Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 11-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Master
Please continue, Explorer21...

This is all so beautiful.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:42 AM
Guide
Estelwen, I'm delighted that you enjoy this information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelwen
This is fascinating :)

Old 19-11-2016, 05:35 PM
Master
Well someone has something wrong because there are a dozen channeling stories of similar topics and they always never agree on anything.

I don't trust channeling because you don't know what is coming through and many times it is just the subconscious regurgitation coming out. Sometimes its good and interesting and often it can be bizarre.

None of this coincides with History.

As much as many people would LIKE to believe that the Catholic Church was some sort of Far-Right religious Coup that overthrew Rome with a made up view of Jesus it's just not true. The Roman Church did create all the creeds and doctrines which had nothing to do with the Gospels and Letters but it doesn't take away the inherent Historical truths.

The Gnostics are by all archaeological evidence (mind you a huge chunk of scientists who study scripture are ATHEIST and have no personal agendas) by all archaeological and anthrologic evidence to be a later tradition.

Jesus's teachings can be seen as similar to the Buddha for instance because Buddhism spread into Greece and Hellenism which also influenced parts of Judaism.

In fact a lot of you don't know this but religious Art depicting Christ came way before paintings and statues of Buddha, Krishna and whoever else because it was Hellenistic Greeks who developed that. The Buddha statues I have in my office are all positions a certain way with two fingers up and in lotus positions with a big halo behind them. Some argue- "You see! Christianity stole from Buddhism!" Not so fast. It's actually the opposite despite what your Liberal Arts teacher says. According to Experts the reason why Jesus is such a studied Figure is because of his Radicalness that you don't see in Buddha or Muhammad.

Forget Christianity, forget religion. This is about historical figures. Jesus's teachings are a radical compassion, a radical embracing of the Poor, the marginalized, the outcasts, and an extreme but intimate personal relationship with God that is not seen in any other religious text or prophet of any religion.

I get very defensive about Jesus because of how much people don't know from research, history, and their own soul searching. I hear the same platitudes, attitudes, and Platforms from both the "New agers" the "spiritualists" and the "Religious" and none of them even know the surface of it. Ah well maybe I am talking to nobody since no one listens. Look at how much damage the fictitious DaVinci Code has done. The author himself had to come outand say it's all hogwash for entertainment just like people who believe there are Atlanteans living in the center of the Earth.
Old 19-11-2016, 11:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
I get very defensive about Jesus because of how much people don't know from research, history, and their own soul searching. I hear the same platitudes, attitudes, and Platforms from both the "New agers" the "spiritualists" and the "Religious" and none of them even know the surface of it. Ah well maybe I am talking to nobody since no one listens. Look at how much damage the fictitious DaVinci Code has done. The author himself had to come outand say it's all hogwash for entertainment just like people who believe there are Atlanteans living in the center of the Earth.

It took me a long time to realize that what I was reading in the new testament is not what was being said. What I was reading into it was what my culture told me to read. Later, I found it says something entirely different than what people believe... but it was actually painful to read it even partially correctly because it made me understand I had no clue what i was talking about.

I'm not surprised that people won't try to understand things for themselves. It is very hard to learn the lesson that one has no clue what one is talking about and then try to find out without resorting to having someone correct oneself...

as far as the damage you see, it was all predicted early on and so presumably accounted for in whatever Plan God has got going