Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 24-12-2019, 04:18 PM
Pathfinder
how to clean crystals

how do i clean my crystals?

my garden doesnt get the sun so sunlight is hard to use to clean them

how else could i clean them?
Old 24-12-2019, 04:49 PM
Master
I never use sun to cleanse crystals. They do need daylight to stay energized, doesn't have to be sunlight.
Cleansing can be done in many ways, depending on what needs cleansing. Water is very effective as for most it's emotional stuff that needs to be cleansed. Just check first if it's allowed to go in water, some will not take to well to it because they're too soft or in time will rust (pyrite, also lapis as it contains pyrite).

You can put it in soil, normal soil, never potting soil as this is rather acid.
You can use sage. Or put it on/against selenite, on hematite.

In water & soil is min. 12 hrs, refresh water regularly if bubbles appear.

Various ways :)
Old 28-12-2019, 09:13 PM
Pathfinder

I rarely clean crystals but do charge them in the sun. Cleaning is usually done for obsidians or tektites , any black stones or grounding stones in general and also some stones which block energy from surroundings like fluorite and ruby. You can put them on a bed of quartz as well, quartz can be cleansed in water. Some crystals like moonstone can also be charged/cleansed by putting them on a piece of mirror, mirror contains silver and reflects light. Even better is when you have a mirror and aim the reflected sun on a piece of tektite or obsidian just make sure you don't set your home on fire.

Most simple solution is to put a stone in a bag with a few pieces of carnelian, it doesn't work for all crystals but is especially effective for chrysoprase. Best mix is probably transparant calcite, quartz, kyanite, natural citrine ( not the fake one ) and carnelian.

imho citrine, carnelian kyanite, fire agate rarely need cleaning especially fire crystals like red garnet. Iron containing crystals ( tiger eye or mica, tiger iron preferred) rarely need cleaning as well only need some charging now and then. if you like these stones anyway you might consider wearing them daily
Old 09-01-2020, 04:59 AM
Master
I heard water before and that moonlight does cleansing. Or both. Like leave them in water under the moonlight. That's what I've heard people say and recall. Also something about some kind of dissolvant crystal (salt?) in water or something. I don't remember clearly. But something with water, but especially moonlight. Because if there truely is moon light somewhere, that place is about as pure as it gets. I only seen moonlight in a forrest, that was completely isolated from regular city lights. Thus on a clear night sky, the full purity of white moonlight reflecting the full purity of the white sun, reached through the trees, into the dark forrest and clearly reached the soil and plants, through gaps and openings in trees, that is a powerful place for clearing not only crystals, but myself aswell.

Pure. Because the clear sky does not reflect city light back into the forrest from above. And the trees block all light from cities reaching the forrest. And the moon shines clearly from above. And the trees have openings from above through which moonlight reaches clearly. So even holding it in your hand under the moonlight in your hands there in a forrest or park can be a powerful clearing of both you and the crystal itself, if the night sky is clear, permeable, and not reflective of city light. Even if only for a minute or two.
But also beaches are often clear in the night and places for powerful cleansing in clear night sky. Also because of the clear energy in beaches, as there is less unnatural energetic radiation in beaches and more natural magnetical alignments on beaches that allow for energetic clearing, re-alignment and grounding.

In the case of light, the sky has to be clear, that is important, otherwise if there are clouds, the skies are simply giant city light mirrors reflecting city lights all over the place. Not pure, not natural and not clear. So with the intention for clearing, obvious that the sky has to be clear right? And since crystals are all about light. 1+1=2. The forrest keeps the moonlight pure, on a clear night. Blocking city lights from horizons naturally. And allowing the fullness of the pure white light, being fully received, in a softer way that is more capable of being fully received by us.

But I have no knowledge of crystals. I mostly use them for the purity of colors that they reflect, so that I tap into clear reflections of color, to work with certain flows of energy. And I know that in the end, we all want every color to be pure, so that together, they offer a full pureness of full whiteness. That is what the moon offers us, by being closer to the earth. And reflecting the true nature of the sun, being white, in a more soft way, that is more capable of being received by us, more clearly. Thus I associate the moon with clarity.

But we all know, water is even more pure and reflective of clarity. It is so freaking clear that you can look through it for god sakes. If water doesn't clear crystals, than nothing will. For crystals belong in rivers. They offer their true well being through the rivers and waters of our land. So all of these carrying around of crystals is not necessary for me. But it can be fun reminder of purity for me and deepness of intention and expansion. And well, they are certainly not harmful.

