Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 10-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
Overtime the symptoms lesson too!

...and not everyone has to go through all these dramatics or at every stage. It can be slow, subtle, hardly noticed and oh so gradual too. Let's not panic now... It's like giving birth to a child, very individual and followed by peace, calm, a new beginning...
Old 10-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Experiencer
You can certainly slow the kundalini process if it is going too fast for you. Ask your guides/angels/higher power to calm it for you, as someone else suggested, or make the request to your own energy yourself. I did that and it worked just fine; I had some alarming experiences with kundalini at the outset but after the first powerful couple of experiences everything afterward was very slow and gentle, which was the way I wanted it, so that suited me just fine. When I would meditate I would feel the energy rippling up me but it was slow, not explosive like my first experience of it. This slow progress went on for several months, then I consciously decided to stop the work I was doing for a while as it was having emotional effects on me which were making things difficult due to what was going on in my life at the time. Because of this, I have yet to have a full kundalini "awakening" though I plan to begin working with it again soon.

For me it was the emotional aspect of it which was the most challenging. I never had visions, but very powerful physical reactions (such as the choking Uma mentioned; when the energy was working on my heart and throat chakra I would spend a lot of time doubling over and coughing when it hit an obstacle, and I was actually physically sick a few times; brow chakra work was accompanied by a lot of headaches) and huge emotional swings from working through the energetic blocks and traumas which were with me. I discovered that after a major kundalini session I would be very emotionaly vulnerable and the slightest thing could affect me. That was the part which gave me the most trouble.

I'm happy to see this thread here with valuable suggestions. I too began hunting for answers when I had these experiences because I had no knowledge of chakras, the energy body, etc. It's alarming that such a powerful experience is so little known to the world, so much so that many people have no idea what they are experiencing or that it's an extremely positive thing, no matter how scary it might be.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:07 AM
Master
I figured I would ask in this thread since it sort of relates...

Earlier, when the house was quiet, I engaged in a longer "kundalini awakening" meditation that focused on encouraging kundalini to glide upward through each chakra.

But as I began to focus on the upper chakras, I noticed that my body was becoming internally warmer. My heart sped up a bit (it wasn't racing, but I was aware that its beat had quickened), too. It was becoming more difficult to concentrate - probably because my position was uncomfortable. But I got myself to focus until the end.

Afterward - the meditation provides 10 minutes of just chill music - I noticed that my body became rather cool. Now, this whole time, my house didn't get any warmer or cooler. I haven't been internally warm in a while... but I thought it was rather weird. It wasn't unbearable, but it didn't feel "natural" (for lack of better term).

What happened here? I didn't really feel any energy, but I went from internally warm to cool in a mere few minutes. Does this actually mean anything?

Old 10-01-2011, 01:28 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaah
I figured I would ask in this thread since it sort of relates...

Earlier, when the house was quiet, I engaged in a longer "kundalini awakening" meditation that focused on encouraging kundalini to glide upward through each chakra.

But as I began to focus on the upper chakras, I noticed that my body was becoming internally warmer. My heart sped up a bit (it wasn't racing, but I was aware that its beat had quickened), too. It was becoming more difficult to concentrate - probably because my position was uncomfortable. But I got myself to focus until the end.

Afterward - the meditation provides 10 minutes of just chill music - I noticed that my body became rather cool. Now, this whole time, my house didn't get any warmer or cooler. I haven't been internally warm in a while... but I thought it was rather weird. It wasn't unbearable, but it didn't feel "natural" (for lack of better term).

What happened here? I didn't really feel any energy, but I went from internally warm to cool in a mere few minutes. Does this actually mean anything?

this always happens to me when i work on my heart chakra, it warms up, even vibrates, can often lead the real heart to speed up a bit, i find it to be rather pleasant though.
energies can often be felt in different temperatures, i usually feel my chakras heat up, or even feel energies from objects as warmth.
when my energies warm up, makes me feel all tingly and warm inside
Old 10-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
I get freaked out sometimes by the symptoms. I am overwhelmed by the process and it seems to happen so fast sometimes I can't keep up! When I get overwhelmed, I give myself permission not to acknowledge the visions (or whatever) in the moment. I get so excited by the process I am going through that I want to remember and understand every detail. But sometimes it is just too much to handle without an emotional breakdown.

It seems to help sometimes, to simply be aware that I am experiencing a lot of things that are beyond my current understanding and leave it at that. I need to allow time for rest too, so I can't 'process' everything all the time.

Thanks for sharing! It does sometimes feel too much to handle especially when you're bombarded with so much. I think it's a wise move to accept you don't know and can't work out everything that's happening and let it go. That is something I'm trying to do
Old 10-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sira
One observation to reduce the fear factor: we are activated through about all possible colours to make us full rainbows of Light. There was a time when I needed to assimilate black and that experience was a startling one, because I was meditating and all of a sudden this black came at high speed and entered through my third eye. Well, I stopped meditating there and then and asked my guides what just happened. They said that it's okay (goodness, I'm hearing Black Velvet on the radio right now!), black is just another frequency of Light and very useful to have during astral travel.

