Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 13-11-2018, 09:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
You watched the hour+ long video about the lymphatic system? If so I'm impressed and very grateful. He does tend to ramble sometimes but in actuality if you actually listen he is almost always making sense and sharing important and interesting information. He talks about he lymphatic system in most of his videos,[I'm not sure how you could miss it.. basically the lymphatic system is the body's sewer system. it is really amazing to learn about and puts things into great perspective when you contemplate matters of health and illness.

He talks about lymph in all videos because he rationalises his fruit+supplement diet on lymph .

Quote:
For one thing I guess that you might miss anything pertinent he says since you have been against him from the beginning and aren't really willing to learn from him or listen to what he's saying. would that be a fair assessment or did you truly sit down and listen with an open heart and mind and eyes? there is a big difference when we are actually willing and wanting to listen to something than when we just keep our ears partially open to hear it, and even then somehow our hearing ends up being strangely jeopardized.

I listen to everyone who talks about nutrition with a critical ear.

Quote:
Where you say he says things that are incorrect, since you used plural is there another instance you'd like to share?

A 'Dr.?' (unverified) who claims to have worked the ER saying saline IV is alkaline... no need for more than that. He also said 'you have 3 kidneys' (the skin is you largest kidney). The lymph system is like a sewer system. If your urine is clear you are not filtering your lymph system anymore. Natropathy doesn't kill any people... that was in 10 minutes.

Quote:
I really don't mind being objective and learning more even if it disagrees with my previous beliefs. As I said in this thread or another I've mentioned him, I don't agree with 100% of what he says, but I could say near 99%.

He makes some true statements, but give me any 5 minutes of him talking ant I'll show you at least on error, or possibly a lie. Better to listen to all the vegan Medics (who have proper qualifications) so you get reliable and well rounded information. I have listened to most of the Doctors on the site I linked and I'd rate them excellent.

Quote:
and the main thing I disagree with is that he uses animal glandulars on some patients though he generally touts veganism of course.

Is there such a thing as a 'glandular'? Or is that one of his made up things? Besides, there are no dieticians or food based medics that recommend supplements a person could get from whole foods. They usually explain why supplements do not work, the risks of supplements, and how you should only consider supplements if you cannot get that nutrient from food. Supplements do not work except perhaps when a person has a well established nutritious eating habits.

Quote:
I don't think they should be necessary in any event but anyway that is one of the very few things he's said that I found issue with. for saline solution, I'd have to see where he says that and in what context but while I don't really know much at all on the subject, I sort of thought that salt in water, known as sol by some who tout its health benefits, has an alkalizing effect.

Saline is acidic.

Quote:
I have much more to understand and learn about chemistry and all that though.. but you know how like lemon is acidic yet has a very alkalizing effect on the body sort of thing, it is the "ash" of it that is alkaline so it doesn't matter if things seem to be one way, in practice lemon is alkalizing not acidifying. can't say I know about salt though but that is just what came to my mind as a possibility.

Don't worry about acid and alkalyne and all that diet guru nonsense. Just eat food of all sorts.

Just thought - pumpkin is a fruit. Legumes like string beans and snowpeas are a kind of fruit and beans or peas are their seeds. Eggplant is fruit. Okra, too. Olives. Zuchini. Corn kernels are a seed.

You can eat all that stuff + the others I mentioned with a ton of leafy greens, and that'd be a pretty well rounded way to eat. You can eat as much raw and only cook the small amount you need to if that's the happier way for you... Does that sound reasonable and pretty well balanced to you?

a few of the body's essential nutrients? I think that is of course incorrect, but also who is to say what the body actually needs from which sources? the body is a chemical factory capable of quite a lot on its own. but let's not forget the addition of herbs in the ideal frugivorous diet because they supply nutrients and also help in wonderful mind-boggling (or un-boggling) ways besides that. and if the factory/body is not able to work optimally then it matters little what good you throw at it because it won't be able to produce the energy and mechanisms to use it properly, and if it's a "flawed food" it couldn't even begin to deal with the excess waste and utilize the nutrients that may be available. You know the body has some sort of electric or magnetic or electromagnetic properties, and raw foods share that property, so in ways beyond just nutrition it's like plugging in an outlet or turning on a battery or something. that's not the best analogy but hopefully you get what I mean

