Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 11-04-2016, 09:07 AM
Knower

Lightbulb Do You Add Coconut Oil to Your Drink?

Anyone adds coconut oil to their coffee or smoothie?

I add a teaspoon of MCT oil to my coffee which is 5x stronger than coconut oil and this fuels me until afternoon. There are many benefits that it has not only for weight loss but it helps me to focus and think clearly. I think it's because MCT elements are not digested like normal food but goes to liver straight and does not go to fat storage cells. Thus I have noticed that I think and focus better on an empty stomach.

How many of you tracked your mental and cognitive performance before breakfast and after breakfast? It only me who feels that food affects my intellectual performance?
Old 11-04-2016, 08:25 PM
Guide

Food affects my performance too. Carbs, sugar make me sluggish and drowsy. I dont eat breakfast and I always focus better at night tho.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:06 AM
Knower

For me it's not just carbs and sugar but other food as well like dairy, potato etc. I don't know what has bigger influence but I have noticed that there's a consumption threshold for me. So mentally I function better on empty/almost empty stomach. I try to eat normal sized meals 2 times per day and less than 3/4 each time but it's not easy to stop the enjoyment you only have 2 times per day. You want more and in my case my willpower determines the outcome. I also exercise 3 times per day which helps to suppress appetite as well.

I am trying to figure whether what I feel others feel too or I have some food incompatibility as I feel the way I described i.e. no mental clarity, hard to find proper words to communicate and comprehend feeling like a slowpoke and lethargy if I start sitting. I do exercise 3 times per day 1 1/2 hour total and I feel this helps me recover from above condition.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:48 PM
Master
I have a lot of energy in the morning. I will run or work out then...and get as much in as I can during the morning hours. I have noticed that as soon as I eat something, forget it. I will start to feel tired and sluggish. Even if I have a plain small bowl of oatmeal and blueberries. Sugar, dairy, carbs bring me down...I will crave protein.

I've not tried the coconut oil in coffee...it doesn't even sound good, is it? I've got coconut oil...I hardly ever drink coffee anymore because I don't like it black and really don't want the sugar or creamer..

what does "MCT" stand for exactly?

And yeah, I start to sound like a dolt.
Old 13-04-2016, 05:57 AM
Knower

Medium-chain triglycerides. And you can add it to your smoothie or cacao with milk too. I use bottle from NOW Foods.

I am not allowed to post links. Go to Google and paste this:

"10 Proven Health Benefits of Coconut Oil (No. 3 is Best)"
Old 14-04-2016, 01:08 PM
Master
Thanks TechnicGeek. It's funny I just bought Fit in 21 or something like that...mentioned drinking e.v. coconut oil...I was reading through the inserts yesterday.
Old 24-09-2016, 03:29 PM
Newbie ;)

My organism doesn't accept a coconut oil really good, so I am not using it at all
Old 05-10-2016, 07:30 PM
Experiencer

I like coconut oil. Thank you, will try to add to my tea or coffee.
Old 26-11-2016, 10:57 PM
Experiencer

I tried coconut oil once in my coffee and didn't like it at all. But I only use coconut oil for any cooking and I use whole coconut milk always in the curries that I make. I think it's wonderful. But I can't say that I notice it does anything specific. Mind you, I do eat an overall pretty good diet and have done for years so I have nothing to compare to.

Isn't it kind of ridiculous that food is where nutrition starts, thus is so important to good health and yet doctors get hardly any training in real nutrition during their med school years. I read one doctor comment on a forum somewhere that in his schooling, he was treated to about six hours of education on nutrition and it pretty much only focused on vitamins with little discussion on food as a source for them. Probably only talked about things like 'Vitamin A deficiency will have this symptom or that.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:08 AM
Newbie ;)

I have never tried coconut oil in coffee.