram in India. Nothing to do with yogananda. He couldnt use it cause he got busy with work. So i bought a ticket and took off to India.

What i learned from India was about how god can be anything we want it to be. That everyone was there own god. And make that god as you wish. There was powerful energy there. People would sleep and sleep. The joke was so and so slept through the whole thing and got it.lol. Anyways i felt it in my legs. They hurt like hell. I slept more than normal. It was pretty cool.

Everything i mentioned worked and was helpful so i put it into my tool box. They had a lot of politics going on apparantly i intuitively realized. And fear being thrown around qbout the end of the world. I took that garbage to thr dump. Where it belongs imo. Lol

Since then i find things here and there that work. But the bottom line is its all about the energy. The mind is only some way of interprettation imo. So i keep my sensee on the energy as my focus poimt.

New age or old age? I dont know? Lol. Ha ha

Knowing you running you were able to find the truth beyond where everyone else gets caught up in local mind stuff.

Beautiful story and thank you.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:17 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Knowing you running you were able to find the truth beyond where everyone else gets caught up in local mind stuff.

Beautiful story and thank you.

Thanks and why my experience was sorta rebelious. Which is wearing off as things have settled down. Plus for me there seemed imo a greedyness about the things i saw. Which taught me a great lesson as an observer of it. I only want a simple life without the need of control, power, and big money. I want my experience to be about the simple and enerfy. I only wish for simple and everybody to be in the joy of shakti.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4