Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Closed Thread

Old 18-03-2018, 08:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Have I told you lately, how much I value your posts?

aww thank you hun blessings to you
Old 18-03-2018, 08:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Raziel,
I don't respond to patronising or to commands, so I recommend you save your mental energies for equitable dialogue that is more courteous and respectful of me as your equal.

Peace & blessings
7L

Please respectfully read comment #54 once again.

It was not a response therefore your reply to it is a presumtion.

I am not responsible as to whether someone considers themselves my equal or not - that is theirs to own as I made no such statement.

I also did not identify the poster with anti-male themed posts as either male or female (male feminists exist too).

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 18-03-2018, 08:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
Please respectfully read comment #54 once again.

It was not a response - it was an individual post on happenings in the thread.

I am not responsible as to whether someone considers themselves my equal or not - that is theirs to own as I made no such statement.

Raziel,

IMO, addressing others as equals means we don't give orders and we don't engage in personal attacks.
We speak for ourselves and our perspective and we don't usurp or discount or ignore the voices of others.

When we don't address others as equals, we give commands, we engage in personal attacks, bullying, and name-calling,
and we presume to tell another who or what they are or feel, or we presume to discount or ignore the voice of others.

That's what my statement was based on.

You'll noticed I had different opinions on what to recommend to the OP and I had some questions and concerns & explained my thoughts,
but I NEVER disparaged you nor anyone here for their thoughts.

My issue was solely to do with the attack and the blame directed at some unnamed woman -- that IMO is not cool and not acceptable.
If you cease and desist in personal attacks and name-calling on the single poster you referenced (but did not name, presumably a woman), then that's a positive start IMO.

Then I would recommend you consider leaving off with attacks and name-calling altogether.

IMO then we're coming to a place where we are engaging respectfully as equals.

And then we can talk biscuits or whatever. Not before.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 18-03-2018, 09:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Raziel,

IMO, addressing others as equals means we don't give orders and we don't engage in personal attacks.
We speak for ourselves and our perspective and we don't usurp or discount or ignore the voices of others.

When we don't address others as equals, we give commands, we engage in personal attacks, bullying, and name-calling,
and we presume to tell another who or what they are or feel, or we presume to discount or ignore the voice of others.

That's what my statement was based on.

You'll noticed I had different opinions on what to recommend to the OP and I had some questions and concerns & explained my thoughts,
but I NEVER disparaged you nor anyone here for their thoughts.

My issue was solely to do with the attack and the blame directed at some unnamed woman -- that IMO is not cool and not acceptable.
If you cease and desist in personal attacks and name-calling on the single poster you referenced (but did not name, presumably a woman), then that's a positive start IMO.

Then I would recommend you consider leaving off with attacks and name-calling altogether.

IMO then we're coming to a place where we are engaging respectfully as equals.

And then we can talk biscuits or whatever. Not before.

Peace & blessings
7L

Sure.

Out of curiosity/ for the record what name did I call the unidentified poster, how was the bullying executed upon an unidentified person?

Has it been confirmed that this person found issue with my posts, how can this possibly be proven to be so since they have anonymity?

Jaffa cakes I bet (biscuits).

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 18-03-2018, 09:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
Sure.

Out of curiosity/ for the record what name did I call the unidentified poster?

Jaffa cakes I bet (biscuits).

Raziel - glad to hear it.

Per your request, these are your words, though you can surely find them for yourself, LOL

Quote:
To be fair the anti male mindset only seems to be in a lot of posts, but its only really one poster .. often.

Its the Voldermort of the thread I.e the bias cannot be mentioned aloud.
Gluten free shortbread, any flavour or variety...it doesn't suffer any loss of taste whatsoever...many say they're improved.

Here's one for you...
http://wallflowerkitchen.com/gluten-free-jaffa-cakes/

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 18-03-2018, 09:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Raziel - glad to hear it.

Per your request, these are your words, though you can surely find them for yourself, LOL

Gluten free shortbread, any flavour or variety...it doesn't suffer any loss of taste whatsoever...many say they're improved.

Here's one for you...
http://wallflowerkitchen.com/gluten-free-jaffa-cakes/

Peace & blessings
7L

I can see the confusion - I merely parroted the language of a question posed.

I forgive those who trespass against me so I don't judge the overreaction.

I'll check out the recipe.

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 18-03-2018, 10:15 PM
Knower
why can’t you just apologize instead of keeping it going you clearly attacked 7lumimaries, and the original poster of this thread.. gosh are u in your teens?? This is internet bullying ur doing..
Old 18-03-2018, 10:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
It seems the original poster has not responded.

I have not seen male bashing at all in this thread.

I suppose it depends on how you define this?

I haven't read male bashing.

It seems I have thrown a bomb right on into this thread, and started a war here. Not, my intentions just showing off what was going on in this thread.

Is male bashing too hard of a word? Perhaps, but let's take a look at this, from this thread. With actual quotes form this thread from various posters. Not just one.