It's funny, because why would anyone want to clear a crystal? I have known almost every single thing in all of creation has been spoken badly of and claimed to be evil, by atleast someone. But I have never ever experienced anyone in all of existance, ever mentioned that crystals are bad or evil. So may I ask, why on earth someone would want to "clear" a crystal?

It's like someone saying "I wanna clear clarity." what does that even mean? If you see something bad in a crystal, you could maybe clear your own perspective. The crystal can't do that for you. Infact, it can only reflect a more expanded version of your own perspective. But if your perspective is self contradictory, then you experience a more powerful state of confusion through a crystal. So I think what would help in that case, is to meditate, to release all self contradictory thought patterns, and then you can work clearly with the crystals again. Effortlessly, enjoyably.

But washing them with clean pure water can always be helpful I assume. I wash myself with water also. It's amazing. Very clearing experience. Lot's of clarity in water. One time I interacted with a non-physical consciousness of infinite intelligence, in the astral realm, and I experienced the energy of that consciousness to appear just like water. Very permeable. It had clear fluid personal boundaries, but very clear and permeable. Like liquid love. And isn't water a liquid crystal anyway right?
Old 09-01-2020, 08:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
It's funny, because why would anyone want to clear a crystal? I have known almost every single thing in all of creation has been spoken badly of and claimed to be evil, by atleast someone. But I have never ever experienced anyone in all of existance, ever mentioned that crystals are bad or evil. So may I ask, why on earth someone would want to "clear" a crystal?

Though Crystals themselves are not bad or evil.. they do take on energies around them and these are not always good and if someone uses a crystal for clearing things, they need to be also cleaning that crystal.

A dirty crystal can actually make someone sick or give a headache even to someone who may not be aware of these things eg someone could be often getting headaches and it could be because they are wearing a crystal necklace which has taken in bad energies.

Being sensitive to energies, picking up an energetically dirty crystal in a store can give me a headache and it can actually sting my hands if that negative energy gets on them.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin

Though Crystals themselves are not bad or evil.. they do take on energies around them and these are not always good and if someone uses a crystal for clearing things, they need to be also cleaning that crystal.

A dirty crystal can actually make someone sick or give a headache even to someone who may not be aware of these things eg someone could be often getting headaches and it could be because they are wearing a crystal necklace which has taken in bad energies.

Being sensitive to energies, picking up an energetically dirty crystal in a store can give me a headache and it can actually sting my hands (it's like having little shards of glass going into hand) if I pick up a very energetically dirty crystal.

Cleaning crystals.

I find smudging them with sage if they are very dirty often doesn't get in deep and will just do the surface and surrounding energy of the crystal so that isnt one of my prefered ways though I have done that at times before going to other forms of cleansing.

I havent tried moonlight so I dont know how that works for cleansing (I have heard someone say before that that doesn't work well). Sun works well .. note though sun will fade some crystals. I had a beautiful amethyst crystal which lost nearly all it's colour due to being put in sun too often.. now it's looking mostly like a clear quartz. I often will use salt water to clean my crystals but have gone wary about that as I have heard it can affect the consciousness of the crystal (which Im still not sure is true or not) but it does work very well for clearing a crystal (take care not to put a crystal which shouldnt be put into water into water).

I sometimes will get my crystals blessed for cleansing and sweep their energy and use my mind to clear them myself.. which is what I find easiest to do. (I usually use the sun and then I clear them myself any remaining negative energies.. crystals Ive used in salt water to clear in the past I still use that for those). If one uses another crystal to clear a crystal.. that other crystal needs to be regularly cleansed.

I check their energy.. sample it with my fingers.. and will continue clearing it till it is actually clear..
Old 10-01-2020, 04:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove

Being sensitive to energies, picking up an energetically dirty crystal in a store can give me a headache and it can actually sting my hands if that negative energy gets on them.
Thanks for sharing your perspective.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove

Then buy crystals in a shop where all crystals are high vibrational and none are 'dirty'. That's what I do.
On the other hand, you also are drawn to what resonates with you.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:03 PM
Newbie ;)

I understood from somewhere ?? that selenite (as in a bowl) or next to, and moonlight were the best ways to cleanse and re-charge your gems. Selenite should be kept clear of water too.
Old 11-01-2020, 11:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadger
I understood from somewhere ?? that selenite (as in a bowl) or next to, and moonlight were the best ways to cleanse and re-charge your gems. Selenite should be kept clear of water too.
Sounds good.

I can not foresee any problems.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