expelling it as waste is where the lymphatic system comes into play, and the main argument for fruit is that it marshals the lymph system like no other. almost everyone has a lymphatic problem, almost any symptom stems from that. cuz you know it's constantly trying to work, but it just can't keep up under modern conditions for the mostpart.. because people have lost their way and the fact fruit is our main food is long gone as common knowledge. there is some evidence that early humans were frugivorous with paleontological discoveries. and you've just got to think, what would humans want to eat if they were out in nature and happened upon the various "food groups"? fruit makes the most sense to eat across pretty much all spheres. anyway, if you get your lymph aka waste system going properly and feed it the fuel it needs you can forget about any disease and your body will be able to dispose of waste efficiently, though of course you will still experience side effects if you deviate from the ideal divine diet after you've cleared yourself up, but not in the same way as when your waste management isn't able to work at all

the body is designed to deal with waste but that doesn't mean it wants to subsist primarily on it. and protein is not the body's primary building block. I think you are confusing that with amino acids being the building blocks of protein but that works in a different way. do you realize that if you introduce a complex protein, or complex carbohydrate, the body has to work overtime just to convert the protein into separate amino acids? and the complex carbohydrates need to be broken down into simple or monosaccharides. now what do you think happens to the body when it has to work so hard to revert these things to their simpler purer states? and there is the issue of coagulation with the complex "nutrients" also. and acidity is a regular occurrence with consumption of proteins especially. amino acids are vital and essential yes, and they are present in all real food right? but if you do weird stuff to them then the body doesn't appreciate it so much. like cooking and crazily processing them. the body does what it can, but we need to help it more. just because we can eat plastic doesn't mean we should or that there won't be repercussions

Thanks for the other doctors information. to be clear, I would proclaim the healing teachings of Dr. Morse no matter what. His having extra letters by his name has absolutely nothing to do with it and naturally I tend to stay away from anyone called doctor. but since you want to make such an issue about it, I don't think he is being dishonest, I think that he achieved what he said he did and he has no reason to lie lol. the people who follow him should know better than to respect or seek out medical doctors and most don't claim to be healers to begin with. You know what is much more important, or important period? the learning and experience that he has accumulated through his years practicing healing. He has no reason to lie about understanding how the body works or what it wants, and he will be the first to say he didn't always know something but found a better way with his earnest approach to life and helping people.

He has his own school, that teaches things no other school out there teaches, because they don't know or get it. so I think that makes any diplomas from elsewhere rather laughable. just as I said I don't automatically follow 100% of what he says, he certainly didn't accept the totality of any one teaching either, he put his own solutions together, and has proved they work by helping thousands of patients. and he loves helping people advance by making his youtube videos for anyone to view and learn from and hopefully teach others. a lot of this stuff comes down to common sense. I can't expect everyone to like his style or I also wouldn't want you to just trust him or anyone without questioning. but if you really ask the right questions and search for answers from a myriad of sources, preferably outside of the mainstream, I think it is obvious that this man is a divine doctor, and who are we to let mainstream society define what doctor means anyways, especially when for the mostpart it's synonymous with murderer.. isn't doctor supposed to mean healer and helper? He could care less if he is called a doctor, but some sort or assortment of degrees or teachings he accumulated justify him being called one and that's just fine. He's been in the biz for like 40 years, I imagine he has been a lot of places that don't exist anymore or existed before the internet did. the point is he makes sense and he shares important information that will benefit you if you let yourself learn and realize the awesome truth[/quote]
Old 15-11-2018, 08:49 PM
Master
Gem, I am sorry that you are having trouble understanding the reality and simplicity of the human body and the divinity of food here on Earth. I don't know how else I can put it but the information is there. I am sorry I am not great at explaining things or putting them succinct enough, but I don't like to give up so let me attempt this again so hopefully you can get the truth

number one, if you have to mess with it or destroy it in different ways just to even put it in your body as food, hint hint it isn't what your body wants and needs
Raw fresh foods are divine foods created here for us and they act that way in the body

number two, as would seem logical, when you put foods in the body that require processing in order to even go into the body, the body then has to do a bunch of processing to them inside the body to even begin utilizing any remnants of nutrients or nourishment in them. If you give the body complex carbohydrates it breaks them down to simple ones, monosaccharides and not all monosaccharides are created equally or appreciated by the body so much. If you give the body complex proteins, it has to break them down into individual amino acids which creates a lot of acidic byproduct the body has to try to deal with and get out of the body. why would you not just give it the pure amino acids or sugars instead? and most foods that have one have the other. And when you cook foods you globulate them and create all kinds of other icky shenanigans the body sees as toxic and suffers because of.
Foods with readily available amino acids and sugars are fresh unprocessed unheated foods

