Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 03-05-2017, 04:01 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
it sounds good to those of you who aren't trapped and put in a cage I guess.

What you don't understand is you are ALLOWED the things you have, if someone took away the allowance and replaced it with animosity, you would have nothing.

you are lucky, noone seems to want to do that to you. Some of the rest of us, not so much.

So how does that work? How does one become trapped by another?
Old 03-05-2017, 04:13 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
On the subject of life being a computer program.

What would be some of our "terms and conditions" before we agreed to this life? Or did u just wanna use the program and agree without reading the contract?

I'm not convinced the "contract" wasn't made under false pretenses. If it was, to me, I feel that should make the contract illegal and void (by all ethical and legal standards).

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"
Old 04-05-2017, 04:11 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
I'm not convinced the "contract" wasn't made under false pretenses. If it was, to me, I feel that should make the contract illegal and void (by all ethical and legal standards).
If this were the case then how could we litigate it? Did we put down a deposit before entering or was there previous advanced payments of some sort that we would then be on the hook for? We've been using resources since our arrival, would those be factored in? We've affected the lives of others either directly or indirectly, would those be erased retroactively upon a legitimizing outcome of our lawsuit?

Do we forfeit our lives should we win, or would the terms include living out our lives in a blissful way where nothing of a negative nature transpires? And who would represent us, or are we to go this alone? Would the jury be those of our peers, or would we face the same folks that originated this contract of false pretenses? And could a verdict be appealed by either party?

I wrote all this to judge Judy and she hasn't responded yet, I'll let you know if I hear anything. :))
Old 04-05-2017, 12:44 PM
Ascender

Lol thank you.

Seriously, I'm not saying for sure that this is the case (that we were brought here under false pretenses) but I'm not convinced yet that it isn't either.

The way I see it, if there are cosmic laws, then they should be comparable to our own laws which are based on ethics. Ok, then there's the problem that not all of our laws are based on ethics, some are political and put into play by those that own everything. Ok, but if you don't look at those and look at the ones that are based on ethics, why would cosmic laws also not be based on ethics?

So let's assume that the cosmic laws are based on ethics. Then there are, supposedly, higher entities, which claim they cannot interfere with our lives due to interfering with our free will. This is where I have to call bull.... If, let's just say, there was a contract and it was false pretenses, then our free will was violated anyway. The fact that our free will was violated should free any authorities up to freely step in and take action, should it not? The same as our human laws, in which if a law is violated, the authorities have all right to step in and take action.
So at that point, what is really stopping any "authorities" from stepping in? That is my question, as our free will would have been violated.
The way I see it, we could not possibly litigate this for ourselves, being that we would be facing entities not of this world, it would and should be up to the entities that are supposedly on our side.
I look at it the same as our law, a false pretense contract would make the contract void, thus freeing us from any legal obligations agreed upon in the contract. Thus, why would we be responsible for any payment made under false pretenses? We should not.

Who would be the judge and jury? This poses a problem as the judge and jury are always supposed to be impartial and neutral. Are there any entities anywhere not involved one way or the other? I have no idea but it would be a very good question and issue.
Appeals are always possible, but there has to be a good reason for them.

Even if we did forfeit our lives as they are on Earth, our souls are eternal and will continue to exist. How that existence would change, I don't know, but seems to me it would become more peaceful at that time.

:) :)

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"
Old 04-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
Even if we did forfeit our lives as they are on Earth, our souls are eternal and will continue to exist. How that existence would change, I don't know, but seems to me it would become more peaceful at that time.
:) :)
But then we were oriented in such a way before we merged with this experience so there must be a viable reason for being here, otherwise why do it?

I've spent many years attempting to unravel this mystery and have finally given up on the idea that such a knowing is possible. The motivations that our souls seem to nurse appear to be quite different from those that we would generate while being purely physically focused.

We can see the difference, to some degree, when we simply review our own current life and watch as priorities have shifted over time. As a child things were important that have little relevance to us now. The boyfriend/girlfriend paradigms of our teens are notably different then what they are now. If we've raised children then our perspectives as to what it is to be human has been seriously reorganized by this experience.... so when we consider the souls experience compared to our current priorities then we may as well accept that the contrasts would be even more profoundly different as well.

