Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-09-2016, 11:15 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
I worry a bit because we don't fully understand the brain. Full understanding might just explain all this paranormal stuff and dash all our hopes.
If we ever achieved the ability to prove that our minds were capable of such feats, wouldn't such a spectacular ability of the mind make us gods? Quantum science has shown that perception alters reality, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Very heated debate in the pub last night; general consensus was its all wishful thinking to negate the fear of death. Thing is I felt like jumping off a bridge myself by chucking out time. One person kind of summed it up and said why would the universe give you another chance. He actually got pretty irate and banged his fist down saying that its just like going to sleep and not waking up again. The usual arguments came up about ants, dogs, cats etc and they are the sort of thing that troubles me as well. If there is an afterlife, then its actually a natural process isn't it; we should have harder evidence.
What is hard evidence? How do we know that photographs, videos, sound clips, and the experience of a scientist we have never met is real?

There is so much to be skeptical about, and I am highly skeptical myself. There are many things that say that spiritual things do not exist, yet there are many other things that say that they do. You just have to keep searching... and I guess we find out in the end. The universe gets the last laugh.