Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverigler
Personally I don't like the idea of reincarnation... is it a choice?

If it is, I've already made mine!

Jim
Old 18-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Administrator
Hello

I would like to think we do have some say but I do wonder on that . I always thought OK I have a say til I came into this life. I was PUT into this life fighting it all the way. I so did not want to be female again I know from past lives that meant wife and mother role and that meant "me" got lost.

What I have leaned in this life is "me" did not have to get lost in the mix of wife and mom....its called finding that balance and time management.

The next time round for me I am told by so many readers I am done ( at least for a bit with a human life ) I am to move to Guide. I have sent the intention that there is another life as a human as I have picked that person to be with but in role reversal he is the woman and me the man....YES for those that understand making what one wants very CLEAR I have put the NO brother and sister out there lol.

Do we have a say maybe its up to that path of the Soul we are given....what and whom needs to come in at that time to that woman or couple that will raise one.

Lynn
Old 19-02-2012, 01:58 AM
Celeste

Left Behind, before I give my opinion, the funny thing is, what does it matter to any of us if reincarnation exists or heaven? After you die, you won't know anyway, lol!

Now, I think all the christian (western) religions make it simple: we're born, we die and then we go to heaven or hell. (Even the Catholic Church says this, although the Pope has the biggest astrological library in the world.) Now, simplicity is nice but to a point. Because what if you die and go to hell? Is it that simple that you die and go to hell forever? Maybe that's true for the harshest of criminals (unless they do good before dying and then they're not harsh criminals anymore). That's why I believe in reincarnation. (It's the only thing that makes the most sense.) Life isn't just black or white. I feel the world is a lesson place. Heaven is too perfect for school and learning. So to progress it would make sense you would have to be back to school (earth) or someplace similar to earth. And, if it is a fair universe like, you die and go to heaven or hell depending if you're good or bad, then why is one person born crippled and someone else is not? How can that be explained? It's a lot easier to be good, if the sun is always shining your way. But I do think that maybe if you think this is it, maybe it is for you and you are finished reincarnating. (Or who am I or anyone to dispute, one life was all it took for you, tehe?) Now to me, life has so many variables to it, is so complicated, I can't imagine it is that simple, although, I wouldn't mind if an expert told me this was my last time around here, that I finally figure it out and go to the wonderful vacation place, heaven, and I can vacation there forever.

And it's so hard to decide what is good or bad, because there are so many different christian sects (Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism I would suspect too) preaching their message. This one says, as long as you do good, you will go to heaven (or if you believe in reincarnation, you will be progressing upward--if heaven is up and hell is down, lol--as no one even knows this for sure, do they?). Another sect says, no, you can't just be good, you have to believe certain things, too, and then you can go to heaven. Too, wouldn't it be a shame if you went to hell, good person that you are, because you didn't do all the stuff required by this or that religion you call yours.

Even if you believe in reincarnation or not, I think the bottom line is, all you really know for sure is Now. And I think if you have love in your heart, be good to others and do what feels right in the deepest part of your soul, how could you not help but move forward, or go to heaven, or next plain up, to the afterlife, or next life, or however else you might want to word it (my opinion). And you don't have to believe in this religion or that, or even be spiritual. Or worry if you're in the right religion, coming back to earth to take care of whatever, in your next life, or gonna be hanging from the tip of a star. You'll just know "you're home free."
Old 19-02-2012, 04:23 AM
Rin

Reincarnation is not a factual thing. It is a device to enable us to live this life in a more fulfilling, considerate, compassionate, better and happier way by perceiving our life in a greater context.

As a device it may work for some and not for others. Use it accordingly. Do not be afraid to discard it if it does not help you. Do not be afraid to pick it up if it you feel it might help.
Old 28-02-2012, 01:39 PM
MorningMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero87
I'm not a big believer in reincarnation but after feeling so low tonight (alot of negative energy just kinda overwhelmed me suddenly) the idea came to my mind. If we do reincarnate after death, can we choose when we do so? I mean personally I'd like to have a bit of a vacation before I have to head back to Earth if that's the path the universe wants for me.

I have absolutely no idea, Aero87, and that's something we probably won't know the answer to until it's our time to go...but I'd really like to think so :)
Old 28-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Experiencer

Celeste, the only way we WON'T know is if the atheists are correct, and there IS nothing after death.

That's the irony of being an atheist: they'll never know for sure, if they're right!

I don't see it as a scenario of dying, and then either spending eternal bliss in heaven or undergoing eternal torment in hell. I think that we die, go into a different dimension, which is either worse or better than earthly life, depending on how we've lived our earthly life: and that we then make further, eternal progress from there.

Jim
Old 29-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Celeste

My girlfriend's daughter, age 21, said the other day, she thinks when you die, you are absorbed into nature, to nourish the earth, never to return again. Hmmmm, "out of the mouthes of babes" ?????????????

Then my girlfriend said, when you die, you go to the afterlife, but wasn't sure what afterlife was.

Even an athiest has a point. An athiest, I think, believes in Self, and NOW. They're not worried what comes after now.

I just hope I go in the right direction. And, I am going in the right direction, as I will make it so! Do good, work hard, be kind.
Old 29-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Sangress

Quote:
I'm not a big believer in reincarnation but after feeling so low tonight (alot of negative energy just kinda overwhelmed me suddenly) the idea came to my mind. If we do reincarnate after death, can we choose when we do so? I mean personally I'd like to have a bit of a vacation before I have to head back to Earth if that's the path the universe wants for me.

As far as I know the answer is yes unless either something goes wrong (accidents do happen,) or you have an altered concept of time itself or someone else sends you on an unexpected buisness trip.

I keep thinking theres another reason why some beings cant pick when they incarnate...what is it....ohh, thats right. If something happens in the place they are incarnating to that would not allow them to incarnate at that particular time (dont ask for an example with that one because I cant remember the situation.)
Old 01-03-2012, 03:20 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
My girlfriend's daughter, age 21, said the other day, she thinks when you die, you are absorbed into nature, to nourish the earth, never to return again. Hmmmm, "out of the mouthes of babes" ?????????????

Essentially an atheistic outlook.

When I was a boy, I told my mother that when I died, I wanted to be buried in the ground, naked, and have a tree planted over me. That way when I decomposed, my body would feed the tree, and that would be a kind of immortality for me.

My mother thought carefully about what I'd just said - a rare thing for her to do regarding anything I ever said! - and then told me, very seriously: "Please don't ever tell anyone else this story!"

Jim
Old 01-03-2012, 05:37 AM
Celeste

That's cute. Listen to the children, before the adults get their manipulative hands on.

A little off the subject, when my daughter was about 2, she drew a picture with a planter on top of a woman's head, with the woman crying, with a smile face in the woman's belly. I asked her to explain it, and she said, someone sent me a plant, to soothe my crying, for the pain of having her, a happy baby. When she was actually in my womb, my psychic friend said she was smiling at me and telling me to relax!