Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Pathfinder
Yes, I do. I cannot ride on a boat. I will never ride on a boat. I also freak out at the idea of swimming in rivers, lakes, or oceans. Man-made pools of water feel perfectly safe to me, and I'll swim in those all day long (and exceptionally well, I might add! lol)...but the moment it comes to natural waters, I'm like NOPE. I have very disjointed and unpleasant boat-related memories, and all of them involve wooden boats, so I'm guessing really old time period, I don't know.

I also have this bizarre thing where, in a kind of male-version-of-me voice, the thought will fly into my mind that there are dangerous sea creatures within the waters. I often will laugh at the idea, like, wait what? where did that even come from?

I can only guess I must have had something really awful (drowning or some such) happen to me during a time period when the oceans were wholeheartedly perceived by sailors as being terrifying and full of sea monsters and evil spirits.
Old 17-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Administrator
I havent got any phobias from my past lives,but i have some dislikes i had back then and to this day i still carry it.

Namaste
Old 18-05-2016, 06:33 AM
Experiencer
Unseelie Queen, I'm glad to connect with someone who likes tribal cultures as well. I haven't thought of finding recordings, and I suspect it would be comforting. I've always collected what I could find of old tools (usually from antique stores), ornaments, and replicas of what tribes used. I've also had at least one death from childbirth in the past, in fact it was the latest past life I did a regression for. "Coincidental" you'd mention it. I'm theorizing that if you have strong ties to your tribal past, you likely lived in an area that had many nighttime predators (Africa, caveman days, the Amazon for example). For the longest time, I was terrified of the dark and always felt I would be watched even through the tiny string holes in the individual window blind segments. It's also interesting and lucky you were able to find a photo of the castle you remember. I have yet to find any evidence of my past lives in this Current one yet.

BlackHoleSun, you're probably right in thinking you lived in the era of sea monsters. It's an incredibly broad and long one, and it's possible you could have been a sailor, or perhaps an immigrant on a boat that capsized. Maybe just a traveler on vacation or a slave on a slave-transporting ship.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 18-05-2016, 08:24 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Ambassador
Unseelie Queen, I'm glad to connect with someone who likes tribal cultures as well. I haven't thought of finding recordings, and I suspect it would be comforting. I've always collected what I could find of old tools (usually from antique stores), ornaments, and replicas of what tribes used. I've also had at least one death from childbirth in the past, in fact it was the latest past life I did a regression for. "Coincidental" you'd mention it. I'm theorizing that if you have strong ties to your tribal past, you likely lived in an area that had many nighttime predators (Africa, caveman days, the Amazon for example). For the longest time, I was terrified of the dark and always felt I would be watched even through the tiny string holes in the individual window blind segments. It's also interesting and lucky you were able to find a photo of the castle you remember. I have yet to find any evidence of my past lives in this Current one yet.

Ohhh, that's such a good point to bring up-- the correlation between a fear of the dark and having past lives in which there were many nighttime predators! (To this day I have to sleep with a nightlight, and cannot fall asleep with my back turned against the door/nearest exit. I even had the same worry about being watched through tiny holes!!) Hadn't even though about that.
But yes, I'd highly recommend searching something like, "traditional ____ lullaby" ("Yoruba" lullaby for instance) into youtube; sometime you can find a recording of someone/a group of people singing it! It's amazing to hear; an instant calmness washes over you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8kv_syHuYA

The memories of death in chilbirth (or deaths in which you're trying to protect your infant child and you both die) are especially painful.. I have one in which I'm a mother somewhere in the Philippines and we both drown in a typhoon. To this day I occasionally dream of rows of children watching me solemnly along the shoreline, knee-deep in the water in that same place, wherever it is.)

Finding antique store treasures is the best! It's so nice to be able to hold such things physically. Sadly it's getting harder and harder to find those things.
Old 21-05-2016, 04:54 AM
Experiencer
It's interesting you had the same fears, I always felt a bit... out of place when my fear of the dark was more persistent and severe than that of my friends. I also sleep with a light on, though more out of habit and convenience now than actual fear. I was able to confront the fear and overcome a significant portion of it, fortunately.

I'll definitely look up those, and check out the link you sent. I haven't been able to pin down my tribes, and hadn't considered the possibility I might find them through a recording of their songs. Thank you for bringing it up.

I'm sorry to hear your death was traumatic. While they're unfortunately common, that doesn't make them any less painful. Especially to revisit. The memory of that connection with a child is beautiful, and it can be upsetting to know they didn't get the chance to be born. I've only visited one life like that so far, and while the part of it I visited was peaceful, I know I died from complications. It's saddening to know I have no descendants from that life; that family was lost.