Most of the foods you are recommending fall under the undesirable detrimental categories. I have shared that I am not eating the way I want to and recommend people do, and that is not right. though of course there are many instances of not practicing what we preach in life and I do live a lot of the ways I share as ideal. there are many things I don't eat, and some I quit but slipped up again with since I started living with someone else. anyways I'm not making excuses, just being transparent. and I know that if I followed what I am trying to reveal as truth here my life would get a lot better hopefully quickly. it is hard as I'm sure you know since you have worked on transforming your own diet and thoughts on everything too.

that being said just so you know, I do eat a lot of the things you say. starchy foods, cooked foods, cruciferous vegetables, legumes, nightshade vegetables/fruits, etc.
and I do not feel good.

the diet I am describing as true for us humans is an almost lofty goal.. but that has to do with the way the world is set up right now as you know. for one thing it's said we are tropical species in origin and it'd be much easier to munch on fruit and coconuts all day if we lived where we originate from but that's another story. humans adapt yes that's true. but that also doesn't mean our bodies still don't appreciate and work best with the best food sources and preparations, or lack of preparation.. best grains are technically seeds

right now I eat almost all vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds though not every day, and some grains besides gluten-containing ones but again I stay away from them for the mostpart cuz I don't feel good when I eat them and I don't need them. a lot of the best grains are technically seeds anyways, like quinoa and buckwheat and teff etc. but they are generally cooked to be enjoyed so there is part of the flaw besides the other issues like them not having a water content and whatnot. Grains have sustained populations but that doesn't mean they were ideal or that people didn't suffer because of them. I also occasionally consume stuff like coconut sugar and agave syrup in the ice cream I am "allowed" to eat. I try to not eat any "flavors" and citric acid which is made from black mold and other stupid ingredients like that which are allowed in organic foods. I used to be better about this before moving in with my fiance. I became gluten free cuz of him though and also finally dairy free cuz I was just vegetarian when I came, but anyways I've got to go sorry to cut this short, or leave it this long lol
Old 15-11-2018, 08:49 PM
Master
Gem, I am sorry that you are having trouble understanding the reality and simplicity of the human body and the divinity of food here on Earth. I don't know how else I can put it but the information is there. I am sorry I am not great at explaining things or putting them succinct enough, but I don't like to give up so let me attempt this again so hopefully you can get the truth

number one, if you have to mess with it or destroy it in different ways just to even put it in your body as food, hint hint it isn't what your body wants and needs
Raw fresh foods are divine foods created here for us and they act that way in the body

number two, as would seem logical, when you put foods in the body that require processing in order to even go into the body, the body then has to do a bunch of processing to them inside the body to even begin utilizing any remnants of nutrients or nourishment in them. If you give the body complex carbohydrates it breaks them down to simple ones, monosaccharides and not all monosaccharides are created equally or appreciated by the body so much. If you give the body complex proteins, it has to break them down into individual amino acids which creates a lot of acidic byproduct the body has to try to deal with and get out of the body. why would you not just give it the pure amino acids or sugars instead? and most foods that have one have the other. And when you cook foods you globulate them and create all kinds of other icky shenanigans the body sees as toxic and suffers because of.
Foods with readily available amino acids and sugars are fresh unprocessed unheated foods

Most of the foods you are recommending fall under the undesirable detrimental categories. I have shared that I am not eating the way I want to and recommend people do, and that is not right. though of course there are many instances of not practicing what we preach in life and I do live a lot of the ways I share as ideal. there are many things I don't eat, and some I quit but slipped up again with since I started living with someone else. anyways I'm not making excuses, just being transparent. and I know that if I followed what I am trying to reveal as truth here my life would get a lot better hopefully quickly. it is hard as I'm sure you know since you have worked on transforming your own diet and thoughts on everything too.

