Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 23-08-2011, 05:28 PM
indiesongwriter

My aunt is a nurse and she has stories about patients being out-of-body and seeing things and hearing things the doctors/nurses said that they couldn't possibly have heard or (especially) seen. Also, in Seth Speaks, the spirit Seth talks about each death he's had adding meaning to his life and that he thinks that people should fully inhabit the death experience and appreciate it for the amazing transition it is. I try to look at death in a more positive light now - though I am still a little jittery about it being painful.
Old 23-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Master
indiesong... the painful part is just in the body. Once you're out... no pain.

You might be interested in looking further into NDE stories, to be able to let go of your fear. There's lots of books around on the subject and this amazing website: http://nderf.org.

Xan

Old 23-08-2011, 07:23 PM
indiesongwriter

Thanks Xan! Isn't it natural for part of my mind to fear the pain of death, though? I simultaneously fear the pain of death but also appreciate the lesson of pain and the transition of death. To not fear the pain of death at all seems unnatural or like a kind of repression of how we really feel but maybe I am wrong. I know that I'm not afraid of what happens after death.
Old 23-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Master
indiesong... You seem to have acquired from somewhere an idea and belief that death is painful. But in all my investigation I've never found that is true for anyone, ever. We have pain in the body from illness or injury, but death itself is just leaving the body and its pain behind.

If you'll read a lot of NDE stories from that website I suggested you'll see what I mean. You could just click on "current nde's".

Xan

Old 24-08-2011, 01:51 AM
Death is like taking off a tight shoe.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-08-2011, 04:25 AM
ShoonyanandaS

That's why we had Near Death Experiences. I was revived four times from a state of being pronounced clinically dead. I'd stopped breathing, my heart stopped beating and I had the most profound spiritual experience of my entire life. When this had occurred, my life changed for the better. This is how we overcome the fear of dying. I didn't have dead relatives to help. Chenrezig and Avalokiteswara? Shakyamuni Buddha and Lord Jesus Christ? Budhha and Archangel Michael? Who knows? It was all quite personal and I'm still alive to share with you. Thanks for being here for me to share. Mega blessings of love and light. Swami Shoonyananda Saraswati (Shoonya=Void; Ananda=Bliss):O)
Old 19-12-2011, 01:43 AM
Boldylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes but still you weren't dead, these things were going through your mind, you were maybe very close to true death but you weren't fully there.

Her mind/spirit/soul wasnt dead but her body was.
Old 19-12-2011, 01:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boldylocks
Her mind/spirit/soul wasnt dead but her body was.
No the body wasn't, if it was it would stay dead, the life force is what animates through the body, when the body is dead, no life force animating, but if the body is just on the verge of death then yes, it can come back to life, of full life.
Old 28-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Master
Actually, psychoslice, there are many stories and studies of people who were clinically 'dead' and revived... some for more than just a few minutes. It's amazing what modern medical technology, and/or grace, can do.

Xan