Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 16-11-2010, 05:23 AM
SixOfClubs

Question Concerned about the Power of Belief

Hi friends,

I was hoping someone could shed some light on a worry of mine that I've had for over a year now.
Since my teenage years I have always noticed the synchronicities and power of the law of attraction-- that what you think about often will bring to you people, materials and opportunities to manifest it with.
However as my studies deepened and the synchronous events increased, I started worrying about what my negative thoughts might manifest as well. To my horror, much of what I was thinking about manifested, and I was left wondering whether they were events I was having premonitions about, or if I was manifesting these events myself, by having thoughts about them.
This led to a bout of insomnia and 2 terrifying panic attacks that I wish never to repeat.
Can your thoughts manifest absolutely anything? For instance, if I worry that a favourite food of mine will give me an allergic reaction, can that manifest? Sometimes I find myself so concerned about these things that I am constantly checking myself in the mirror to make sure I haven't broken out in a rash! I know this sounds ridiculous, but from past experiences, thoughts really do create your reality.

Any advice would be so appreciated.
Thankyou.
Old 16-11-2010, 06:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixOfClubs
Hi friends,

I was hoping someone could shed some light on a worry of mine that I've had for over a year now.
Since my teenage years I have always noticed the synchronicities and power of the law of attraction-- that what you think about often will bring to you people, materials and opportunities to manifest it with.
However as my studies deepened and the synchronous events increased, I started worrying about what my negative thoughts might manifest as well. To my horror, much of what I was thinking about manifested, and I was left wondering whether they were events I was having premonitions about, or if I was manifesting these events myself, by having thoughts about them.
This led to a bout of insomnia and 2 terrifying panic attacks that I wish never to repeat.
Can your thoughts manifest absolutely anything? For instance, if I worry that a favourite food of mine will give me an allergic reaction, can that manifest? Sometimes I find myself so concerned about these things that I am constantly checking myself in the mirror to make sure I haven't broken out in a rash! I know this sounds ridiculous, but from past experiences, thoughts really do create your reality.

Any advice would be so appreciated.
Thankyou.

If you've proven your thoughts are manifesting then why are you focusing on what you don't want?
The more energy and focus (intensity) you put into a thought, the quicker it will be created. Cheers.
Old 16-11-2010, 06:04 AM
Moon Willow

Hi SixOfClubs,
I'm not very knowledgable in the ins and outs of the law-of-attraction but do believe that we manifest what we give the most energy too. I think about it like this... if you have a plant that feeds on fear/negative thoughts and a plant that feeds on love/positive thoughts, and your always worrying. Which one is going to be fed more and grow more?

So, what I do if I ever have any negative thoughts (that don't serve me at all, or any longer) then I will either write them down, write down what I do want (so it leaves me with something positive to think about if my mind wanders) and burn what I don't want. And I send love to transmute all the negative thoughts.

The other thing I do is to have an imaginary STOP button, mine is big and red, and I press this whenever negative thoughts (again, ones that no longer serve me, or at all) and then send love to these thoughts to transmute them. It might take a little practice but it does get easier.

Sorry, this doesn't answer your question directly, but thought it might be something you can try until someone more knowledgable comes forward.

Love, light and blessings,
Moon Willow
Old 16-11-2010, 06:22 AM
SixOfClubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Willow
Hi SixOfClubs,
I'm not very knowledgable in the ins and outs of the law-of-attraction but do believe that we manifest what we give the most energy too. I think about it like this... if you have a plant that feeds on fear/negative thoughts and a plant that feeds on love/positive thoughts, and your always worrying. Which one is going to be fed more and grow more?

So, what I do if I ever have any negative thoughts (that don't serve me at all, or any longer) then I will either write them down, write down what I do want (so it leaves me with something positive to think about if my mind wanders) and burn what I don't want. And I send love to transmute all the negative thoughts.

The other thing I do is to have an imaginary STOP button, mine is big and red, and I press this whenever negative thoughts (again, ones that no longer serve me, or at all) and then send love to these thoughts to transmute them. It might take a little practice but it does get easier.