Thanks for this, it's such a good reminder that what seems to be a negative experience is in fact part of the positive.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
Starbuck! Great thread to start, thankyou, I was hoping the other Kundalini thread would turn into support as well, although it is more information.
I have gone through the intense part of kundalini awakening, still am going through it, if I have any advice to give, try and view it as a loving experience, with an open mind :) I know how terrifying it can be.
Do some relaxation exercises, lay down and calm your body and mind, and try to erase the fear of what you are experiencing.

Breathe through the intense parts, inhale, exhale deeply, take your focus off the intense feelings, relax your body, relax your mind into a state where you can just be unattached and aware from a distance of the intensity that is going on.

Repeat positive affirmations to yourself, talk to yourself in your mind positively when these things are occurring, even talk to the kundalini, for an example of one of my own pep talks “this is a loving feeling and is not dangerous, I am not afraid, and I will allow this as it is in my best interest” sometimes i say to it, "oh my! how intense, but it feels quite interesting." you eventually... get to a time, when all the feelings you experience become normal and then pleasurable.

Breath in, breathe out, just focus on your breathing. What is happening is not terrifying, it is just alien to what you and your body is used to, thus viewing it in a relaxed and distant way, allows you to become more used to it, without the fear.
Be open to whatever comes.

When I first started out it felt like lightening bolts tearing through my body, hammering away painfully, not very delightful, extremely terrifying (since i didn't even know what chakras were, that was the whole reason i found this site), the sensations became more intense if I tried to stop them, or if my body contracted on impulse to stop the flow. I would recommend breathing through, and relaxing all of your muscles, your whole body, relaxing your mind, allowing the vibrations and sensations to go where they have to, and it becomes more calm feeling.
After a while, all of these things become amazing and pleasurable, the most pleasurable thing you would ever feel. It just takes getting used to things in an open mind frame, and conquering your fear!

You may notice lots of things around your ears, immense pressure, pins and needles, vibrations and loud ringing, energies. Do not worry. The sounds can become so intense, you may fear your head will explode and other illogical thoughts you may think will happen, but nothing dangerous can happen to you. Spend some time relaxing, and getting used to such things, and just focus on what is going on in a distant state. Breathe, and erase all fears from mind.

Do some grounding exercises as well. Try and get out into a forest. Do things that ground you to earth. If your kundalini allows you to enter public (for some feeling energies become sporadic) try and distract yourself from the symptoms by keeping busy, going shopping, talking to other people.

I found listening to music helped me. Also, when i delved more into meditation, the physical sensations lessened, and also helped me to become more familiar with the spiritual aspects.

Visions. Yup, some of the things that pop up can be shocking.
These visions cannot hurt you, and they are loving. If you want to take precautions surround yourself in white light, feel trust in Source, feel trust in the universe, protect yourself by smudging yourself and your house with sage, or wearing a protective crystal – or any other ways to protect yourself. That way you can know these visions mean you no harm. It can be freaky at first, but in time, you get used to the alienating feeling, and they all become pleasurable. You will just have to trust me on that, I guess. But it takes you to a step of trying to just observe things, without putting your own emotions onto it all. This ability to see things, becomes so loving and magnificent! Ask your spirit guides to surround you when this happens. Ask to gain a communication with your loving guides, and you will then switch a terrifying experience to be a loving one.

In all, it is dealing with your fear. Most times fear comes from somewhere deep within, most times it is just alien experiences that pop up, and we are not used to them. But then again, look at someone who is completely fearless, they would have no problem experiencing new and odd things. Which is why, fear usually stems from somewhere deeper inside of us, that we should deal with.
Have faith these experiences will turn out for the better, and there is no harm that could come to you.

You could ask for the experiences to be lightened, but in my experience, kundalini goes where it wants to go whether I wanted it to or not, trying to stop it, only made the symptoms worse, and the best thing I did, was master my fear, and go with the flow, and find trust. I am still not done with the process of Kundalini, but I find it exhilarating, amazing, pleasurable, and would hate to see the day it stopped! It’s an amazing process, I find, I am way more open to experiencing new things that I used to be firm on staying put in my place, because of fear of the unknown! I used to be terrified of astral travel, for example. Because of the alien feelings it brought up, the physical feelings seemed painful at first to me, and I did not know what to expect, so it took me long time to just get it over and done with. But when I finally just went through it, it became such an amazing thing.
When you trust in frightening events, it brings you far.
Combat your mind! I hope some of the things i wrote, will be helpful. If not, i am still open to being a support to you, and anyone else going through this, if it just means listening and being there!
Kundalini has become such an amazing, delightful, and even orgasmic experience for me. Not to mention the wide range of spiritual knowledge and talents it brings! What a bonus! It's hard getting through the initial stages, but you can do it!

