Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-04-2011, 04:17 AM
CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Ways to figure out what your "Spirit Animal" Is.

I've read on the forums here of people having visions of their spirit animals. Weather it be a dog or a dragon, i keep reading about people having them.

I would like to figure out mine but haven't the slightest clue where to begin. I really feel like this would answer alot of questions about spiritually that i have, but more importantly, bring up new ones that i can explore with my guide.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Tink

Hey Bandit :)

I don't have a lot of experience in spirit animals but I do remember meeting mine in a meditation. I can't remember where I found the meditation...in a book or on the internet, but it basically was where you relax your body then imagine a place where you feel safe and ask your spirit animal to come and meet you. Then you wait until an animal appears. Maybe just ask your spirit animal to visit you in a dream? Or try meditating :)

Sorry I can't help more
Old 08-04-2011, 10:57 AM
The Feather

Ask out loud to see your spirit animal - and start paying attention what happens around you. You may open a newpaper and a picture or a story is in there about some animal. Then you flip on the TV and a program is on about animals, and funny enough it is about the animal you just read about in the newspaper.

Now I'm not saying this is how it is going to happen for you, but it is about paying attention to your life and to pay attention to the repetitions from many different sources, that is where the messages is.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:32 PM
nightowl

These are good suggestions. Another possible thing to consider is if you have had an affinity for a certain animal all your life, is there one you feel particularly drawn to. Some are with us all our lives and they are usually our power animals. There are others who come to us with something to teach us and when the lesson is done they move on. If you use any type of oracle cards there are certain spreads for finding out your animal guides with certain animal decks. Usually once you open up the having them in your life they will appear.

nightowl
Old 08-04-2011, 03:51 PM
CAPSLOCK BANDIT

I tried asking before going to sleep but i don't regulalry dream in the first place so i'd probably have to try for a couple weeks before i actually have a dream, lol.

I'm gonna try asking in meditation today. Everytime i try and ask my guide i don't get a response it's quite fustrating. There are other things that i ask and don't get a response either, so it's not anything new, just fustrating.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:49 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK BANDIT
I tried asking before going to sleep but i don't regulalry dream in the first place so i'd probably have to try for a couple weeks before i actually have a dream, lol.

I'm gonna try asking in meditation today. Everytime i try and ask my guide i don't get a response it's quite fustrating. There are other things that i ask and don't get a response either, so it's not anything new, just fustrating.

What are you observing for as your response?
Make sure your mind is completely open, and pay attention to all of your surroundings. It is as simple as asking them a question, and observing. The answer may come to you in thought form - you may think it is your own mind. The answer may come to you in the form of an image. The answer may come to you in something you hear. You may also feel something. The answer may also, not come right away, so pay attention to your surroundings everywhere, look for signs, for example, it may come to you in a song on the radio. Do not dismiss away anything that comes.
One of the simplest things you can do, is get a piece of paper and a pen, and ask your animal guide, what it is, what it's name is, interview it. Write down the first answer which comes to your mind. You can begin to learn how to communicate in thought this way, and build up your intuitive and channelling abilities. By the time you start working them with communication out loud, or in your mind, is when other natural sensory abilities will start to strengthen. You will find out which is your natural ability, you may have more than one.

You could try meditation techniques. You can also try visualization techniques. In the angels and guides forum, you can find tons of advice on how to establish connection and communication. Do whatever works well for you when you do meditation exercises to meet them. For example, if music is your life long companion, relax to some music in the background, and just allow them to come to you. If you are better relaxed laying down, or in a hot tub, or a bath tub, do it. But it's nothing that needs to be strained or worked hard at to achieve, rather it's the opposite, just relax into it, your mind doesn't have to be completely blank canvas for them to get in, just relaxed and open.
Try and talk to your animal spirit regularly, even if you do not know what it is, that is strengthening the relationship in itself and this will lead to possibilities. You may also have more than one animal with you. It's possible, highly possible, you already know what this animal is, often our main animal spirits are animals we feel drawn to.

As for dream contact, first steps if you don't regularly dream (you always dream it's just you can't recall them) is keeping a dream journal, forcing yourself to wake up from any dreams you do have at night and writing them down in as much detail as you can muster in that exhausted state. Dream recall is the first step necessary. Because if you ask them to come to you in dreams, they do, you just won't remember them. So keep a journal. During the day, look back on your dreams you have written down and see if you can try to get into a remembrance of the dream. This heightens your dreaming abilities. Eventually you will be able to remember your dreams.

I wrote a thread on how to contact spirit guides and animal spirits through visualization here:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=12937
Old 11-04-2011, 04:13 AM
Tink

I understand :) I used to get so frustrated when I didn't receive an answer straight away. But remember guides and spirit animals are working on a different energy level and frequency to us so the message may take longer to appear. If you're open to receive, you will find the answer
Old 11-04-2011, 04:23 AM
Estrella505

Well... I Dunno if this applies but I've always been the cat lady. Cat's I've never met before come to me and they end up purring around my neck. When I was 5 we had a crazy black cat named Zelda that was vicious to everyone else, but slept on my pillow by my head. I even speak cat by meowing back to my 14 year old cat. People call me the cat whisperer.

I also periodically see a mountain lion walking around in my dreams. Ironic really since i'm a leo. But I also see dogs in my dreams.... and I'm good with dogs too.

Kinda hard to tell sometimes.
Old 15-06-2011, 04:42 AM
CAPSLOCK BANDIT

About 10 minutes ago i started meditating, and asked what my animal guide was and i kept on visioning a vulture in my head. Right when i asked it's name, the name Ignatius came up. (Ig-na-tee-us)

But now whenever i ask all i see is a lion and i don't get a name. I'm thinking my mind is playing with me.
Old 15-06-2011, 05:14 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK BANDIT
But now whenever i ask all i see is a lion and i don't get a name. I'm thinking my mind is playing with me.

hi BANDIT,

Very cool on the visual of a vulture and getting a name so quickly.

Perhaps the lion, chooses not to share his name at this moment in time ?

Isn't it fun when the mind plays games with us ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction