Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-01-2016, 05:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
"At the core of Orthodoxy ...." That's 'Orthodoxy' as in orthodox religion.

I am still not sure of your point.

We are not talking about the church we are talking about knowledge and practices focused on nonduality like Buddhism.

or·tho·dox
ˈôrTHəˌdäks/
adjective
(of a person or their views, especially religious or political ones, or other beliefs or practices) conforming to what is generally or traditionally accepted as right or true; established and approved.
"the orthodox economics of today"
synonyms: conservative, traditional, observant, devout, strict
"an orthodox Hindu"
(of a thing) of the ordinary or usual type; normal.
"they avoided orthodox jazz venues

So are you saying that believing in any established teaching is about control and power and therefore has to be wrong?

I would like to add that if one is anti authority you should look into Daoism. Daoism is all about antigovernment, anti-authority yet providing knowledge to help guide one along.

http://www.ancient.eu/Lao-Tzu/

This was written around 400bc .

From the Tao Te Ching

CHAPTER 75
Why do people starve to death?

Because governments use up all the money in taxes and military operations.
Why then do people become rebellious?
Because governments interfere and have too much control over people's lives.
Therefore people feel frustrated and cheated.
Why do people lose care in their hearts?
Because their lives are preyed upon by the rich and the lawmakers. So people become wild and lose any care about what they do.
Go back to a simple life, have nothing, but be free.
Be at one with nature, with all her beauty and ugliness,and troubles will be simplified and their solutions more easily found.
But people find it hard to let go of what they have. By letting go, you can free yourself from bondage.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:18 PM
Deactivated Account
[quote=

This was written around 400bc .

From the Tao Te Ching

CHAPTER 75
Why do people starve to death?

Because governments use up all the money in taxes and military operations.
Why then do people become rebellious?
Because governments interfere and have too much control over people's lives.
Therefore people feel frustrated and cheated.
Why do people lose care in their hearts?
Because their lives are preyed upon by the rich and the lawmakers. So people become wild and lose any care about what they do.
Go back to a simple life, have nothing, but be free.
Be at one with nature, with all her beauty and ugliness,and troubles will be simplified and their solutions more easily found.
But people find it hard to let go of what they have. By letting go, you can free yourself from bondage.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh. Doesnt appear much has changed over the years. Lol

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 02-01-2016, 03:05 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Quote:
Hi R6,I am not playing word games with you. You think energy is nothing more that what can be measured with instruments or just made up in the mind. You have said so many times.

Nor did I accuse of word games. I think your misreresenting my comments again.

No, Ive stated what energy is with some specifics and asked you to offer less generalizations and be more specific to the energy your referencing.
Quote:
The rest of my comments were directed to the post following yours. I was on my phone and doing a lot of copying and pasting would not have been fun. Forgive me for not making that more clear.

No forgiveness is needed that I'm aware of. Just having disscussion with some queries and requests of you that you have yet to address in any significant or consequential way. imho

Quote:
With regard to me explaining or giving more concrete examples of energy. Would it do any good? Would you believe me? My point to you has always been.

I guess will never know as you have nothing sinificant to offer in those regards imho. A colt, a child or any young animal has more energy and than just mean that there more active more energetic.

Your or others generlization of energy is much more nebulous ergo lacks credibility. imho

Stop thinking and start experiencing.

Quote:
If you want to see if what people are talking about is real you have to DO not think.

Thinking is what humans and other animals to various degrees. Typing into this forum requires thinking. At this point( place in/and time ) your just playing mind games because you have nothing to offer that is credible in regards to some nebulouse energy you may think exists.

imho, r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 02-01-2016, 04:04 AM
Master
I am not misrepresenting you at all.

You want someone to tell you 1+1=2 and make it nice and neat for you.

I keep telling you nothing I say will convince you. Instead I want to help you experience it.

I do notice you keep ignoring the offer.

I could tell you like running that it is blissful, ecstatic. That it is our true nature universal consciousness. That when we realize this we can work with others with just a thought.

Would you believe me?

If I shared a little of my story would you believe it? http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic.a...bie,progre ss

Here is a nice explanation http://hermetic.com/vivekananda/raja-yoga/prana.html

If you don't like to read a good movie is http://www.innerworldsmovie.com

It explains a lot of things in a nice easy to understand manner.

Again, you can read , watch a movie or take a step into the great unknown and start practicing and find out for yourself.

I am offering you something that can be life changing and I really hope you take it.

For instance, Are you happy?

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic.a...rchTerms=happy

No this stuff is not psychosomatic. It is real and I am trying to help.