that being said just so you know, I do eat a lot of the things you say. starchy foods, cooked foods, cruciferous vegetables, legumes, nightshade vegetables/fruits, etc.
and I do not feel good.

the diet I am describing as true for us humans is an almost lofty goal.. but that has to do with the way the world is set up right now as you know. for one thing it's said we are tropical species in origin and it'd be much easier to munch on fruit and coconuts all day if we lived where we originate from but that's another story. humans adapt yes that's true. but that also doesn't mean our bodies still don't appreciate and work best with the best food sources and preparations, or lack of preparation.. best grains are technically seeds

right now I eat almost all vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds though not every day, and some grains besides gluten-containing ones but again I stay away from them for the mostpart cuz I don't feel good when I eat them and I don't need them. a lot of the best grains are technically seeds anyways, like quinoa and buckwheat and teff etc. but they are generally cooked to be enjoyed so there is part of the flaw besides the other issues like them not having a water content and whatnot. Grains have sustained populations but that doesn't mean they were ideal or that people didn't suffer because of them. I also occasionally consume stuff like coconut sugar and agave syrup in the ice cream I am "allowed" to eat. I try to not eat any "flavors" and citric acid which is made from black mold and other stupid ingredients like that which are allowed in organic foods. I used to be better about this before moving in with my fiance. I became gluten free cuz of him though and also finally dairy free cuz I was just vegetarian when I came, but anyways I've got to go sorry to cut this short, or leave it this long lol
Old 15-11-2018, 09:27 PM
Master

Do any of you have an opinion of the body's needs for collagen? Just finished browsing a book (published 2018) about it. Obviously, the author claims that collagen can solve or at least positively influence a lot of aspects of the body's health and needs.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-11-2018, 01:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Do any of you have an opinion of the body's needs for collagen? Just finished browsing a book (published 2018) about it. Obviously, the author claims that collagen can solve or at least positively influence a lot of aspects of the body's health and needs.

As far as I know, which is not much, collagen is not an essential nutrient, meaning the body produces it, but essential nutrients (nutrients the body does not produce) are needed to give the body the ingredients it need to process collagen, so well rounded nutrition that includes all the essential nutrients would optimise the body's capacity to produce the right amount of collagen.

There is no point taking a collagen supplement (or other supplements) unless proper whole food nutrition is first established.

I think this article sounds reasonable and it sites scientific sources.
Old 17-11-2018, 02:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
As far as I know, which is not much, collagen is not an essential nutrient, meaning the body produces it, but essential nutrients (nutrients the body does not produce) are needed to give the body the ingredients it need to process collagen, so well rounded nutrition that includes all the essential nutrients would optimise the body's capacity to produce the right amount of collagen.

There is no point taking a collagen supplement (or other supplements) unless proper whole food nutrition is first established.

I think this article sounds reasonable and it sites scientific sources.

Thanks. The book I read is "The Collagen Diet: Rejuvenate Skin, Strengthen Joints and Feel Younger by Boosting Collagen Intake and Production" by Pamela Schoenfeld. Nicely written.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-11-2018, 02:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez

Everyone has trouble understanding it, and it isn't simple. Nutrition and metabolism are extraordinarily complicated.

"Divinity" is only a vacuous term which people who are not properly informed use. It's fuzzy spiritual grandure which isn't informative.

Quote:

Cooked foods are also very nutritious, and the body has no problem digesting and metabolising it.A mixture of raw and cooked foods is most optimal for obtaining a complete nutrient profile.Saying foods are 'divine' is not information.Some like the idea of divinity, so have traditions of blessing the food, which is actually a pretty powerful placebo effect. So considering food to be divine is a healthy practice, it has nothing to do with essential nutrient profile.

Quote:
number two, as would seem logical, when you put foods in the body that require processing in order to even go into the body, the body then has to do a bunch of processing to them inside the body to even begin utilizing any remnants of nutrients or nourishment in them.

All food goes through a complex metabolic process.

Quote:
If you give the body complex carbohydrates it breaks them down to simple ones, monosaccharides and not all monosaccharides are created equally or appreciated by the body so much. If you give the body complex proteins, it has to break them down into individual amino acids which creates a lot of acidic byproduct the body has to try to deal with and get out of the body.

