Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 01-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Guide
Could I help my father with Reiki?

Hello there!

I have never practiced Reiki myself, but received some time ago from a friend who now is onto grade 2. He explained me like it is very easy and all you need to do is imagine this great white light and let it pass on through your body to your hands and onto the person who should receive it. So, I would like to know if I could do Reiki as well, for helping my father.

For many, many years now, my father has always had some health issue. He spends more time in several hospitals than at home. He has had his heart stopping to beat (now has a pacemaker), and about two and a half years ago he had a bad accident with a motor saw - he cut into his left ankle and almost lost his foot. He now has an electronic device in his body which sends electric waves to his foot to keep the nerves working well.

But now, he is starting to have lung problems. He is not getting enough air to breathe, or at least that's how he describes it. He has had a "shock lung" and was lucky to survive.

He is very depressive and personally I believe his heart and lung problems have their roots in his psyche. He is afraid to feel joy, negating all good things in his life, feeling sad. It doesn't help much that mother and my brothers think he is just lazy and a hypochonder.

He seems to enjoy my company a lot, and I've thought about how to help him with Reiki (he always likes it very much when I massage his foot, for example) and I just want to know if I could help his current lung problem and lighten his depression, using Reiki.

Please explain me if I could, and how.

Thank you, hugs and kisses,
Kiran
helpless against my immortality."

From "Savitri" by Sri Aurobindo
(The Book of Fate)
Old 01-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Osian

Hi Kiran, i do Reiki level 2 and in answer to your question yes and yes. Anyone can do Reiki it is not for 'special people' so yes you most certainly can. Reiki always works in the highest good for the person recieving so i can't see any reason why not.

you will need to find a Reiki master in your area who will explain all to you. Level one is about you and level two is about treating others. Good luck and god bless you both.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:10 PM
iolite

Kiran...

Of course you can use reiki to help your dad. You can do what your friend told you (visualize the white light) and each of the reiki symbols (http://healing.about.com/od/reiki/tp/reiki-symbols.htm coming down through the crown of your head and placed in your each of your chakras and each palm. When a reiki master attunes you to reiki, they place the symbols in your chakras, not all of them though. But it would probably be easier for you if you do.

Then, call on the power symbol - cho ku rei to help "ramp" up the energy. Visualize that symbol in the palm of your hand as you place your hands on your dad.
Then you can call on the harmony (emotional healing) symbol - Sei Hei Ki.

If you feel that the other symbols are needed, call on them too.

You should feel pin prickles in your palms or heat or cold. Your dad will probably report that your hands feel hot or cold. Keep sending the energy until it slows down and then move your hands to another location on his body (like his chest).

If you call on the distance symbol you can send healing to your dad from a distance. Just visualize the distance symbol and the other reiki symbols going to your dad wherever he is: across the room, down the road, in another state, it doesn't matter to reiki -- it will go to him.

iolite

There is a really good book on reiki by Diane Stein called "Essential Reiki", you can probably get it from Amazon.com

Last edited by iolite : 01-12-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Guide
Wow, thank you so much! I will go visit my dad tomorrow evening in the hospital. Let's see if I can be any help to him. If not, he will at least be happy that I visited.

(The Book of Fate)
Old 02-12-2010, 12:06 PM
shaya48

HI KIRAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran
Hello there!

I have never practiced Reiki myself, but received some time ago from a friend who now is onto grade 2. He explained me like it is very easy and all you need to do is imagine this great white light and let it pass on through your body to your hands and onto the person who should receive it. So, I would like to know if I could do Reiki as well, for helping my father.

For many, many years now, my father has always had some health issue. He spends more time in several hospitals than at home. He has had his heart stopping to beat (now has a pacemaker), and about two and a half years ago he had a bad accident with a motor saw - he cut into his left ankle and almost lost his foot. He now has an electronic device in his body which sends electric waves to his foot to keep the nerves working well.

But now, he is starting to have lung problems. He is not getting enough air to breathe, or at least that's how he describes it. He has had a "shock lung" and was lucky to survive.