Quote:
.you may get along great but the timing is poor and most gents would be extremely horny 6 months on after many years of being reasonably well supplied sexually and then having to adjust suddenly to none of that. Like being out to sea for 6 months and then finally hitting port. So you have to ask yourself...is this gent so amazingly brilliant that you'd be ok with being shagged and dumped after say 6 to 12 months, just when you might have really begun to trust there was reason to think it was "long-term"?

Quote:
I've found that male divorce plaintiffs tend emotionally to be all-over-the-place (as in messed up, not ubiquitous). They're on the rebound, need their timing belts adjusted so they can return to normal running. Women are probably the same.

Quote:
Well you frequently hear women telling stories of dating men for years and they never leave their wives. I read in a book and the author of the book was, Sandra L Brown, some years back, and it said that it's a bad idea to date to married man because he will probably never leave his partner in the first place.

Quote:
The problem is, it will still be a risk as men on the rebound may seem ready even when they're not. So it's a huge risk.
We always think "Nah, it's different with me! He really loves me! Our love is strong enough to handle this."
But at some point I think 99% of these women end up heartbroken because the man dumped her. Rebound.

Now, from my layman's perspective you kind of see a trend here. Of stereotyping of males here. As being just, horny guys, who are out for flings, and just want to sleep with as many women as they can. With no intentions of ever really settling down with anyone... Now this may not be the actual message that is being conveyed, but this is what you will start to see when you start to see posts like these.

Caution should always be advised in a situation such as this. But such caution should not be biased one way, that the caution should be because guys are horny jerks.

It does appear though that women and men do look at relationships differently. Perhaps women do have a more emotional connection much faster than their male counterparts. And perhaps that should be taken into consideration. But to say guys think so lowly of women and are governed solely by what is in their pants is a little insulting.

And my post was not to offend, and I apologize if I did.
Old 18-03-2018, 10:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
It seems I have thrown a bomb right on into this thread, and started a war here. Not, my intentions just showing off what was going on in this thread.

Is male bashing too hard of a word? Perhaps, but let's take a look at this, from this thread. With actual quotes form this thread from various posters. Not just one.

Now, from my layman's perspective you kind of see a trend here. Of stereotyping of males here. As being just, horny guys, who are out for flings, and just want to sleep with as many women as they can. With no intentions of ever really settling down with anyone... Now this may not be the actual message that is being conveyed, but this is what you will start to see when you start to see posts like these.

Caution should always be advised in a situation such as this. But such caution should not be biased one way, that the caution should be because guys are horny jerks.

It does appear though that women and men do look at relationships differently. Perhaps women do have a more emotional connection much faster than their male counterparts. And perhaps that should be taken into consideration. But to say guys think so lowly of women and are governed solely by what is in their pants is a little insulting.

And my post was not to offend, and I apologize if I did.

You've not offended me at all innerlight, not in the least.

My last post was neither posted in anger or in any offense taken.

I would like to point out I had said I had found both- Male Bashing, and the comment "I think you Hate women" posted to both, yes both comments to be a tad much. Perhaps not too strong, but most definitely both seem quite incorrect, if I look at it logically, which indeed I do.

Also I agree with much of what you have written about men in this thread being perceived or at the least written about as "Horny" and "Jerkish".

But let's face it head on here. The poster saying this is cautioning the OP about the intentions of many men.

Let's not play coy. Many of humanity are sex crazed, many both men and women. Many not all. And both men and women.

To be honest I see no excuse for much of the behavior going on in this thread. And I actually posted only to say it is not a one way street here.

It takes two to argue.

And I will say as I have already- I feel much of what has transpired in this thread to be unfair.

But I am not talking just the generalized stereo typing, I am speaking rather for what it is I see. Two very intelligent members who literally know better than this, both of whom I enjoy seeing posts from ceaselessly arguing with one another the old I am female, I am male let's blame each other argument.

The tired worn, squabble that we as a people (think world here) should be able to rise above for God's sake.

I've not taking your male bashing comment seriously- or that is to say I've not been offended by it.

I agree with you in fact. A lot of what has been said here about males has been very stereotypical.

The point of my post is that I have found the entire argument unnecessary to begin with.

What it looks like is a couple of members whom are having personal disagreements between each other.

Which should actually just be worked out....

Whether in pm or even if a third party (Moderator) need to help work through it.

Like I said I generally enjoy both members posts and rather not see either reported.

But that isn't in my control.

That's up to them.

But I bow out of this thread. Because the OP is not responding, has not said thank you to anyone (God forbid), and has not elaborated.

Other than those reasons there is no longer any reason to post in this particular thread it seems.

Unless of course I get the urge to argue.

But I honestly find it to be utterly unnecessary.
Old 19-03-2018, 12:00 AM
Administrator
Hello Members

DONE honestly done with the reports on this member and that member and about this topic.

This thread is closed.