All food protein is broken down into amino acids. I don't much about complex carb metabolism, but the body has no problem with complex carb sources such as rice. It is easily digested and efficiently metabolised.

Quote:
why would you not just give it the pure amino acids or sugars instead?

Because 'pure amino acids' don't exist in foods. Protein in broken down into amino acids in the stomach so digestive tract can absorb them.

Quote:
and most foods that have one have the other. And when you cook foods you globulate them and create all kinds of other icky shenanigans the body sees as toxic and suffers because of.

"Gobulate"? Is that even a thing?As far as the research says, very high temperature cooking produces carcinogens, but that doesn't mean it gives you cancer. The research involved giving rats high doses of these compounds, about a thousand times higher that a human would consume, and they were fed it in pure form - not as a part of food.

It is possible if human consume the small amounts that they do over a very long period of time it might contribute to cancers, but there are no studies that can make that correlation, let alone establish cause. In short, humans do not consume enough of these compounds to have any significant effect, if there is any effect at all.

It is also true that populations with very low rates of cancer and other chronic disease practice high temp cooking such as stir frying, grilling and cooking over open flames an in hot embers.

If, at any rate, people are concerned, they can cook food a lower temps (boiling, steaming, roasting, low temp frying) as low temp cooking does not produce these compounds.

Other than that, it's all stories made up by nutrition gurus who misinterpret the research, and use words like 'divine' and 'globulate'.

Quote:

I mention the foods I mention because I understand the body processes individual nutrients best when the overall nutrient profile is complete. This is why supplements do not work if a person has not already established a proper balanced diet.

Diets that restrict foods also tend to restrict essential nutrients, and it is certainly the case that an all fruit diet is severely restrictive, and does not provide a complete nutrient profile (unless the whole gamut of beans and all the others I mentioned is included as 'fruit').

The main problem with restrictive diets is the body down regulates digestive enzymes it doesn't need to use, and some of these recover very slowly and some don't recover at all, which results in acquired food intolerances including auto-imune conditions. Ths can also affect the body's ability to dispose of particular waste products. Diet gurus who say 'don't eat this and don't that' are grossly over simpifing the complex process of the body, and no one who understands this subject even remotely says nutrition is simple.

Quote:
and I do not feel good.

Quote:

The 'human diet' is a myth. People evolved in different environments and had different diets. Even if we consider the African origin, that is big continent with a vast array of different environmental conditions. The rainforest people of the Congo would have a completely different diet to those inhabiting dry dessert areas.

Quote:

OK. I eat only fruit, veg, lean meat, grains and seeds. I have a snack on junky food such as doritos, chocolate, icecream or something less that once a week. I drink coffee and supplement protein with whey protein concentrate which I have every morning blended with a cup of oats and a cup of berries. I haven't been ill in more than 20 years besides a slight sniffle here and there. My systems of metabolism and immunity are stronger than average. I think this resilience is because I don't eat processed foods (hardly any) containing added refined sugars or other refined plant extracts, and artificial additives.
Old 17-11-2018, 03:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Thanks. The book I read is "The Collagen Diet: Rejuvenate Skin, Strengthen Joints and Feel Younger by Boosting Collagen Intake and Production" by Pamela Schoenfeld. Nicely written.

I don't know what message the book is sending, but I did some background on the book, and going by the list of references it seems to be well researched. The author is well qualified as well, so I'm assuming it is, at the very least, reasonable information. You would know a lot more that I do having read it.

I think the most important thing to understand is collagen is a protein chain in food, and these proteins (like all food proteins) have to be broken down into their constituent amino acids so the digestive tract can absorb them. IOW the protein collagen is 'disassembled' into amino acids in digestive system and the body has to construct collagen from amino acids in conjunction with other nutrients.

That's why I say ingesting collagen is good in the sense that collagen protein contains essential amino acids (though not all of them), but is not necessary if the body has sufficient essential amino acids along with a complete micro-nutrient profile. IOW, if the body has all the building blocks available, it will make the collagen it needs. Eating collagen in foods, of course, provides the amino acid building blocks, but without the other required nutrients, the body will not efficiently build collagen proteins.
Old 19-11-2018, 07:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Everyone has trouble understanding it, and it isn't simple. Nutrition and metabolism are extraordinarily complicated.