I myself, went through severe panic attacks at first. I must have went to the doctor thinking i was going to die, every second day. I had to really work on mastering my fear in the ways i described, i'm sure there was more i did to get through, i will try and think of more, and post more when i think of it.
Overtime the symptoms lesson too!

Thanks so much for this information and support, it is really helpful! It's nice to hear form someone who has been through the same symptoms. I get all the ear sounds, visions, sense of fear etc. You give some really good advice.

I had a much better night's sleep last night after I did a strong grounding exercise (visualised by my feet chained deep in the Earth), the surrounded myself with protective white light and asked my guides to help out. I also held a black grounding crystal while I meditated. I felt a lot better afterwrads and went to sleep feeling protected and comforted. While the effect of asking no doubt helped, I definitely think my request was heard straightaway! I didn't have any nightmares last night for the first time in about a week - I have been experiencing awful dreams of being hunted and attacked by evil people and spirits :( But last night was fine and I felt refreshed. I didn't get many visions apart from an eye which I keep seeing - not a scary eye, it seems to be a female eye???? Aside from that, no visions.

I meditated this morning and saw lots of lights and dots, which I get a lot now, but again no visions like I got yesterday. My ears are buzzing still but not so loudly.

I will definitely aim to trust in the process and not be alarmed by what I see or hear or feel. It helps to know others have gone through this. I think I need to just keep talking to my guides and the Source and know nothing negative will happen.

Thanks
Old 10-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
You can certainly slow the kundalini process if it is going too fast for you. Ask your guides/angels/higher power to calm it for you, as someone else suggested, or make the request to your own energy yourself. I did that and it worked just fine; I had some alarming experiences with kundalini at the outset but after the first powerful couple of experiences everything afterward was very slow and gentle, which was the way I wanted it, so that suited me just fine. When I would meditate I would feel the energy rippling up me but it was slow, not explosive like my first experience of it. This slow progress went on for several months, then I consciously decided to stop the work I was doing for a while as it was having emotional effects on me which were making things difficult due to what was going on in my life at the time. Because of this, I have yet to have a full kundalini "awakening" though I plan to begin working with it again soon.

For me it was the emotional aspect of it which was the most challenging. I never had visions, but very powerful physical reactions (such as the choking Uma mentioned; when the energy was working on my heart and throat chakra I would spend a lot of time doubling over and coughing when it hit an obstacle, and I was actually physically sick a few times; brow chakra work was accompanied by a lot of headaches) and huge emotional swings from working through the energetic blocks and traumas which were with me. I discovered that after a major kundalini session I would be very emotionaly vulnerable and the slightest thing could affect me. That was the part which gave me the most trouble.

I'm happy to see this thread here with valuable suggestions. I too began hunting for answers when I had these experiences because I had no knowledge of chakras, the energy body, etc. It's alarming that such a powerful experience is so little known to the world, so much so that many people have no idea what they are experiencing or that it's an extremely positive thing, no matter how scary it might be.

Thanks for sharing Westleigh. I agree with you about there being little information or advice out there apart from perhaps the main Kundalini websites that are posted on the other thread. Nobody I know has heard of Kundalini which is quite incredible considering the life-changing impact it has. I feel very isolated.My local area only has groups for Kundalini yoga but considering they are for all beliefs or none, I can't imagine they would be all that useful for a true Kundalini experience. It is alarming.

It sounds like you had an awful time of it physcially and I hope the effects didn't last too long. I have had some energy surges and felt nauseous yesterday (which might've been fear perhaps), tingling in my crown and third eye, but aside from that I'm getting a lot of psychic phenomena.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Deactivated Account
I was lying in bed earlier trying to have a sleep, when an image of a sun appeared in my mind. It was a very intense sun with rays. At the same time I was overcome with a feeling of nausea. I can only imagine the energy was going through my solar plexus at the time! It happened so quickly and in conjunction that I only realised the nausea was connected when I saw with my physcial eyes what my mind's eye was seeing.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Mouse

I've found this interesting to read and thought I'd add my own experience to this, although I do feel like a fake as it's not as dramatic as everyone else's!
I've had a strong sensation of vibration at my core/base of spine for over a year now...there was a lot of heat at the beginning but this has pretty much gone. Also get frequent tingling/crawling sensation at the crown, sometimes I only need to think about this for it to happen... Not so much visual phenomena (dreams a little different) but there are feelings of ecstasy when i meditate every so often .... And, oddly enough given that I am not at all religious, a sense that I am in the presence of God when this happens.
I should touch wood when I say this but it seems to be a gradual, gentle awakening for me.... (maybe because I'm a wimp, who knows!) and my only conviction about the whole thing is that it is completely individual for each person and that I know absolutely nothing really despite all the stuff I've read, it's not in my hands at all......although there is a feeling of immense power there too....
There is a lovely blog on kundalini - it is written by a woman who is a poet - google 'kundalini splendor'...nice to read...
I feel Reiki can help to start this off sometimes, I started feeling this vibration not long after completing a Reiki master course.