He is very depressive and personally I believe his heart and lung problems have their roots in his psyche. He is afraid to feel joy, negating all good things in his life, feeling sad. It doesn't help much that mother and my brothers think he is just lazy and a hypochonder.

He seems to enjoy my company a lot, and I've thought about how to help him with Reiki (he always likes it very much when I massage his foot, for example) and I just want to know if I could help his current lung problem and lighten his depression, using Reiki.

Kiran

HI KIRAN,

I AM SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOUR DAD IS GOING THROUGH SO MUCH AT THE MOMENT, I WATCHED MY DAD GO THROUGH HEART PROBLEMS, BREATHING PROBLEMS, STOMACHE PROBLEMS, AND MORE AND IT WAS VERY HARD FOR ME TO DEAL WTIH I LOVED MY DAD SO MUCH AND HE DIDNT DESERVE ALL THE PAIN HE WENT THROUGH UNTIL THE END.

YOU HAVE THE HEALING ENERGIES, AND YOU CAN HELP TO LIFT YOUR DADS VIBRATIONAL ENERGY TO HELP HIM COPE WITH THE ROUGH TIMES, IT IS LOVE AND COMPASSION THAT HELPS ANOTHER IN PAIN, AND YOUR DAD KNOWS YOU CARE AND LOVE HIM ENOUGH TO WANT TO HELP HIM IN ANY WAY YOU CAN.

DONT WORRY SO MUCH ABOUT GAINING CERTAIN LEVELS IN REIKI YOU ALREADY WERE BORN WITH WHAT YOU NEED, YOUR SPIRIT GUIDES AND YOUR SPIRIT HEALERS GIVE YOU THE ENERGY AND HEALING YOU NEED TO PASS ON TO YOUR DAD.

I AM, A HEALER, BUT HAVE NEVER TAKEN CLASSES, MY GUIDES HAVE SHOWN ME IN THE WAY I WAS MEANT TO HEAL AND THAT IS HANDS ON, THEY HAVE PROGRESSED ME AND TAUGHT ME THE BEST WAY TO USE MY GIFT, TRUST THAT YOU ARE ALWAYS GUIDED WHEN HELPING ANOTHER.MEDITATION IS GOOD FOR GETTING IN TOUCH WITH YOUR HIGHER GUIDANCE AND YOUR HIGHER SELF,

ALWAYS BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND YOUR ABILITIES, YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB HELPING YOUR DAD AND YOUR LOVE IS THE ONE THING HE NEEDS RIGHT NOW YOU WILL BE FINE, REMEMBER YOU AREADY HAVE THE HEALING ENERGIES AND THE RIGHT KIND OF LOVE AND COMPASSION TO GIVE TO OTHERS, AND THAT IS A GREAT GIFT TO GIVE TO THE ONES YOU LOVE IN PAIN AND TO BE ABLE TO HELP OTHERS, I FEEL YOU WILL BE A VERY GOOD HEALER JUST TRUST IN YOUR GUIDANCE AND IN GOD.

I DO HOPE YOUR DAD CAN BE MORE COMFORTABLE IN HIS PAIN AND I AM SENDING HIM HEALING AND A HUG FOR BOTH OF YOU.

LOVE AND LIGHT SHAYA.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Deactivated Account
I think Reiki is a lovely thing to do for your dad. It doesn't need to be complicated - I just visualise white light going through someone's body and intend for them to heal. This is all you need to do. If you're worried that healing from disease isn't what they need (in some cases it isn't) you can intend that the Reiki light is sent for the highest good of the person.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Racer X

Reiki is the Energy of Love.........

How can giving not help?

Only when refused!

Then what?

Silent prayer.......is also the Energy of Love.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Guide
Thank you all. My dad is now home with mum and my younger siblings. He is feeling pretty well. I will phone him tonight to see if he keeps getting better.

(The Book of Fate)
Old 12-12-2010, 12:29 PM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran
Hello there!

Kiran
To do Reiki you need not know what is the problem, though some of them may disagree as Reiki has the power to go where it needs to go, it heals at all levels. So its just what your dad might want, you can use symbols to speed up the amount of healing required for your dads condition. Someone who has completed Level II in reiki can help you with that.