Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 24-02-2011, 02:17 AM
CJ82Sky

how long did you wait between reiki 1 & 2?

so i know at least 3 mos or so (i asked my reiki teacher) and i plan on practicing as much as possible, but i wanted to ask what other people's experiences were. my one friend waited a few years, others wait less, more i know it varies on individual and practice and so on. so i figured i'd ask what you guys all did. thanks!
Old 24-02-2011, 02:24 AM
s0ultraveller

I hope you are enjoying the Reiki experience. I did my Reiki 2 attunement after 1 year.
Old 24-02-2011, 02:41 AM
Master
I can't remember - it was too long ago, but I've realised since then that it doesn't really matter. Reiki has become a commody for purchase when it is free like air, so people created rules to institutionalize it and give themselves the "authority" to sell it and people bought into that, not knowing any better. It infuriates me when people get ripped off paying a fortune for attunements.

I think the only valid reason for waiting between attunements might be to give yourself a chance to be more receptive, more deserving, of higher energy and the higher responsibility that comes with that. The waiting puts one into a more humble state.
Old 24-02-2011, 06:20 AM
AngelBreeze

"Waiting" period between Reiki I and Reiki II

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
so i know at least 3 mos or so (i asked my reiki teacher) and i plan on practicing as much as possible, but i wanted to ask what other people's experiences were. my one friend waited a few years, others wait less, more i know it varies on individual and practice and so on. so i figured i'd ask what you guys all did. thanks!

Greetings CJ82Sky!

Regarding the waiting period between Level 1 and Level II Reiki (Usui System), it really all depends on you and how quickly you want to learn the next level and are ready for it. While it is always good and recommended to practice in between levels learned for a better grasp of the techniques and energy, Level II would augment Level I energy and also afford you to learn three basic Symbols which allow you to do additional work including sending Reiki at a distance.

Many masters also believe there is great need in the world today for Reiki. Therefore do not stand in the way of students advancing more rapidly between levels than was once done before. I personally see it akin to going to college and studying and receiving your Bachelor's degree and instead of waiting to get your Master's, if you are able to, you can proceed in getting your Master's because that is your personal decision to do so and how could a professor stand in your way and tell you that you cannot, for you always know best.

The Level II energy is more profound but it is not unusual for people to be able to integrate the energy in a short amount of time. It all depends on them. However, your Reiki master may also have his thoughts on that and might not wish to teach the next level until he feels the Reiki I initiate has had enough practice on that level in order to proceed. If the initiate to Level I, however, feels they are ready anyway, that should be left up to them, imho, as no one knows better than they when they are ready. And if they are being spiritually led to advance at that point, then who is to say they should not.

I know Reiki I and Reiki II are being taught in one weekend together in some places and apparently quite successfully so we have to remember the adage, "If the student is ready the teacher will appear." And perhaps it is that with some Level I initiates they would choose another Reiki master to continue with their studies and attunements which should always be their own choice as I don't believe anyone should be made to stay with only one Reiki master if they wish to go to another.

And we must also remember that Dr. Usui, the Grand master of Reiki, received his Reiki spiritual experience and enlightenment all at once on Mt. Kuriyama along with the symbols and techniques to impart to others, which he and his first two Grand masters refined, without his having a personal 'waiting' period between degrees, which was something that was later decided to be done, so that is also something to consider when making a decision.

I Am Sending You Many Hugs With Much Love and Pure Light,
(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)
Old 24-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Pathfinder

Hi Sky

I did my Reiki II attunement 2 weeks after my Reiki I, I felt ready and my

Reiki master who has been a master for 15 years also thought I was .

I think having the symbols to use opens up a lot more opportunities for

healing and can 'focus' the energy.

I did my Master attunement 6 months later which was an incredible

experience .
Old 24-02-2011, 01:42 PM
CJ82Sky

thank you all for the feedback and angel breeze that makes a ton of sense! :)
Old 24-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Medium_Laura

I know someone who had all 3 from a "not so enlightened" master and has had severe health problems from it. I never had a worry until I saw it happen to two DIFFERENT people that this "master" worked with. The first girl stutters, has brain problems and pain. I wish there was a way you could "Undo" it. :(
Old 24-02-2011, 02:46 PM
AngelBreeze

"Waiting" period between Reiki I and Reiki II

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
thank you all for the feedback and angel breeze that makes a ton of sense! :)

Warm greetings, CJ82Sky!

Thank you for your comments. I am a Reiki master (Usui Shiki Ryoho) and do not believe that there should be certain waiting periods between initiations into Reiki. First of all, why wait three months as opposed to two, or maybe four or perhaps a year? That makes little sense really as it all depends on the individual and their inner feelings about this in my honest opinion.

As an aside, for those who would be so quick to blame Reiki for 'mishaps' in taking degrees together, etc. they must remember that Reiki is benevolent energy! If something happened to whomever, then imho, there may be other issues or factors involved that should be looked into rather than to jump to the conclusion that Reiki had anything to do with it. Just stop to think about this -- Reiki is being used in hospitals even! If the energy was bad, doctors and nurses would not be using it! Nursing homes, clinics, medical professionals, other professionals, etc. are using Reiki and even teaching it! Nurses, doctors, and other health professionals can even get CEUs by taking Reiki classes! Even clergy is using Reiki as well as sisters and nuns in churches and other places. So, people should be careful about blaming Reiki for things that others may experience that may be isolated incidents and may have to do with something else entirely.

Thanks again for your comments and many blessings to you!

I Am Sending You Many Hugs With Much Love and Pure Light,
(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)
Old 24-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Medium_Laura

AngelBreeze, I was not blaming Reiki... I was blaming the master and the way it was delivered. While some attunments can be harmless, I think Reiki is one that has a great deal of energy and responsibility to it's attuned. If you get attuned, research the master, talk to people who are attuned by them. That's what I was saying.
Old 24-02-2011, 04:26 PM
CJ82Sky

makes sense both laura and angel breeze

and yes angel breeze i agree - timing was usually about three months so my master didn't say it HAS to be, but that when it is right you will know and usually several months, a fast timeline is three, but listen to your guides.

my challenge is focus. when i get into deep thought i often link thoughts together and start focused on perfectly healthy, completely balanced then as i am feeling the energy healing things internally (like i can feel organs and blood flow, or cells and energy swirling around an area of blockage or damage), my mind will go to how that feels, and then think about it, then think about how it can change, then think about how that can help me or this animal or that animal and i have to get better at STAYING present in the focus i need for THAT session. so i know i'm not ready yet haha! but getting there with practice and fortunately with all my animals they are very happy to be practiced on :)

i am sure when i am ready i will know - than you all for sharing your experiences! my master has a small shop and very small classes so i have this feeling that when the Reiki II is offered in the next several months that's when i'll be ready and that the timing will not be coincidental ;)

and laura - that sounds like an awful experience! hope your friends are able to get better!