Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-04-2017, 08:43 PM
Deactivated Account
spirituality sucks

teachers and books can be exceptional tools. there is no denying that for many people.

but here is the pit falls that i see

1. you may become a people worshiper. somebody whom no longer values themselves as much as the one they follow.

2. you may become a book worshiper. somebody whom has a book replacing their brain. its all about the book. making their own life and experience of no value.

3. then you got a myriad of things that are equally messed up. like excuses to have no identity of your own. excuses to be lazy. and the list goes on and on. cause its what being spiritual is

its pretty weird. i saw this going in and made a promise to myself not to get all messed up. so i waded my way through what i needed to get what i want. and i didnt have to suck into the garbage can of nonsense for it to happen. to get what i was looking for.

my advice to people getting into spirituality. dont get sucked into the black hole of nonsense. see it for what it is. doesnt matter how many books were written. or how many people bowed to so and so. doesnt matter.

yes. bliss and silence is possible. but it doesnt require your head up somebodies azz. or a book for a brain. a loss of idenity. or anything else being sold for that matter.

teachers and books are great tools. but it is not there as a replacement to ones own identity, experience, and life. they are only tools to reference at times. if it helps.

my 2cent rant

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 10-04-2017, 09:30 PM
Lorelyen

Absolutely right. It's an exploration. Books are words - pretty useless unless they contain tokens and signifiers that a reader pre-understands.

We are full of maps. We must learn the ways. A book can't tell you what's on those ways. They'd have to BE the reader to do that.
But just running maps isn't enough. We have to learn from what we encounter.

Much of the problem is that so much "spirituality" and pseudo-spirituality has splattered on the world since the witchcraft laws were dropped that people looking for easy answers to their problems too often seize on the first thing that glitters.

One occultist said (in "7 Mistakes, avoid common pitfalls..."): "What do you want?
It’s a simple question, but most who enter the world of magick and alternative spirituality never ask it, or never fully define the answer. As a result, they’re caught up in the “dazzling lights” of the New Age Pinball Machine, and bounced around between experiences, groups and teachers, never finding themselves or getting to their core issues and drives."

Old 11-04-2017, 03:14 PM
Suspended
This sounds more like new age that you're describing than spirituality in general.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:14 PM
Experiencer
Spirituality or new age seems to me has become a tool for fulfilling ones desires. Books, especially really old ones are wonderful source of knowledge. I rather stay away from anyone who gives personal interpretations of those but secretly or not wants something in return for it or set conditions for receiving it. Also from those who abandon families and such as an excuse in order to ascend or whatever is their goal. I care about people who care about people the way I do. Not in a same form, but with same pure intent and emotion or energy. Having a heart full of love and being true to myself is spirituality to me. Critical and independent mind is also very important.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:40 PM
Master
I tend to find most individuals capable of thinking and feeling for themselves despite what any book or certain faith or belief that is believed or held to states.

Or perhaps I merely over-estimate people and have an optimistic outlook on such things.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Deactivated Account
i dont see any difference to the context i bring up. whether its old or new. if somebody becomes manipulated and or disregards ones own direct experience it is a host for problems. at least in new age there seems some flexibility.

people wish to lose value in themselves due to peer pressure from the heads bowing. or to the popularity of something written down.

it is their right to become of less value to whatever it is. but its also the right for somebody to call bull. not that anybody is suggesting it isnt.

to me whats the point of even being here. if you become to have little to no value in ones own experience. and instead suck up to anothers forgetting your own.

all the time i suggest meditating with gurus and so on cause the shakti tbey can provide is helpful. so its not like i have sometbing against help. keeping tbings in context.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 11-04-2017, 07:53 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
teachers and books can be exceptional tools. there is no denying that for many people.
teachers and books are great tools.
all the time i suggest meditating with gurus

Not really sure what you are saying in your post but I get confused easy lol. So books and teachers and guru's are great exceptional tools for many people?
Old 11-04-2017, 10:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohdiyana
Not really sure what you are saying in your post but I get confused easy lol. So books and teachers and guru's are great exceptional tools for many people?

yes. if you read further you'll see my opinion of how it also can be a problem if taken to far. many lose the value of their own experience.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 12-04-2017, 09:19 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohdiyana
Up to the point where you don't need them any more. Nobody can teach you about you because you are the answer - this is a Journey to Self. Books and gurus are religious, not Spiritual.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:40 PM
Master
It is okay to read books and have gurus if that is what works for you and they are quite helpful and informative. Very few people will seek to replace their experiences with books but the majority use them for information purposes. It is no different from people who over rely on the Bible and other holy books and stop thinking for themselves.