Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 09-10-2019, 10:55 PM
Ascender
Compassion and reverance towards plant life.

Over the past year, I have been thinking more about my consumption of plants. Living as vegan I have taken into account my actions towards, humans, animals, insects, but now I'm wanting to show more compassion to plants.

Most people will argue that plants do not feel pain, but there is some evidence that plants in fact do feel pain. And if that is not the case, it still seems that the consuming a plant is objectifying it in some way.

I feel differently about consuming fruit and certain vegetables. Plants purposely make their fruit available in order to propagate themselves. But when we consume the entire plant, such as a potato or carrot for example, in a sense we have harmed that life form. We consume and destroy countless plant-life, never giving any thought to how they might feel. I should also include our fungus friends.

So when I think about that, it makes me question my habits. I can't completely eliminate my consumption of other life forms, but I can do things like show respect to every meal I consume, article of clothing, or the shelter that trees were sacrificed to provide. It gives new meaning to the expression, "stay off the grass." It also makes me think about my consumption of not just food, but things in general. What does it mean to over eat or buy things in excess?

We all have to consume some form of life to survive. I just think, every living thing on this planet is a spiritual being that is worthy of reverence and consideration.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:42 AM
Master
Plants actually do feel, and communicate. sage is a perfect example. When an animal eats it. It will somehow send signals out and other sage plants make a toxin to try and ward off the nearby predator.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:03 AM
Master
Bottom line is in order for us to live....something dies.

That's just how life on this planet works......everything living eats something else that had been alive

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 11-10-2019, 01:59 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1

That's just how life on this planet works......everything living eats something else that had been alive

Yes that's true. We need to survive, but most people mindlessly consume without any thought to lives they take.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1

it really is a efficient cycle. "Nature's give an take". Sounds brutal but it's needed to keep ALL life healthy.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:39 PM
Master

Every living thing has a perishable part, and an immortal one. When the first is discarded, the latter is freed to move to its next phase. It's the way of this Universe.

Surely, in matters of life and death there are always choices and free will. One can choose his (her / its) perishable part's demise, instead of another's, and move on.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 27-10-2019, 05:22 AM
Master
I agree, and I happen to have a tab or two open on my computer from the other day when I was researching this phenomenon of plants' "feelings" and aliveness for someone who said fruits and vegetables were not alive..

here is one of them, there's some pretty interesting information about plants!

https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-01-...k-about-plants

what I gather is that as you've said and practice Flexi-Girl, it's important to practice reverence and appreciation for the things we are consuming. I think this is where prayer at mealtime really comes into play and what it is meant for.

The thing about consuming plant matter vs dead animals or their baby's food ie milk, is that while it may not be painless, in general plants are glad to be eaten by us because they then get to carry on with our more powerful form of consciousness, basically living vicariously through us by becoming a part of us.. though I think this definitely varies if the food is killed before being eaten. ie over processing and cooking, though food can still be alive when it is cooked to a lesser degree. stabbing a fruit or vegetable doesn't kill it though it does essentially harm it and begin the degradation or death process..

What I keep in mind is something from a Plants study (The Secret Life of Plants, though other things also contributed to my thoughts on this subject) done decades ago, which you may've heard of, where they discovered that plants could basically think and feel. and beyond that had some sort of telepathy with humans.. like when a person thought about eating or cutting them they got shocked, or before being thrown into a pot of boiling water they kind of passed out and made themselves unconscious. So if we communicate with the plants and let them know we plan to eat them and we love them, they're all right with that and it's not such a shock when the life as they knew it ends.

Even though humans seem to be the devil at times, plants do look up to us and revere us because our consciousness and capabilities are of a more complex evolved form. Isn't it great to imagine that when you are out in nature admiring the garden flowers or staring in awe at the trees that they are just as enamored at you if not more? but of course they can feel a connection and intention and respond to that in various ways.

Actually I have a video I could link that illustrates this connection. Someone I found online has this special video equipment that shows energies or auras or whatever you want to call it (I think it is associated with negative ions/free electrons which live things generally give off in abundance) and they taped a person touching a leaf attached to a tree or bush, with one video just plain and the other the person using positive conscious intention and you can see how the plant lights up and this increased energy spreads from the leaf and the human's hand begins to change as well. it is subtle but still obvious enough I think.
it's pretty amazing to catch this kind of thing on film, but I know we shouldn't be surprised that these energies are in existence. This person also has a video of himself doing a third eye meditation, and that too creates more positive energy visible with this video technology which spreads from his forehead and even begins permeating the wall and area around him.. it just shows how powerful we are and the potential we have when we use our selves for good

it's the second post of this link, I think the paragraph he wrote about this phenomenon is nice too and repeats the sentiment of your initial post

https://pranaviewaustralia.wordpress.com/page/3/
Old 28-10-2019, 07:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
I agree, and I happen to have a tab or two open on my computer from the other day when I was researching this phenomenon of plants' "feelings" and aliveness for someone who said fruits and vegetables were not alive..