I was reading a book on past life regressions recently and this one individual was learning that she had incarnated with this guy, that she now new in this life, some fifty times and was "killed' by him in some 35 or so of those lives. So here we have a soul that knowingly tosses her into a physical experience with a known killer. So what's up with that??

We have vulnerabilities as a physical entity that doesn't seem to exist on a soul level. And this may be the advantage/reason for our traversing this particular layer of existence. If we attempt to apply physical priorities to a souls motivations then I'm figuring we'll continually be frustrated by the lack of associative logic. Our souls don't need eyes, ears, limbs, hot and cold sensitive nerve cells, doesn't need to eat, sleep or use the restroom facilities. There's something else going on at that level that simply doesn't register on this one.

It's only a mystery because the content is so different. Our souls may not be occupied with our comfort or continued safety, the way we are while traversing this massive amount of localized details. So our desire to sue for the sake of fairness and reparations may well be laughingly dismissed at the steps of what ever court of law that may happen exist for the sake of 'fairness' on this oddly-oriented "other side" of existence?
Old 06-05-2017, 05:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
So how does that work? How does one become trapped by another?

it is pretty easy actually, either you give up your 'personal power' for lack of a better phrase and someone takes advantage of that, or someone finds a way to usurp your 'personal power' and takes advantage of that. There are a lot of users and abusers out there...

and no it isn't as easy as just saying 'no'. We all love each others opinions to death... opinions get transfered like they are viruses. Many people get used, abused, and then blamed for their situation, all the while being given ways to paint it in a 'positive' light and let it go.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:24 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
it is pretty easy actually, either you give up your 'personal power' for lack of a better phrase and someone takes advantage of that, or someone finds a way to usurp your 'personal power' and takes advantage of that. There are a lot of users and abusers out there...

and no it isn't as easy as just saying 'no'. We all love each others opinions to death... opinions get transfered like they are viruses. Many people get used, abused, and then blamed for their situation, all the while being given ways to paint it in a 'positive' light and let it go.

So if you can see all of this, if you can see how such things take root in ones thoughts, in how other people affect how we feel about ourselves, then why not use this awareness to your advantage? I agree with everything you're saying, because I see much of the same going on around me. But in seeing it for what it is I'm resultingly not bound to it. If we're not pleased with the web that we've tangled-ourselves-in then it's best if we start to unravel our programed involvement with such things. You can't just pull the plug without an intimate understanding of our attachment to such things because you'll likely recreate something similar purely out of the habits that are currently in place. But it's still within your reach to better know things for what they are and to better maneuver as a more independent participant.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:11 PM
Master
This is an amusing metaphor for life explained as a computer game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbKzQLpBcKM
Old 06-05-2017, 06:55 PM
Suspended
1. You will maintain Status Quo with others of your temporary kind. This means you are to undergo a sense of blissful ignorance to guarantee tranquility for yourself as you feed.
2. Do what thou wilt.

I'm here on vacation! Don't know what all your rules are or why. When entering the body the mind is already wiped of certain knowledge and understanding in order to fully exist as the being for that time period. Maybe it works different for some people?
Old 07-05-2017, 01:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
So if you can see all of this, if you can see how such things take root in ones thoughts, in how other people affect how we feel about ourselves, then why not use this awareness to your advantage? I agree with everything you're saying, because I see much of the same going on around me. But in seeing it for what it is I'm resultingly not bound to it. If we're not pleased with the web that we've tangled-ourselves-in then it's best if we start to unravel our programed involvement with such things. You can't just pull the plug without an intimate understanding of our attachment to such things because you'll likely recreate something similar purely out of the habits that are currently in place. But it's still within your reach to better know things for what they are and to better maneuver as a more independent participant.

that is the problem - I used to think I knew what was better. I eventually got disabused of that notion - things aren't at all what they seem as it turns out. I am very careful about what i reach for now.