Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-12-2019, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Dreams
I just read this tonight and thought I'd share. This is a quote from Jesus:

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
John 14:12‭-‬14 NIV
Yup, one of my favorites for many many years.
May I add another:
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything
according to His will, He hears us.
And if we know that He hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of Him.

In 1 John 5, I'm sure it was in the RSV

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-12-2019, 02:04 AM
Experiencer

So even more so, if we desire to do good things in his name, we should ask for it!
Old 10-01-2020, 06:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I can't understand why there is a disbelief when it comes to the spiritual gifts, why are so many people that don't believe they can do what Jesus did and even greater things? Usually, when someone has a spiritual gift and then talks about it, then people appear and accuse this person that she/he is working for the devil, just as it happened on the time of Christ, they have an obsession with the devil.

I, myself, believe, with all my being, that we can do what Jesus did and even greater things, and I have set myself a goal to be able to manifest the power of the Creator in this world, it does not matter what it takes.

What is your opinion? It's the power of God still given to mankind? What does it take for one to manifest this power?
Hard to have a discussion on a subject in which many have no idea what the 'gifts of the spirit' are.

Even worse, if you tell them what the 'gifts of spirit' are, many will deny they exist.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-01-2020, 08:51 PM
ImthatIm

I assume these are the gifts ThatMan is referring to.
If ThatMan is referring to other gifts please explain ThatMan.

Quote:
1 Cor. Ch. 12
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:45 AM
Master

Personally I cannot think of even one miracle nor have I ever met anyone who had any sort (whatever they may supposed to be) of spiritual gifts.

That there are lots of situations, conditions, appearances, insights, conceptions, beliefs and convictions bandied about I have no doubts - being part of the bandying-about observer myself.

A great Mind and then matter - there is nothing else.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I assume these are the gifts ThatMan is referring to.
If ThatMan is referring to other gifts please explain ThatMan.

SPOT ON

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-01-2020, 04:33 PM
Master
Gifts of Spirit are displayed in many belief systems.... even on this forum. Gifts of prophecy is one of the gifts. Another is healing.

Old 12-01-2020, 06:18 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Personally I cannot think of even one miracle nor have I ever met anyone who had any sort (whatever they may supposed to be) of spiritual gifts.

That there are lots of situations, conditions, appearances, insights, conceptions, beliefs and convictions bandied about I have no doubts - being part of the bandying-about observer myself.

A great Mind and then matter - there is nothing else.

A miracle is generally defined as something beyond the normal realm of logic or law, including physical laws. Your post depends on how you define your words.

Jl
Old 12-01-2020, 08:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I can't understand why there is a disbelief when it comes to the spiritual gifts, why are so many people that don't believe they can do what Jesus did and even greater things? Usually, when someone has a spiritual gift and then talks about it, then people appear and accuse this person that she/he is working for the devil, just as it happened on the time of Christ, they have an obsession with the devil.

I, myself, believe, with all my being, that we can do what Jesus did and even greater things, and I have set myself a goal to be able to manifest the power of the Creator in this world, it does not matter what it takes.

What is your opinion? It's the power of God still given to mankind? What does it take for one to manifest this power?

ThatMan,

I have refrained from commenting on this subject until now. It is a worthy ambition and/or desire but, IMO, very difficult to achieve. The first problem is the ego. As soon as one says "I want to do this or that" it becomes a personal goal and if successful to any degree to subsequently say "I did this or that". Genuine miracles can only come from God. So, IMO, one must adapt the attitude of saying...."Make me an instrument of thy peace, etc." always acknowledging that the gift comes from above. You must be willing to accept, that at best, you are a middleman.

The power of God is still given to mankind but mankind must totally recognize and accept the authority of God. This is the only way that divine power can manifest itself...…….because God works when you accept the authority of God. Basically it is the reason that mankind is in such disarray....i.e.....mankind has not recognized and accepted the authority of God.

The other problem is how well people can actually accept and recognize grace. We all are both individually and collectively graced in many ways continually but we do not have the eyes to see or the ears to hear. In other words, the ground into which you wish to plant this seed is not as fertile as you might hope for. Therefore you will have to experience disappointment. Perhaps instances of healing can demonstrate this in some way. To what degree do you think that those who receive healings are expecting that to happen? I would wager that it is a large percentage of those that are actually healed...…..many people in need of healing simply do not believe in that possibility and do not make themselves available for such.

In other words, I am suggesting that a lot of things have to fall into alignment for miracles to happen. This will not be an easy endeavor but we are reminded that "with God all things are possible". Just don't forget the God part of it...…:)
Old 12-01-2020, 09:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
ThatMan,

I have refrained from commenting on this subject until now. It is a worthy ambition and/or desire but, IMO, very difficult to achieve. The first problem is the ego. As soon as one says "I want to do this or that" it becomes a personal goal and if successful to any degree to subsequently say "I did this or that". Genuine miracles can only come from God. So, IMO, one must adapt the attitude of saying...."Make me an instrument of thy peace, etc." always acknowledging that the gift comes from above. You must be willing to accept, that at best, you are a middleman.

The power of God is still given to mankind but mankind must totally recognize and accept the authority of God. This is the only way that divine power can manifest itself...…….because God works when you accept the authority of God. Basically it is the reason that mankind is in such disarray....i.e.....mankind has not recognized and accepted the authority of God.

The other problem is how well people can actually accept and recognize grace. We all are both individually and collectively graced in many ways continually but we do not have the eyes to see or the ears to hear. In other words, the ground into which you wish to plant this seed is not as fertile as you might hope for. Therefore you will have to experience disappointment. Perhaps instances of healing can demonstrate this in some way. To what degree do you think that those who receive healings are expecting that to happen? I would wager that it is a large percentage of those that are actually healed...…..many people in need of healing simply do not believe in that possibility and do not make themselves available for such.

In other words, I am suggesting that a lot of things have to fall into alignment for miracles to happen. This will not be an easy endeavor but we are reminded that "with God all things are possible". Just don't forget the God part of it...…:)

Spirituals gifts, for example healings, are nominally done thru the Father, Son and Holy Spirit which does not include the ego.

Last edited by BigJohn : 12-01-2020 at 11:24 PM.