Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 07-05-2017, 10:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean
This is a practice I've been doing for a while, but ironically it sometimes leads to the recall of random memories... things I'd long forgetten... This past life memory was also the result! Even I started this whole thread, I do much prefer trying to stay in the present with the feelings.

Maybe sometimes we think we have detached when we just try to ignore, and that leads us deeper into the rabbit whole. I know this was part of what I kept doing last year because I desired something far more than my current ability to allow it in. So my emotions just led me deeper in, rather than make me soar. I know I ignored my body which I back then did not value at all... ironically I now see it as the most essential part of me Something about there is a feeling within the body, and everything else unfolds according to how we relate to it.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:24 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
Here are some more ideas in case you would like other perspective how to heal in addition to the good ideas from everyone so far. Hopefully you and others will find this helpful.

I have done this though I hesitate to say "done" as I have repeated the process many times for the same lifetime. Each time I would say "whew glad that's overwith" but then years later I would discover another huge new aspect waiting to be addressed. It was my prior lifetime and involved a similar end-of-life trauma as result of an attack.

The event left me with immense shame even though there was nothing I could have done to forsee or protect others I felt completely responsible for what happened to them. Thoughts of shame and despair followed me and set the stage for conditions in my current lifetime. More recently I have realized that I was using the shame to protect myself from looking at the overwhelming feelings from what was happening to myself at the time.

Has been a challenge to let it go. Many others were affected simultaneously by the same event. I'm pretty sure I have a role to help others involved to heal along with me through the process of resolving my own inner conflicts. So that may be why it has taken me so long to heal.

I have had very good experiences with shamanic healers. They can help to open a space for you to go deeply into the process. Having a bit of formality and another there to witness helps to give it more power. And they also give good closure to end the session properly so that you can move on afterwards. A good session will leave you with a sense of completion and free like a great weight has been lifted. And a session over the phone works just as well.

I lean torward belief in pastlife but I am on the fence whether pastlife memories are "me", or something symbolic or collective. But in any case if the experience presents to me then it is mine to deal with regardless. It has all been about integrating matching patterns in my current life as you suggest. I agree with what others said about trying to not worry about the details. As I healed and integrated, the symbols completely merged so that it mattered less whether the feelings had anything to do with a pastlife. And whenever possible I found it more productive to fully translate the origin of the feelings to a current-life perspective.

Regarding symbolism in your visions. In general the spine is also symbolic of courage. The totem is symbolic of powers from spirit as gifts from the ancestors. And a totem is approached respectfully by going into a sacred space. So this suggests to reconnect with the strengths you possessed not only in that lifetime but also to explore deeper ancestral connections.

Please interpret this in a positive light. There seems an element of passion behind the message. When reading your story of the symbols words struck me something like "Show some spine! You are more than this!", as a reminder of the couragous and noble person you were in that lifetime, a reminder of powerful connections with your ancestors, and a reminder that those qualities have always been and are still within you. The trauma did not affect or take those away it just caused you to forget who you are. In particular if you have remaining self-doubt you may need to acknowledge and look deeply into what is causing those feelings so that you can let it go.

To address I would suggest to play a kind of word game by going into a relaxed state and think about distinct words related to courage and feel deeply the energy quality behind each word. Imagine the essence of what kind of person expresses those qualities. The goal is to allow yourself go beyond your ideas about who you think you are. If thoughts or emotions are triggered just gently breath through them and allow the feelings to pass. The integration happens as you release the emotions. If successful this or any other process you do will lead to a deep peaceful understanding the larger picture.

You may need to revisit these issues multiple times to heal different aspects as they arise over time so that you can integrate in between. Sometimes you need to do yourself and sometimes it is good to get help. Take your time and go easy. This is a process for eternity.

Dear Winter Light,

Thank you so much for sharing your story! This all resonates a lot. Past life work is basically shadow work, isn't it? Reclaiming those wounds that we forgot.

I love your interpretation of the totem pole. I need to dip into that more.

I was just researching Totem Poles, and funnily enough, they are native to the NorthWest coast of America, which includes Northern California. Which is where I have ALWAYS felt like I belonged (started saying at the age of six that I wanted to live in California).

What you are saying about courage is really resonating with me. I will work on that. Thank you again!
Old 07-05-2017, 10:29 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
Maybe sometimes we think we have detached when we just try to ignore, and that leads us deeper into the rabbit whole. I know this was part of what I kept doing last year because I desired something far more than my current ability to allow it in. So my emotions just led me deeper in, rather than make me soar. I know I ignored my body which I back then did not value at all... ironically I now see it as the most essential part of me Something about there is a feeling within the body, and everything else unfolds according to how we relate to it.