Sorry, this doesn't answer your question directly, but thought it might be something you can try until someone more knowledgable comes forward.

Love, light and blessings,
Moon Willow

Thanks Moon Willow, that is quite helpful. I'll try this technique next time I have intrusive thoughts.
Old 16-11-2010, 06:25 AM
SixOfClubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
If you've proven your thoughts are manifesting then why are you focusing on what you don't want?
The more energy and focus (intensity) you put into a thought, the quicker it will be created. Cheers.

Easier said than done! How do you learn not to worry about losing something you're so grateful to have?
Old 16-11-2010, 06:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixOfClubs
Easier said than done! How do you learn not to worry about losing something you're so grateful to have?

I'm sorry? What is it your concerned about losing?
Old 16-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Master
Ok..I'll answer that...
You have what you have because you created it....
You lose what you have because you created that to....
Are you not more then this human form, you think you are? You are your own Divineness..that which carries all potential....what you wish to project as (sixofclubs) is who and what you present externally. Internally, you are much more then this. Being aware of manifesting your thoughts is the first step to correcting and controlling those thoughts you don't want. You've already begun that. Cheers..
Old 16-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Gerryh

A positive thought is more powerful than a negative thought.So focus on the positive aspects and stop worrying about the damage you can create.Good and bad things will still happen but it is your attitude towards them that will change things.In other words the bad stuff won't be as bad.Mark Twain once said "I spent most of my life worrying about things that were going to happen only to discover now that I am old that they didn't."The LOA to me is about learning that you have control of your life by the realisation that you are the creator of your reality and because of this you can be or do anything that you desire.
Best wishes Gerry
Old 17-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Master
Hello SixOfClubs,

Yes your thoughts can manifest almost anything. And yes, you are wise to be mindful of your thinking. Because thoughts do create an energy that does attract like energies.

I suspect that you wish to become an energy worker. That is another term for a person who can exercise a particular degree of empowerment. Do you think that my observation about this is valid?

Thanks,
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 17-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Master
Fish

Hey SixOfClubs - here is how i come to it, at this point.

#1 - "reality is that which, when you cease to believe it, does not go away."

#2 - you get what you ask for.

#3 - go with whatever works.

So, to break that down, basically yes, # 2 law of attraction BUT superceding this, the one that asks 'who's your daddy?' is #1. and #3, sort of like you are free to do whatever works for you, so long as you remain true to yourself. #3 is part #2, part #1, and is in line with the serenity prayer; realizing what you have power over, and what you do not.

I think though, it is important to realize that #1 is the Divine, that has our best intentions at heart, and we get into trouble when we try fighting against #1, and this may be the selfish part of #2, thinking you are king of the world, invincible. The manifestations of this can come up as any kind and all kinds of problems, "cognitive dissonance" in our personal lives, but that is just impying the need for adjustment, refocus, growth, etc. as the result of 'karma' which is not as judgmental as the word may suggest, it is just natural Spiritual law at work.

So, to answer your question, i'd say it could be either you are attracting these things, or else they are bound to happen, but my point to you would be, what does it matter? It is the way in which you deal with it which matters, and in this way, 'believing to see' could be a #2 way to go in so far as the more you are able to maintain an open, heart centered, honest, positive approach to whatever comes your way in life, mental life included, that this will help establish understanding and greater all round health.

If you believe-slash-realize that From a greater perspective there is a sort of 'Divine indifference' as one Russian novelist (Forget his name, wrote Doctor Zivhago) put it, and that everything is going to plan, and will work out. Trust is necessary, and also good idea to let go of thoughts that serve no purpose, as they not useful, or, #3 oriented, they aren't working, so let them go.

It's not even the specific nature of the thoughts themselves, but the energy which is the track upon which your train of thought travels; fear itself. Face them, let them go, embrace them.. do whatever works. (#3 again.) Try developing intuition, maybe take up meditation (if you haven't already) and don't worry. You may choose to let go of the whirlwind thought pattern, and probably good to stop thinking so much in general, and learn to develop your intuition more maybe.

Anyways, how i sees it, or one way to look at it i guess, hope that any of it may be helpful.

OneLove . ~ *