Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 25-08-2016, 08:07 AM
Pathfinder
Pre-birth experiences

I didn't really know which section to put this in so Admins pls move if more appropriate elsewhere.

I was an unplanned pregnancy, my mother was 40 (old for a mother in the 1950s) and I had two older brothers, 7 and 14 yrs older. She didn't want another baby and actively did things that she hoped would result in a miscarriage. (She had had 2 miscarriages between my two brothers' births). However, I hung on in there.

She often told me when I was a child, that she tried to rid herself of me, but that when I was born and a girl, she was very pleased as she wanted a girl. Strangely enough, I wasn't thrilled to hear this! What would my life have been like as a 3rd unwanted boy?
As a mother who nowadays would have probably been diagnosed on the autism spectrum, she wasn't a good mother, she emotionally neglected me a lot during childhood. But I wondered what effects these pre birth messages that would have come through to me, would have had on me in the womb, if anyone has that type of knowledge.
Old 25-08-2016, 12:43 PM
Master
I don't have any type of this knowledge but I want to just tell you I'm sorry you had to go through so much but I'm glad you are here. :-) I was an unplanned baby myself. I never found this out until maybe 3 years before her death 2 years ago. It explained a lot, she frequently acted like she hated me. Not all the time but I got the brunt of her anger all the time, my brothers did not. I would have been very hurt hearing what your mom said but you are here for a purpose. Strong in the womb and strong now.

Any pre-birth messages given to you in the womb, I would say that you have the power to overcome them and be the person you are meant to be. I had to continually battle up, rise up and overcome and I've finally come to a place within the last decade that I really like (love) the person I am. Of course I have shortcomings at times and things I want to change and I'm working on still but I shed off a lifetime of drilled in messages that had a profound effect on me growing up (to the negative)...it was hard dealing with them. I wish it didn't take this long to rise above them all but every day life is a new beginning.

I know when I was 3 or 4 years old remembering thinking "I'm too tired to do this again" and I remember clearly thinking of living another life...I felt very old and very tired at that moment.

I was looking at my 8 day old grandson yesterday and holding him in my arms. He was sleeping and I said It's grandma! I remember you and you remember me! And he opened his bright little eyes up and looked right at me (I was curious as they say you can remember past lives as a child and I remember my incident)...he did this another time with me, looking at me with this connection that I felt. I didn't know if it was just my imagination taking over but it was like legos clicking together. :-)
Old 25-08-2016, 04:52 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
I didn't really know which section to put this in so Admins pls move if more appropriate elsewhere.

I was an unplanned pregnancy, my mother was 40 (old for a mother in the 1950s) and I had two older brothers, 7 and 14 yrs older. She didn't want another baby and actively did things that she hoped would result in a miscarriage. (She had had 2 miscarriages between my two brothers' births). However, I hung on in there.

She often told me when I was a child, that she tried to rid herself of me, but that when I was born and a girl, she was very pleased as she wanted a girl. Strangely enough, I wasn't thrilled to hear this! What would my life have been like as a 3rd unwanted boy?
As a mother who nowadays would have probably been diagnosed on the autism spectrum, she wasn't a good mother, she emotionally neglected me a lot during childhood. But I wondered what effects these pre birth messages that would have come through to me, would have had on me in the womb, if anyone has that type of knowledge.

Hi Morrigan, what an interesting post! I'm not sure from your post if you believe in reincarnation, but hopefully it (reincarnation) will make more sense of our upbringings if you seek to research how it relates to the parent(s) one chooses when incarnating.

However, that said, there was a book that came out in the 90's that addresses exactly what you are inquiring about. It's titled "The Molecules of Emotions," by Dr. Candace Pert, and she discusses in the book her theory of how the pregnant woman's emotions (or lack thereof) impact the growing embryo. Its a scientific book that acknowledges the importance of emotions upon the physical body. You should check it out.

But obviously, despite the obstacles you've encountered prior to birth, you were meant to be here. Your mother giving you such harsh information about trying to rid her body of you, IMO, is critical to your lifepath, as it clearly has had an impact on you. Best wishes!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 25-08-2016, 05:35 PM
Pathfinder
Sarian and Sojourner, thanks for your replies.

Sarian, I am sure we do have the power to overcome stuff like this, but I had a catastrophic breakdown in my early 40s for which I was hospitalised, I couldn't function for 6mths, after having been a workaholic before that, and I just felt total terror and spent most of the time huddled under a blanket on the sofa. Nothing could really account for the strength of these feelings, in my life up to that point.

Sojourner, I do indeed believe in reincarnation, I do believe we choose our parents, although why I chose my mother is a mystery to me! I will look for the book you recommend, thank you.
Old 25-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Master
Wow, Morrigan, you've been through a lot. ((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

I've heard that which Sojourner mentioned as well.

I went through very dark times as a child and adult huddled under blankets, I used to bury myself in my parent's closet behind their stuff and stay there until evening. It took me a long time to reconcile all that in my mind. I can see you were probably using work as a way of coping and finally just could not anymore but you are clearly a very strong person. I applaud you for your strength and perseverance.

I often wonder if we chose people in our life, such as parents, WHY? What is the point to all that? Seems so odd to me.

But again, I will reiterate, you are supposed to be here. I'm sure you have some wonderful gifts and what an unfolding of it or those it will be...I think you have a lot of good things to look forward to in life now. :-)