Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 10-12-2014, 12:49 AM
Guide

i tend to have my ups and downs. when i'm really down i either start my usual prayers or go for a walk. when down, you have to force yourself to do your practices that make you feel happy. like nike- just do it!
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 11-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Friend

I'm going to go full on spiritual here, though I understand it can easily be taken as too high-minded and fluffy. I want to anyway, in case it helps.

Your self is the only thing which casts a shadow from god's light in reality, be it how you understand 'god'. If it is the unity of all things, and it is the truth of all things - then recognize even the negative must utilize the power of it to exist.

The negative relies on the positive, there could be no depression without life - and depression would mean nothing if there was no happiness.

Center in your mind the reality that the basis of all things is that positive, the love. The banks of the river are not the river itself, and depression is not the meaning of your life nor the essence of it.

Underneith and to all sides of your depression is happiness, and it still exists - beyond your body and within it. So do not limit your feelings to your own thoughts or emotions, extend them out to the positive things. The basis of that which we all take for granted, the universe holding our being together and providing us warmth and comfort.

Also, try not to over-reach. We don't need joyous bliss to simply not be unhappy, and we don't even need happiness to not be unhappy. We simply need to be okay with what we are seeing in our minds, and feeling in our bodies. Not to fight whatever we feel, and to hold ourselves while knowing that we do not have to respond emotionally to our state of self.

If in inescapable depression, focus on good things, enjoy pleasant sounds and smells, perfect the art of making tea or coffee, perfect the art of staying in bed. Enjoy what you feel you are forced to do by your depression if at all possible. And when you feel a little energy, do something for another person which is selfless and for your love of them. And regularly consider and find your love for all beings, objects and space.

I hope that helps, but I will understand if it doesn't.

Peace and friendship from this stranger.
Old 21-12-2014, 02:07 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic
Is there a spiritual cure for it? I'm not sure therpy is cut out for me nor is talking it out. Also how exactly are you suppose to mantain it on a daily basis? It'd be cool if people with experince with depression respond but anyone with viable information would satisfy.
HI, Classic. I have lived with clinically diagnosed depression for 20 years now, so I'd be happy to share some of my personal experience with you.

I like that you are looking at the spiritual aspect of depression self-care. I think it works best when we apply a multi-faceted approach to managing depression, since it affects so many aspects of our lives.

I hesitate to use the word "cure", because I have not heard if there is any definitive cure yet.

I personally employ a holistic approach to manage my depression. * Healthy eating and exercise (proper nutrition and exercise can stimulate feel-good brain chemicals) to take care of my body; * spending more time with positive caring people and doing things that make me feel happy, and limiting my time with negative people and stressful situations, uplifts my emotions; * Some folks require medication and talk therapy. A doctor would help with this. I have used both over the years. A good counselor can really help change negative thought patterns and help you root out the underlying emotions connected with depression. There are many counselors out there and sometimes it takes a few tries to find a good match with a counselor who fits you.

And for spiritual management of my depression, I rely on a consistent gratitude practice, where I journal and/or pray to Great Spirit to express my gratitude for all the blessings I have. For we do have many blessings in this world: food to eat, air to breath, water to drink, a body that for the most part does pretty amazing things (sees, hears, feels, smells, tastes). It might sound too simple, but a gratitude practice really helps me switch my focus from what is causing me pain and despair onto the spiritual truths that give me joy and reconnect me to Life, and strength to get help through the tough times.

Also, what do you think about a practice of creative expression? I just found an interesting article online this morning about the importance of creativity for people living with depression. And I firmly believe in the connection between creative expression and spirituality.

I'm having a low mood lately; this time of year tends to trigger those in me. So I've been making time to let myself just play with art (painting, writing, drawing, crafting), and my mood usually improves.

I hope you continue trying a variety of self care practices to find a regimen that works effectively for you! Keep experimenting and add to your "toolbox" of self care - you deserve to be happy and healthy!
Old 22-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Master
If you want to go the holistic route, take 5-HTP (it boosts serotonin) and get plenty of Vitamin D in your system, especially if you're in an area where it's winter and it gets dark early. Take care of your body. Exercise. Get enough sleep at night. Practice yoga. Try your best to stay in the present moment. All of our pain resides in the past. I keep black tourmaline around my house to absorb any negative energies. Reiki healing sessions help too. Google the "Violet Flame" to heal and transmute any negative energy.
Old 22-12-2014, 06:09 PM
inthemoment777

Please this is not a criticism, its an honest question that doesn't require an answer, its for the self. Would you know depression if thought was absent?
Old 18-02-2015, 04:21 PM
Ascender
There is another spiritual option I have come across recently. If you reach out to your shadow self it will help you. It will give you no sympathy for depression as they see it as weakness and they are protectors. They respect strength. But if you are strong enough to ask it for help it shows you are not giving up and they will respect that enough to help you. They can drag you out of the house and get you up and doing something which is half of the battle. Worth giving it a try....
Old 19-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Suspended

Trust in God is the only cure. We never have enough trust.
Old 20-02-2015, 01:33 PM
alhambra

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemoment777
Please this is not a criticism, its an honest question that doesn't require an answer, its for the self. Would you know depression if thought was absent?

I would say depression is a feeling not a thought, just my opinion
Old 21-02-2015, 09:40 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic
Is there a spiritual cure for it? I'm not sure therpy is cut out for me nor is talking it out. Also how exactly are you suppose to mantain it on a daily basis? It'd be cool if people with experince with depression respond but anyone with viable information would satisfy.

Patience, love and acceptance. I think it's entirely up to the individual on how they choose to go about it and in discovering what works for them. But those three elements have helped me tremendously. There is no magic pill for Depression as I feel it's a spiritual issue at it's core. But that isn't to say that medication won't help. I wouldn't rule out therapy either. Perhaps consider a combination of things until you find what works for you. Again, it really depends on the individual and perhaps the severity of the symptoms.

For me, I've struggled with Depression for most of my life. It's been particularly bad over the last few years, but I've also seen progress in a more permanent way as its directed me to God. It begins through love and faith. And it isn't so much about a "cure" as it is about balance.
Old 21-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Nobody seems to care what I ever have to say about how I
was able to not have to take an anti-depressant anymore
(can't even imagine I was depressed, but it was hormones or brain chem wackiness, I guess).

Then, I opened my mind to believe and then experiment with (practice on a trial basis)
things Jesus said....they were pretty clear and
laid out....
Do not worry
Be not afraid
Cast your cares
Give him my burdens
Be anxious for nothing - Paul

Would your earthly father give you a stone if u asked for bread?
Think how much your Heavenly Father with all His riches would give you..

Practiced just those...and still am a decade later...and am
happy 24/7...with a renewed mind and some priorioty setting...like
happiness and connection to the Divine is #1.

And there you have it.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru