Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-04-2017, 05:08 AM
Pathfinder

I don't think anybody can give an empirical response to this question. Those who have crossed over are in no position to respond. And those who're responding haven't really crossed over. What will happen after death is a surprise. The best we can do is not be intimidated by it.
Old 27-04-2017, 09:39 AM
Master
We do keep our body form of this life just like we had kept the body forms of the pastlives.
Old 28-04-2017, 04:33 PM
Ascender
No one has mentioned that odd phenomena, the phantom limb, where amputees will still feel connected to their missing appendage long after its loss. After all, if we have lived for a very long time then it seems only natural that our unconscious, or the spirit, having shared a concurrent existence within the physical form, will take on shape. Just like a plant or a tree spreading roots and branches, the human soul surely must grow spiritual limbs and extremities.

I can only imagine that life has to reach out for life, simply to exist. And without an earth beneath and a sky above, life has no reflection, no nourishment, no existence. Perhaps our transition to a higher plane, and a new vibration, is just a spiritual need to breath a much denser kind of oxygen, nitrogen maybe, taking on a more imaginable form.
Old 28-04-2017, 04:44 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaVibes91
I don't think anybody can give an empirical response to this question.

I agree,

That said I do believe that the afterlife is governed what we belief in this life.
As creators of our experience as timeless and multidimensional beings it is up to us what we experience. So after death some will live in their present form in the heaven or the hell of their choosing. Others will in their present form roam the astral planes.

Then there are those that have a different belief and they will go on to experience that.

With Love
Eelco
Old 28-04-2017, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator
I have actually experienced a tangible contact with a deceased loved one, and was intrigued to discover that they had a "whole new body". That is, their body was identical, warm, vibrant, alive and completely tangible. It was a happy and amazing surprise to discover that.

But there are states beyond what I have been given glimpses of. And there, I am pretty sure form is or may not be required....or even very fluid, so forms can be changed at will.
In a very limited way I also have had personal experience of the fluidity of form on the Astral planes.
Old 29-04-2017, 02:23 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I have actually experienced a tangible contact with a deceased loved one, and was intrigued to discover that they had a "whole new body". That is, their body was identical, warm, vibrant, alive and completely tangible. It was a happy and amazing surprise to discover that.

But there are states beyond what I have been given glimpses of. And there, I am pretty sure form is or may not be required....or even very fluid, so forms can be changed at will.
In a very limited way I also have had personal experience of the fluidity of form on the Astral planes.

Hello Tobi,
I agree to a certain degree,( that doesn't sound right ), but the night of my best mates funeral I paid him a visit,he was wearing our normal getup,work boots, denim jeans,T-shirt and work shirt,of course I recognised him instantly,he approached me and we spoke telepathically I suppose,I asked about his auto accident,and what he was doing where he was,he just said I have to stay here awhile,he said he couldn't go on yet,it was very sad,being an empath I could really feel his hopelessness, it broke my heart really,then another voice/telepathic message,said "it was purgatory", and I awoke in the morning and I had fallen asleep with his photo clutched over my heart on my chest,it was unreal!

Kind Regards Billy
Old 29-04-2017, 04:18 PM
Suspended
Biggest question is "depends".

If you consider the soul to be just a mass of energy or data then it may just feel more comfortable in one guise than the other. However, given the freedom of expression to choose their appearance means eventually some aspects may change.

If you consider those that have even died within the last 100 years they may not be fully comfortable expressing themselves as anything more than human. Honestly, it depends on how attached they are to their bodies at this rate.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:08 PM
Pathfinder

It makes sense (to me at least) that those who have crossed over would want to retain or re-create their physical form simply for familiarity in connecting with loved ones on both sides. After a while, perhaps, they might not want to bother expending that extra energy unless they need to to be recognized. I can only assume that my loved ones over there will make themselves familiar to me when my times comes but whether or not that remains necessary I do not know. Perhaps we "dissolve" into pure energy and then re-form our earth bodies when appropriate?
Old 10-06-2017, 11:06 PM
Experiencer

I think when you cross over, you take on a human form but you are at a higher realm of existence.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:39 AM
Pathfinder

I believe in reincarnation, so I don't think we do, except to meet our loved ones when they cross over so we will recognize them.

'Course, the only way to know for sure is to cross over lol!