Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 15-01-2007, 02:17 AM
Luke Wolf

Salvia Divinorum

Just curious as to what others have experienced while smoking this during meditation.

I have had a few, but the one that stands out the most is I was overcome with a feeling that I was dying. While waiting for death to come, knowing I was going to die very soon, I was overcome with a peace and calmess I have never experienced before. It was the most unique meditation experience I've had.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:58 PM
developing1

Exclamation

interesting, i was going to purchase this myself but don't like the thought of smoking it as i've given up, is there anyother way of taking it?

best wishes

developing1
Old 06-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Moonflower

Hi Luke & Developing1

There are perils with any venture into the unknown. Being of sound mind and body, and inquisitive by nature it is not something to be used lightly used by the Shamans to produce halucogenic effects. Salvia has been chewed for centuries before it was smoked, smoking it is a more recent practice.

I do not & have never felt the need to partake of any substances that create an illusion an unreality & would only advise you to tread carefully only my humble opinion.

Namaste Moonflower x
Old 18-02-2007, 07:37 AM
Luke Wolf

Quote:
is there anyother way of taking it?
You can chew it, and you can also buy a liquid extract that you.
Old 18-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Master
I just want to back up Moonflower on this one....careful examination of the risks weighed against the possible benefits of such exeriments are in deed called for before making a decision to alter your state of consciousness with the aid of any substance.

take care,
MG

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 18-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Bob23

Fascinating thread this one which reminds me of a great quote by the late great Timothy Leary which went something like:~

"LSD is a drug which can cause psychosis in those users who haven't yet taken it!"

LSD and similar substances were thoroughly tested by the military to investigate the possible uses towards bettering the killing machine mentality. What was found however, was that the soldiers tested on, subsequently dropped their weapons and started hugging each other and the nearest available trees! Some were even reported to have 'awakening' experiences.

At the same time, clinical experiments were being carried out with cronic alcoholism, multiple personality, depression, learning disabilities (the list goes on...). And in a very large percentage of cases total recovery from previous psychotic behavior was reversed with follow up studies of participants proving long lasting and positive life changes. Ofcourse, like the military studies there where lots of 'awakening' experiences happening aswell.

So, to recap: there is and are many drugs which are not very effective for producing aggressive and 'killing mentality' effects, which, at the same time are very congenial towards recovery from psychosis. In both seperate studies 'awakening' experiences were common.

As Terrence Mckenna used to say, "LSD is NOT a cure for chronic alcoholism etc...it's simply a cure for STUPIDITY!"

What seems to die was only unreal to start with!

Injoy the ongoing and wonderful experiment called LIFE...

Bob23.
Closed Thread