Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 04-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkzimmer
Do we generally live in 2 or 3 of our chakras? Is that an okay realization or am I to find a way to balance through all 7 chakras? And if living peacefully in only 2 or 3 chakras am missing elements of true existence?

I'm reminded of the legendary Lotus-eaters from Djerba in Greek mythology. It isn't difficult to overdo chakra meditation and this can cause negative reactions like apathy, depression, or worse.

A recurring lesson in life seems to be, all good things in moderation. And yet how many times must we wear the dunces hat in order to learn these things! Such is life the essence of experience.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:22 PM
Pathfinder

Are heart chakra visualisations enough? No need to do visualisations on all the chakras?
Old 08-01-2017, 07:42 PM
Administrator
Hello

I have found as a Reiki Master that we have one or two that are more in line with our path at times than all of them at once.

It does not take that long to go down them all and "ask" on them. What I mean by this is a very short focused meditation where you tap into the gut feelings response.

Example

Breathing in I focus on the Crown Chakra breathing out I ask if it is in need of something from me. In leaning to "feel" if the gut tightens on reply then I know if I have to maybe work there a bit.

I do this for each one takes maybe 5 minutes at the most.

For me I open most to the Sacral Chakra and the Heart Chakra as I am very open to two worlds I will loop in the infinity sign the two and then project out from the Heart Chakra the energy that is the life force of me. That sexual and reproduction centre. This is not sex in the way of the physical body to body but that flow of energy that comes in the waves of the act. Its a very gentle and healing energy flow when released from the compassion of the Heart Chakra.

Lynn
Old 08-01-2017, 10:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
There is no difference. The awareness is what differs. It's the difference between me staring at an object without blinking for ages and being totally unresponsive to my surroundings....or not.

So staring at an object without blinking while being aware of everything else is divine? Starting at an object and becoming too focused on the object and nothing else is not divine but regular consciousness?
Old 09-01-2017, 01:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
So staring at an object without blinking while being aware of everything else is divine? Starting at an object and becoming too focused on the object and nothing else is not divine but regular consciousness?
Nope, staring at an object without blinking and not being aware of everything else is divine. It transcends regular consciousness.

Here's an exercise.

Close your eyes and try and 'see' or 'look' through your closed eyelids in a dark room.

At first you will see all these balls of light and colour and they will move from the centre of your vision to the periphery...follow their movement with your eyes.

After a while, these colours and shiny stigmatisms will fade and you'll be left with nothing...just darkness.

Now, through your closed eyes, just gaze into that darkness - the thing behind your closed eyelids.

The mind will wander to this thought or that thought and you may entertain it for a minute or so, but keep bringing your conscious awareness back to gazing at nothing. Let your thoughts go fully into 'what nothing 'looks' like'.

In the end, all your thoughts will stop. I can stay fully in this state for about 10-15 minutes now.

You'll notice that your breath will totally stop, but don't worry about that...this is not a 'focus on breath' exercise, it is a 'focus on ajna chakra' exercise.

After you have accomplished this and can stay in that state for extended periods of time, open your eyes up and everything is shining, like the essence of it is bursting out and the room becomes irradiated with a spiritual glow.

It's amazing to feel this.

When I have intense pain now, the first thing I do is a closed-eye 'focus on nothing' meditation and the pain goes in 5 minutes.

I realised if I kept my focus on the source of the pain it would only intensify it and pain is my 'ADHD body' going "look at ME"..."Yoo hoo..here I am..." because the medical profession cannot find anything wrong with me and tell me it's 'all in my head' and this proves it.

Problem being is that when my time comes, I'm going to have no warning of it beforehand, so 'early intervention' is out of the question.

This is why I need to keep myself healthy and in good shape now, because I will not go to a doctor anymore...after 30 years of telling me it's 'all in my head' I have been totally indoctrinated and brainwashed by the medical profession itself to fully believe that.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:23 AM
Master
Double post, sorry.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:16 PM
Master
Sometimes when a doctor says its all in your head they are not saying that the thing doesn't exist at all but they are saying only you can solve the problem.

Example. I break my arm and it takes a long time to heal because I keep using it, say 6 months to heal. For that 6 months I'm remembering a pain in my arm. Now 12 months after this injury I might still feel pain in my arm, but my arm is totally healed, so how can I still feel pain. There is no physical source of the pain, the pain is being felt as real through the memory of the pain which became a strong memory when I thought it every day for an entire year.

In that case a doctor can't do anything for you except tell you it's all in your head. They are not saying "nothing can be done", but rather saying only you can solve this by recognizing what's real and not.

Another example is the same example, but this time there actually is long-term damage in the arm, in this case the pain still felt for a year would not be all in the head. The "all in the head" would be the proportion of the pain, chronic pain sucks but some people adapt to it, some people feel miserable and as if the pain is getting worse and worse (it's not, we are getting lazier and more used to comfort, so naturally the pain feels worse but it's us getting more used to comfort the pain never grows in size only in relativity).

In the second example I could lessen my own pain by reducing my attachment to comfort and pleasure. If I don't feel I need to be in a state of constant bliss then my regular bumps and bruises of everyday life (the chronic pain in my knee and foot) won't seem so bad. If I decree the only way to live is in a state of bliss then it would appear my pains get bigger and bigger every day as I begin to experience bliss more frequently.