here is one of them, there's some pretty interesting information about plants!

https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-01-...k-about-plants

what I gather is that as you've said and practice Flexi-Girl, it's important to practice reverence and appreciation for the things we are consuming. I think this is where prayer at mealtime really comes into play and what it is meant for.

The thing about consuming plant matter vs dead animals or their baby's food ie milk, is that while it may not be painless, in general plants are glad to be eaten by us because they then get to carry on with our more powerful form of consciousness, basically living vicariously through us by becoming a part of us.. though I think this definitely varies if the food is killed before being eaten. ie over processing and cooking, though food can still be alive when it is cooked to a lesser degree. stabbing a fruit or vegetable doesn't kill it though it does essentially harm it and begin the degradation or death process..

What I keep in mind is something from a Plants study (The Secret Life of Plants, though other things also contributed to my thoughts on this subject) done decades ago, which you may've heard of, where they discovered that plants could basically think and feel. and beyond that had some sort of telepathy with humans.. like when a person thought about eating or cutting them they got shocked, or before being thrown into a pot of boiling water they kind of passed out and made themselves unconscious. So if we communicate with the plants and let them know we plan to eat them and we love them, they're all right with that and it's not such a shock when the life as they knew it ends.

Even though humans seem to be the devil at times, plants do look up to us and revere us because our consciousness and capabilities are of a more complex evolved form. Isn't it great to imagine that when you are out in nature admiring the garden flowers or staring in awe at the trees that they are just as enamored at you if not more? but of course they can feel a connection and intention and respond to that in various ways.

Actually I have a video I could link that illustrates this connection. Someone I found online has this special video equipment that shows energies or auras or whatever you want to call it (I think it is associated with negative ions/free electrons which live things generally give off in abundance) and they taped a person touching a leaf attached to a tree or bush, with one video just plain and the other the person using positive conscious intention and you can see how the plant lights up and this increased energy spreads from the leaf and the human's hand begins to change as well. it is subtle but still obvious enough I think.
it's pretty amazing to catch this kind of thing on film, but I know we shouldn't be surprised that these energies are in existence. This person also has a video of himself doing a third eye meditation, and that too creates more positive energy visible with this video technology which spreads from his forehead and even begins permeating the wall and area around him.. it just shows how powerful we are and the potential we have when we use our selves for good

it's the second post of this link, I think the paragraph he wrote about this phenomenon is nice too and repeats the sentiment of your initial post

https://pranaviewaustralia.wordpress.com/page/3/
Very good articles. There's been times I been in the woods and can feel the energy from some trees. It reminds me. In a spiritual way I used to channel my negative engeries to the trees and imagine them useing my "****" for fertilizer. It actually worked, think I should start doing that again. Don't know how that one slipped away.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:22 PM
Master
lol hallow that is great, it reminds me of a meditation someone at a crystal shop gave me once, that involved drawing the negative energy down and out the soles of your feet into the ground, deep into the Earth, where it is recycled as positive cosmic energy, or whatever lol.. I actually have been wanting to do something similar that is less consuming (I can never seem to muster alll the negative energy down and out, though this meditation does also include receiving healing green energy from the Earth, and then sunlight energy and culminating them together til you're about to burst and send out magical rainbow light into the universe, which is cool) and that sounds like a good idea. I have been trying to talk to trees more recently too so I think I will give this a try. though I will probably try to keep in mind a slightly different analogy than the **** fertilizer lol

Another variation is sending unwelcome thoughts and feelings to your heart and breathing out divine goodness

so tell me hallow, how exactly does your tree interaction go? do you imagine just throwing everything at the tree's trunk and it getting sent down to the ground, or what exactly? thank you
Old 09-11-2019, 10:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Another variation is sending unwelcome thoughts and feelings to your heart and breathing out divine goodness

The way I learned it in yoga is to breathe in the good and breathe out the bad.

Quote:
Isn't it great to imagine that when you are out in nature admiring the garden flowers or staring in awe at the trees that they are just as enamored at you if not more?

I'm more than glad already to view their splendour, they don't need to be infatuated with me.