Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 16-05-2017, 07:22 AM
Pathfinder

woke up to a spirit?

Hey, so I wasn't too sure on what to make of this and so I am reaching out to any thoughts or input. I was awoken in the middle of the night during a dream. I was in the "half-asleep" state when I saw this police man who felt to be Nigerian walking towards me from where the door was. He was smiling at me and kept walking closer. My cats were at the end of the bed. They were very calm both staring at the door, but I couldn't tell if they could see him. I freaked out and quickly turned on the light. The man felt benevolent and it felt as though he was in my dream prior to waking up to seeing him with my physical eyes.

Do you think I was still dreaming with my eyes open? Do you think he was a spirit or ghost? Just looking for thoughts.
Old 18-05-2017, 06:27 AM
Master
It could be a friendly spirit, wanting to pass messages. Has a family member ever been to Nigeria or worked in the African continent. It feels they could know a passed loved one it seems. A father like figure stands out here. Could be family , could be someone you have known maybe.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:02 AM
Experiencer
It would be best to try and be respectful. Drop the word "ghost" or the like when referencing. This isn't a Hollywood movie your describing here. Spirit comes through loud and clear when our minds are free of the clutter and chatter which normally is at night. Mediums have to learn to silence this in order to give readings. It's like a spirit can't get a word in edgewise if we don't.

Seeing spirit with the naked eye is a bit shocking at first. They can allow you to see them. Changing either their vibration or yours. I would imagine it would be yours. They would raise it momentarily for the encounter. Now a few of us are vibrating at a higher speed than average so we can see the energy from spirit if we do choose to. It allows us to be able to change our perception. It's almost like how our eyes adjust to different light or putting on a pair of eye glasses but you can feel your body internally adjust to the change as well. It's difficult to describe.

Alot of times they want recognition. They do not have a message. It's like "hello, I exist and I'm still here" . You describing your encounter and putting thought into it is all the recognition they need. Now if there is something more they need from you he will be back dropping the hints as to what it is he wants from you.