ANd yes, I enjoy seeking out what antique stores have. I got ahold of an African tool I really liked, that appears to have real zebra skin on it. I didn't realize at the time, but it seems to be a fertility... wand? It's handled, with a flat sideways-view head on top, striped leather wrapped on the handle with raffia, a nub on top and bottom of the handle for arms and legs, and a small phallus at the base of the handle. While I don't know what it is exactly, or to whom it belonged, I feel strongly that it's from a village proper and that gives me something from the homeland to retain a connection. Pieces like that are definitely out there, and the spirits have a way of making the unlikely much more likely. It just takes asking and having confidence it'll happen.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 23-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Seeker

An avid swimmer--one might call me part fish--has been offset by a totally irrational and uncontrollable fear of what is beneath the surface of the water. Later on in life I discovered that I drowned in a previous life (c. 1200 AD) in a shipwreck off of Corsica or Sardinia. Not that drowning as particularly harrowing but seeing that I was only about 17 years old and was on a ship with a particularly hopeful mission (what was later called the "children's crusade"), I think I had a lot of energy invested in the mission of the trip and thus the long-lasting imprint of the disappointing end to this life. Plus, choosing Earth lives as priests and/or monks has been a fairly common pattern for me--each of which seems to have been frought with far more disappointment and frustration than I think I ever saw coming.
Old 23-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Seeker

Glad for this perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Ambassador
Not necessarily a phobia per se, but I've had social anxiety for a decent amount of my life that I couldn't figure out the source of. I never felt totally safe around others - still don't entirely, but have made progress - and felt that even just one was capable of being physically overpowering. It was a struggle for a long time, and a big factor that helped me understand it was revisiting the most recent past life of mine, where I had been murdered by a group of about five. Just knowing where it came from helped take off a lot of pressure, and I've been able to make a lot of progress by remembering the event is over now. It's a bit like treating mild PTSD, honestly.

For the longest time I've also had a deep fascination with tribal cultures. Native American, African, and especially rainforest ones such as in the Amazon. It was the predominant culture I was drawn to, and it took me a while to discover why I was. I had belonged to more than one in my lifetimes, with very pleasant experiences from those lives.

Phobias I feel aren't necessarily the most common remnants, just the ones that get the most attention from the afflicted. If someone is very interested in Japan, for example, they're going to be more likely to say it's because they like the aesthetics or values, and not necessarily realize that they like those things because they used to live there. Whereas if they have a fear of cars, it stands out more. Especially if there is no past event in this life to attribute it to, and that will get them wondering if it might be carryover from the past. Generally, it is also the parts of the soul that are hurting that are more likely to be carried over; things like being comforted by the presence of vintage furniture seems to be brought over as a way for the spirit to be more comfortable in the present, or possibly to act as gateways to uncovering past lives that do have hurting aspects to deal with. An example would be if someone was drawn to an African tribe past life, and they explored it to see if they lived there. They discover they did, and in the meantime also discover it was influenced negatively by a missionary, which then reveals to them their source of aversion to religious figures.

Thank you, Crystal Ambassador, for a reminder of the patterns of attraction and comfort and familiarity that also carry forward from the impressions (unfinished business?) left over from past lives. And I'm glad that the OP also recognizes this--that phobias alone are not all we get from "past" lives.
Old 24-05-2016, 01:26 AM
Experiencer
You're welcome, Journeyman Paul, and thank you as well. I hear more about things like phobias in relation to past lives, and not as much about the attractions, despite them being such a huge potential source of relief to those who aren't at ease. The sense of unity and belonging that comes with rediscovering the artwork, music, and traditions of an old home culture, the sense of treasure finding that comes with uncovering a lost ritual or song lost to time. I believe we can fill in the gaps of cultural information that archaeology has lost to time, all it takes is accurate reception on the part of the regresser and trust in the validity of the process from the archaeologist. The two can work together to help the descendants - both spiritual and physical - of those cultures flesh out their knowledge. I know Earth is more diverse and similar than we're aware of, and a big factor is that much of the knowledge of the details has been lost physically. Fortunately we're beginning to tap back into the spiritual knowledge.
Old 24-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Guide
Also, I forgot to mention that one past life phobia I have is the feeling my mind is poisoned like by my thoughts. Due to a past life in England back in 1800s where when I was born and as an infant my house got set on fire and I was the only one who made it out by intuition and then I moved with my aunt and uncle and then I met this witch who said she saw something special about me and said I had a special aura. And I went over and visited the witch a lot and I intuitively knew how to heal using herbs and also I could see auras. But then one day the people in the town burned her house down also and killed her. So then as I grew older I moved to London and read people fortunes and did readings for them and then I met this man who was more "dark" and he did occult things but I fell for him and went to his meeting things and then one day I suddenly got all these diseases and sicknesses and I somehow got poisoned and died. But, I think someone from his little group put some curse on me.
eyes ablaze with intensity,
a labyrinth of her deepest emotions.

Old 24-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Knower
In one of my past lives (from the 1930s) I was a thug. I was having an affair with my bosses wife and he knew about it. That morning I left my building after a message on a brick came through my kitchen window (sorry forgot what that said) I met my boss in the street. He had a job for me and told me to kill his wife. I loved her and had to decide what to do because if I didn't kill her, I was to be killed. I left New York City on the run and headed out west.

The phobia I have is New York City. I never want to go there even though I don't have any logical explanation except for that past life regression.