Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 16-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
I see them both in corners and in front but only in my mind's eye (eg my eyes are shut).

I used to see bits of the spirit's clothing such as a coat or uniform but as time went on I had glimpses of a face. I believe this happened at the right pace as i was very nervous to start with and wouldn't have immediately been able to cope with seeing a face.

Thats interesting.. when people say mind's eye that means their eyes are shut.. I didnt know that... Well what do you think about I see them with my eyes open for the most time and if Im looking for a certain individual I meditate and my eyes are closed when they come up.. I see them then a vision plays..

That reminds of one time I saw my AA Gabriel in human form out the corner of my eye.. I was sitting in my truck in a local park and my soul was so tired I was just beyond words..lol.. and I saw him out the corner of my eye and when I turned to look again he was gone.. but, the comfort and renewal I was left with was powerful..

We shouldnt ever be sad but, its a human feature that we cant seem to shake.. or practise..lol..

All The Glory belongs To God Forever!
Old 16-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Neville

Is this what is termed as peripheral vision ?

http://www.assap.ac.uk/newsite/artic...phenomena.html
Old 16-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Is this what is termed as peripheral vision ?

http://www.assap.ac.uk/newsite/artic...phenomena.html

I wasnt specific but, I think that term is correct.. I try to avoid terms..lol.. and just talk about the experience..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 17-08-2012, 04:13 AM
Henri77

I suspect it has partly to do with how the brain processes information.
(my personal theory)

Things seen in peripheral vision are processed differently, as we make no judgement
on what it is. It's considered an anomoly and not categorized.

While things in full view ,the brain is forced to catagorize (tries to) and spirits , ghosts often
don't fit our belief system , and are ignored by the brain (in many but certainly not all cases)

Children make no, or fewer judgements as to what is real and easily see spirits, while adults are often afraid of the unknown , or refuse to see what they don't (any longer) believe in.

The comments here somewhat corroborate my theory....
Also, I feel the brain prefers to be in alpha-theta to see astral things,
Yet normal reality-vision occurs in beta... so the brain must choose one state or the other.

I've found by defocusing, my brain more easily slips into alpha, or in dim light as well.
I suspect neuroscience has an explanation..about altered states/vision. and would be curious if I'm at all close.

Some here, say they see spirits as clear 3d entities ... but I suspect that's a minority.

I generally only can see angels spirits in full view if I switch to 3rd eye priority and presumably alpha, while defocusing. Or clairvoyant vision of a distant scenario, by the same means.

When I was learning mediumship, the teacher preferred we kept our eyes open while giving messages.... relating what we saw-heard, so I learned to do that.

Old 17-08-2012, 04:22 AM
Sybilline

I’ve only ever seen one once (I think), and it wasn’t at the corner of my eye but it was kind of far and dashed across the dining room really really fast.

The only other time I think (I don’t know if it was a spirit) was when I had a really bad nightmare and sleep paralysis, then I woke up all scared and right in front of me was a very still silhouette, of a figure with long hair, like it was sitting on top of me and then it faded to nothing, like it was just an imprint that just disappeared.

(totally don't know how all of that pasted)
Old 17-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Toolite

I had to re-think this..Peripheral vision applies to all that can see or has vision of sight..

Seeing through the realms is different than usual sight. So I would say its not related to peripheral vision..

Old 17-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
I’ve only ever seen one once (I think), and it wasn’t at the corner of my eye but it was kind of far and dashed across the dining room really really fast.

The only other time I think (I don’t know if it was a spirit) was when I had a really bad nightmare and sleep paralysis, then I woke up all scared and right in front of me was a very still silhouette, of a figure with long hair, like it was sitting on top of me and then it faded to nothing, like it was just an imprint that just disappeared.

Dark shadow? They used to be people too..

Old 17-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
I suspect it has partly to do with how the brain processes information.
(my personal theory)

Things seen in peripheral vision are processed differently, as we make no judgement
on what it is. It's considered an anomoly and not categorized.

While things in full view ,the brain is forced to catagorize (tries to) and spirits , ghosts often
don't fit our belief system , and are ignored by the brain (in many but certainly not all cases)

Children make no, or fewer judgements as to what is real and easily see spirits, while adults are often afraid of the unknown , or refuse to see what they don't (any longer) believe in.

The comments here somewhat corroborate my theory....
Also, I feel the brain prefers to be in alpha-theta to see astral things,
Yet normal reality-vision occurs in beta... so the brain must choose one state or the other.

I've found by defocusing, my brain more easily slips into alpha, or in dim light as well.
I suspect neuroscience has an explanation..about altered states/vision. and would be curious if I'm at all close.

Some here, say they see spirits as clear 3d entities ... but I suspect that's a minority.

I generally only can see angels spirits in full view if I switch to 3rd eye priority and presumably alpha, while defocusing. Or clairvoyant vision of a distant scenario, by the same means.

When I was learning mediumship, the teacher preferred we kept our eyes open while giving messages.... relating what we saw-heard, so I learned to do that.

Thank you for sharing.

Old 17-08-2012, 06:42 PM
merrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline

Hi Sybilline...I, too, saw one (white) dash across the dining room really really fast. It took me by surprise. I thought it may have been the cat but she was down the basement.

Merrie
Old 18-08-2012, 08:38 PM
mac

interesting