Yes, this is exactly what I do - I find the feeling in the body and breathe into it. It takes so much courage to face it (that word again), and to hold it without actually becoming emotional.

Every one of my bouts of connecting with the feeling is preceded by a few days of ignoring it Eventually I get the message and connect with my shadow. I think that I keep hoping each time that that is the end of it, but I'm realising there is no end. I'm also realising that I want to let go of the idea of self improvement, because doing shadow work to self improve just reinforces the shadow...
Old 07-05-2017, 10:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi everyone,
I asked him why he was on the other side instead of reincarnating, but he didnt answer that. He only showed me that this is why, for my whole life I've felt like I was missing my partner a male. He also showed me my fear that death will separate me from my soul mate comes from this life. And also my fear that if I am happy, I will die.

All these things I know about myselfl suddenly clicked into place and were given a context.

I know he told me what to do but... how do I do it? How do I integrate all that life was to me, and use it to bring this current life into the place I know it could go?

Whether they are past lives or concurrent lives doesn't really matter. When we work with alternate lives and talk with guides/angels etc about them things get wonky. Best as I can figure out from what they've told me is that all alternate lives are happening concurrently and at once, meaning none is technically as past life, though it maybe in a Now we consider to be 'long ago'. Yeah, wild isn't it.

For Healing purposes it doesn't seem to matter what is actually the case - past life or concurrent life, or even alternate timeline. We can move information back and forth between all of ourselves and healing energies too. Often just discovering another version of self is enough to instigate an information transfer, but we can use Intention to do it also, the methodology isn't important - just feel into it and see what's needed and do it.
Intuition is highly useful as is psychic visioning and telepathy, though not strictly necessary. What happens to oneself has butterfly effects into other selves it seems. So helping an Alt self (re-incarnation self) has effects in one's current state and is a great act of self love though enacted on one we may not see as strictly being ourself.
We can often even use alt selves issues and health and trauma to create healing and shifting in ourselves because we will do things out of compassion for them that we might not do for our self due to programming and beliefs or not taking the time to do it, but we see the alt self more as 'other' and can feel great compassion for them and thus heal or support them.

I hope this makes sense.

Two days ago I actually did some somatic trauma release with a Practitioner focused on helping a self in another timeline who was under some very abusive circumstances and had just lost a child who'd not been born yet. I actually saw it shriveled in the womb.
I sent healing energy for the grieving and to the womb directly as did the practitioner - we could watch the alts auric field change. We also did some psychic shielding on her and strengthened her auric field more so she could stand in her own strength more and feel internally supported and not so much living in cowering fear of whoever her oppressor is.
She also had wrist trauma - someone had been yanking that poor woman around by her wrists for a long time, so using the Practitioner as a proxy 'bad guy' to grip my wrists I showed my Alt Martial Arts moves to get out of wrist, arm and shoulder holds.
Additionally I felt the emotions of a stong headed defiant woman who wouldn't allow anyone to oppress her and sent that fighting spirit and energy to my alt so she could have the blueprint. Neither the Practitioner nor I had any idea what exactly we were doing - we just felt into it and saw things and set about addressing them. It was very much like First Responder Medicine - fix something and move onto the next thing - the story wasn't important, helping was.

Afterwards I debriefed with Spirit to see how it all went as the whole process was pretty out-of-the-box. LOL Turns out by winter time she will be over the grieving and move into a new place and mental outlook which is marked by gentleness and diplomacy and in time she will become a Counselor or Spiritual advisor of some sort. Perhaps working with domestic violence situations?
On my end a light case of indigestion/heart burn I've had for months (solar plexis chakra over activity?) suddenly seems to have ended! Nice side effect! Was thinking I may need to get medicine for it as it had gone on so long - it was becoming bothersome.

So however it works, if you feel you need to do something connected to another life, I'd recommend doing it. Things done in love and compassion have good outcomes!
Old 07-05-2017, 10:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Yes, this is exactly what I do - I find the feeling in the body and breathe into it. It takes so much courage to face it (that word again), and to hold it without actually becoming emotional.

Every one of my bouts of connecting with the feeling is preceded by a few days of ignoring it Eventually I get the message and connect with my shadow. I think that I keep hoping each time that that is the end of it, but I'm realising there is no end. I'm also realising that I want to let go of the idea of self improvement, because doing shadow work to self improve just reinforces the shadow...

hehehe... I like this path. if you want to try something even more courageous at some point try holding your breath and breathing into the emotion at the same time.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:47 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Very briefly...you have to be willing and able to sit with the pain and/ or the other deep emotions when you have time to reflect. Often it's difficult and you have to re-direct your focus. Often it's exhausting and you crave rest...all these are normal. If you can set your intention to allow yourself to explore/address the issue during lucid dream time/yoga nidra, I find that's often the easiest time or way to go deep and explore. You may be surprised by what will surface from time to time, or even more regularly.