All the best to you.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:58 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder
The problem with some of this new age stuff is that people spend a lot of energy reinventing the wheel. If you are going to spend a long time coming to the same conclusions that previous people came to, you could presumably study tradition and save yourself a lot of time.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance & Rite
The problem with some of this new age stuff is that people spend a lot of energy reinventing the wheel. If you are going to spend a long time coming to the same conclusions that previous people came to, you could presumably study tradition and save yourself a lot of time.

I think it requires insight into what's really happening, and I would question what nature of mind frame requires a new age or traditional following. What nature of craving or reliance or what sense of being lost in life - what it is all about. Then it comes to what's actually going on at the moment and we come into a proper inquiry and/or conversation about the actualities as they happen to be right now.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:11 AM
Master
Quote:

the current old traditions were once "new age", new ways, newly reinvented "wheels". and who said those exploring their individual spirituality by forging their own path are looking to come to the same conclusions that previous people came to? conclusions?

if the old traditions were true and real enough for all and sundry the "new age movement" wouldn't even be happening right Now. we'd all be content to conform to and follow some safe and well worn path made by the walk of all those previous people.

Quote:
I am offering you something that can be life changing and I really hope you take it.

"Oz never did give nothin to the Tin Man that he didn't didn't already have."

Last edited by Internal Queries : 02-01-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:59 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
The other point is it seems to dumb down practices that otherwise would lead people to spiritual lives. Some sections of this forum display that. Jargon and ideas are borrowed from traditional currents and presented as if the whole pitch is easy. Some have spawned an industry in their own right.

Much is about making people feel better. It's good on one hand but, like social media, might just exacerbate the problems that lead to their current situations, rarely help people out of loneliness or to focus on how to drive their own lives effectively; more acute than 20 years ago when people congregated more. Facilities to meet and do have faded out as commerce took over the world. We have no youth clubs or centres in the quite sizeable town in which I live. Sometimes a read of Dale Carnegie's famous book would do a lot more than some of the didactic drivel "out there".
Old 02-01-2016, 12:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
The other point is it seems to dumb down practices that otherwise would lead people to spiritual lives. Some sections of this forum display that. Jargon and ideas are borrowed from traditional currents and presented as if the whole pitch is easy. Some have spawned an industry in their own right.

as if commercialized jargonized easy peasy religious memes is some kind of new phenom exclusive to "new age". "Jesus saves".

Much is about making people feel better. It's good on one hand but, like social media, might just exacerbate the problems that lead to their current situations, rarely help people out of loneliness or to focus on how to drive their own lives effectively; more acute than 20 years ago when people congregated more. Facilities to meet and do have faded out as commerce took over the world. We have no youth clubs or centres in the quite sizeable town in which I live. Sometimes a read of Dale Carnegie's famous book would do a lot more than some of the didactic drivel "out there".

if traditional religions and practices actually helped people out of loneliness or to focus on how to better drive their lives the "new age movement" wouldn't be occurring. we'd all be happy to conform to whatever is the prevailing religion in our respective cultures. folks are looking for something new or to modify the old b/c that which has been traditionally offered has FAILED to satisfy.

yep. sure is a lot of "drivel out there". however, that which is drivel to you might be profound to someone else. spirituality is a personal individual journey, a subjective experience, imo, so who am i to judge the value of someone else's "drivel"? i mean, i considered the whole "indigo/crystal/star/rainbow/whatever children" concept to be "drivel" and it used to really annoy me but then i grew up and began minding my own soul bizness.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:35 PM
Master
Hm--posting again as something occurred to me.

It's true that like any movement, there are those that attempt to cater to the masses with a peaceful, beautiful pitch of what spirituality is. That can be annoying to someone who's been following their own path, knowing it has not been all roses. Thing is, the whole goal of many spiritual paths is not just finding inner peace and happiness, but by educating and bringing awareness to others. Sometimes "dumbing down" stuff is necessary to reach the more resistant and fearful or skeptical people.

Also, as everyone's spiritual path is different, information WILL vary. All of us incarnating have our own set of abilities, goals, and methods-- and given all the souls of extraterrestrials here on Earth among us human souls, those abilities can be quite varied. I don't know how many times I've had to correct someone when I'm told that I have certain abilities (clairaudience, clairvoyance) when it's made clear that I do not.

But while I get annoyed, I don't mind it. Sometimes sifting through all the information, sifting through your own life and what it means, finding out your role in the great connection of all is, and what your personal Truth is, is worth it all.