I could also lessen my pain by recognizing what is an acceptable amount of pain to be in my body. If I've had ten knee injuries throughout my life then I shouldn't be expecting my knee to be in perfect condition at 60, the pain won't be enjoyable but if it's supposted to be there then I'm not bothered by it as much. However if I feel my body should be pain free and in bliss then any feeling of pain will be very painful because I'm expecting my body to be pain free.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:09 PM
Master
Also, 'all in your head' could indicate that the pain is of neurological origin and not locational origin.

Using the arm as an example. Two days ago, my left arm went totally dead for about 8 hours. I couldn't move my hand or fingers....I had no response whatsoever...it just would not move.

I used to really freak out when this first happened...thinking I'd had a stroke or whatnot.

The problem isn't in my arm, but in the nerves of my head and neck....they tend to pinch or swell, causing total immobility.

The only thing I can do is 'wait and see'. If I get movement back (which happens eventually) well and good, if I don't well, that's life, isn't it? and there's nothing the doctors can do about it...it's like a mild form of ALS or Motor Neurone Disease, even though it isn't that specifically, but works on the same principles and it is called "Functional Neurological Weakness - Unspecified" which basically means "us doctors don't know what the hell is happening, so we'll just give it a fancy name".

I even went to the hospital 3 months ago, unable to walk. They gave me a total body MRI, did nerve conduction studies, checked all my reflexes, took blood to test my steroid and other hormone levels and everything was totally perfect, but I still couldn't walk. All they could do was offer me physiotherapy and anti-psychotic drugs.

Now I know that such pain is 'spiritual' in nature because it has no medical cause, really. It is a spiritual pain that is being brought to bear through my body.

This is why 'witch doctors', 'shamans' and 'spiritual healers' exist for...to catch people who fall through the holes of the medical system...and also to help people who just don't like doctors for one reason or the other.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:25 PM
Master
I think I know what your sickness is.

Your spirit wants to let go and give up this life so badly that it's affecting your body.
Another way of saying is the desire to live life is like an immune system. A strong desire to live keeps the sufferings at bay, someone who doesn't desire to live is not protected. Practically everything that wants to hurt the body gets through the barrier when we don't care about living.
The body naturally wants to survive but it can only take so much. Faced with your constant disapproval and desire for something greater than what it can provide it feels neglected. A young body can take a few years of disapproval but faced with decades of pain it becomes not a good servant.

The body mal-functioning with psuedoneurologic disorders is only one phase of the journey. Give it a few more years or decades and you'll get cancer which is where the body attacks itself on a cellular level.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/1998/0515/p2485.html

this might be helpful, maybe not.

---

I know you speak of bliss and enjoying things like that. But I don't get the feeling that you deeply enjoy this life. It seems to me that the bliss comes from totally evading this life.

It's not like you believe bliss comes from this life, you believe this life is an impediment to bliss and must be overcome. Does it really suprise you that your servant in this life, your body, would come to betray you? You who hates it almost with a passion?
Old 09-01-2017, 04:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
I think I know what your sickness is.

Your spirit wants to let go and give up this life so badly that it's affecting your body.

The body naturally wants to survive but it can only take so much. Faced with your constant disapproval and desire for something greater than what it can provide it feels neglected. A young body can take a few years of disapproval but faced with decades of pain it becomes not a good servant.

The body mal-functioning with psuedoneurologic disorders is only one phase of the journey. Give it a few more years or decades and you'll get cancer which is where the body attacks itself on a cellular level.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/1998/0515/p2485.html

this might be helpful, maybe not.

---

I know you speak of bliss and enjoying things like that. But I don't get the feeling that you deeply enjoy this life. It seems to me that the bliss comes from totally evading this life.

It's not like you believe bliss comes from this life, you believe this life is an impediment to bliss and must be overcome. Does it really suprise you that your servant in this life, your body, would come to betray you? You who hates it almost with a passion?
You are pretty much spot on with this, yet I still cling to life after each mini-death I experience.

I wish I could let go and just die, but something pulls me back every time - my attachment to life, I guess.

I have often thought that if I hate the world so much, I may as well just give in to death when I feel my whole body losing it and all my senses start withdrawing, but I pray to Shiva to keep me alive...just for a while longer...

You are right though, I don't have much time left on this earth and I have known this for about 6 months now.

Yes, I also realise that cancer is the next thing that's going to happen - if it hasn't already, but there's no way I am going to get this pain in my neck and difficulty swallowing seen to by a doctor...I blame smoking for it, which I have recently given up.

I figure that even IF it is cancer, I can stop smoking, eat raw foods, drink more water, give up dairy, sugar, fats, coffee, gluten and processed foods, take sulphur supplements, have acupuncture, do yoga, have reiki and healing, do visualisations...because there's no way I will ever do that radiation and chemo thing - no way!

So, I have decided to do the above anyway, so if it is/isn't cancer, at least I am doing the best thing and if I cannot heal/cure it that way, I shall surrender to death finally.