Peace & blessings
7L

Thank you very much! Yes, I do this work... Shadow work. It was after some work like this that the vision about the past life came.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:49 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
hehehe... I like this path. if you want to try something even more courageous at some point try holding your breath and breathing into the emotion at the same time.

Falling leaves, this is EXACTLY what I've just started doing :) I hold full on the inhale and, wow. It brings me so much deeper...
Old 07-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Falling leaves, this is EXACTLY what I've just started doing :) I hold full on the inhale and, wow. It brings me so much deeper...

personally I love this path. I am so glad it was brought to me
Old 07-05-2017, 11:13 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
personally I love this path. I am so glad it was brought to me

I've started doing it in actual Yoga poses, and working the breath into that, including the breath suspension. I feel like I am now only just scratching the surface of what Yoga is... and how you use the energy body and breath to heal within the physical postures. The most powerful part actually happens after the pose, where I kneel and just watch the interplay of energies (whilst still doing the breath and bandha work). Very profound.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:16 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Whether they are past lives or concurrent lives doesn't really matter. When we work with alternate lives and talk with guides/angels etc about them things get wonky. Best as I can figure out from what they've told me is that all alternate lives are happening concurrently and at once, meaning none is technically as past life, though it maybe in a Now we consider to be 'long ago'. Yeah, wild isn't it.

For Healing purposes it doesn't seem to matter what is actually the case - past life or concurrent life, or even alternate timeline. We can move information back and forth between all of ourselves and healing energies too. Often just discovering another version of self is enough to instigate an information transfer, but we can use Intention to do it also, the methodology isn't important - just feel into it and see what's needed and do it.
Intuition is highly useful as is psychic visioning and telepathy, though not strictly necessary. What happens to oneself has butterfly effects into other selves it seems. So helping an Alt self (re-incarnation self) has effects in one's current state and is a great act of self love though enacted on one we may not see as strictly being ourself.
We can often even use alt selves issues and health and trauma to create healing and shifting in ourselves because we will do things out of compassion for them that we might not do for our self due to programming and beliefs or not taking the time to do it, but we see the alt self more as 'other' and can feel great compassion for them and thus heal or support them.

I hope this makes sense.

Two days ago I actually did some somatic trauma release with a Practitioner focused on helping a self in another timeline who was under some very abusive circumstances and had just lost a child who'd not been born yet. I actually saw it shriveled in the womb.
I sent healing energy for the grieving and to the womb directly as did the practitioner - we could watch the alts auric field change. We also did some psychic shielding on her and strengthened her auric field more so she could stand in her own strength more and feel internally supported and not so much living in cowering fear of whoever her oppressor is.
She also had wrist trauma - someone had been yanking that poor woman around by her wrists for a long time, so using the Practitioner as a proxy 'bad guy' to grip my wrists I showed my Alt Martial Arts moves to get out of wrist, arm and shoulder holds.
Additionally I felt the emotions of a stong headed defiant woman who wouldn't allow anyone to oppress her and sent that fighting spirit and energy to my alt so she could have the blueprint. Neither the Practitioner nor I had any idea what exactly we were doing - we just felt into it and saw things and set about addressing them. It was very much like First Responder Medicine - fix something and move onto the next thing - the story wasn't important, helping was.

Afterwards I debriefed with Spirit to see how it all went as the whole process was pretty out-of-the-box. LOL Turns out by winter time she will be over the grieving and move into a new place and mental outlook which is marked by gentleness and diplomacy and in time she will become a Counselor or Spiritual advisor of some sort. Perhaps working with domestic violence situations?
On my end a light case of indigestion/heart burn I've had for months (solar plexis chakra over activity?) suddenly seems to have ended! Nice side effect! Was thinking I may need to get medicine for it as it had gone on so long - it was becoming bothersome.

So however it works, if you feel you need to do something connected to another life, I'd recommend doing it. Things done in love and compassion have good outcomes!

Crystal song, this is so interesting - thanks for sharing it. I do feel (in one way or another) that this is the source of my gut and digestive issues. Glad you had some relief on a physical level, and good to know that it's okay to wing it and work intuitively.

I loved what you said here: "though it maybe in a Now we consider to be 'long ago'."

The concept that it's a parallel time, or a memory of who we thought we should be (a memory from long ago) all came to mind.