"Divinity" is only a vacuous term which people who are not properly informed use. It's fuzzy spiritual grandure which isn't informative.

It's not a vacuous term it means or implies that God/divinity made it so.

Quote:
Cooked foods are also very nutritious, and the body has no problem digesting and metabolising it. Saying foods are 'divine' is not information.Some like the idea of divinity, so have traditions of blessing the food, which is actually a pretty powerful placebo effect. So considering food to be divine is a healthy practice, it has nothing to do with essential nutrient profile.
"Gobulate"? Is that even a thing?

cooked foods are generally toxic and dead, or on their way to it. and the consequences in the human are toxifying and deadifying. words schmords globulate suggests it turns into globules which are unhealthy balls of unwanted stuff, kind of like what ungrounded blood looks like compared to grounded in scientific studies. same thing happens with foods that are cooked and processed inappropriately. look it up if you're unfamiliar.

placebo effect is actually part & parcel of human power, as may actually be proven in more scientific studies than much else. but I guess the extent or reality of placebo effect is another crazy issue to open and address. it can't work 100% for everything though

Quote:
All food goes through a complex metabolic process.

not so much, as I thought we covered with simple sugars and free amino acids...

Quote:
All food protein is broken down into amino acids. I don't much about complex carb metabolism, but the body has no problem with complex carb sources such as rice. It is easily digested and efficiently metabolised.

yeah the body definitely has a problem with complex carbs such as rice, seems like you need to do more deeper research into the matter and not just keep repeating what you think you learned

Quote:
As far as the research says, very high temperature cooking produces carcinogens, but that doesn't mean it gives you cancer.

cancer is a situation in the body where it can't work to evacuate toxins efficiently, and that is the point of what I am trying to teach you. the body has to try to deal with the waste in all kinds of crazy ways, enter symptoms and diseases such as cancer which are not what they're claimed to be. because it is all always a matter of what the body wants and doesn't want and what it can't deal with anymore, and the only way out is clearing a path or passage like I am trying to say with the lymphatic system being honored, cuz it is your sewage system like it or not, that fact must be accepted and dealt with.

Quote:
It is also true that populations with very low rates of cancer and other chronic disease practice high temp cooking such as stir frying, grilling and cooking over open flames an in hot embers.

and do they die? but while cooking isn't good, and using oil isn't either (though I still really do right now) stir frying is among the better cooking preparations because the vegetables are still usually crisp and more raw than most other cooking methods

I mention the foods I mention because I understand the body processes individual nutrients best when the overall nutrient profile is complete. This is why supplements do not work if a person has not already established a proper balanced diet.

Diets that restrict foods also tend to restrict essential nutrients, and it is certainly the case that an all fruit diet is severely restrictive, and does not provide a complete nutrient profile (unless the whole gamut of beans and all the others I mentioned is included as 'fruit').

The main problem with restrictive diets is the body down regulates digestive enzymes it doesn't need to use, and some of these recover very slowly and some don't recover at all, which results in acquired food intolerances including auto-imune conditions. Ths can also affect the body's ability to dispose of particular waste products. Diet gurus who say 'don't eat this and don't that' are grossly over simpifing the complex process of the body, and no one who understands this subject even remotely says nutrition is simple.

Quote:
The 'human diet' is a myth. People evolved in different environments and had different diets. Even if we consider the African origin, that is big continent with a vast array of different environmental conditions. The rainforest people of the Congo would have a completely different diet to those inhabiting dry dessert areas.

but who says that deserts existed like that or were inhabited at the forefront? do you not know about the desertification of Africa that has been at least partially intentional even in recent years? the human diet is not a myth, I don't understand how it is so hard for you to see what the human body is designed for ideally. do you know what happens to animals in zoos or wildlife when they're fed cooked or processed food? (or foods not typically meant for them) do ya? they die prematurely.. same thing that happens to most humans eh
Old 19-11-2018, 05:09 PM
Master
Actually....a whole bunch of foods are more nutritious cooked than raw.

Just a few of examples out of many?

How about tomatoes? The nutrients in tomatoes are locked up in cellulose.
Cooking tomatoes increases the available nutrients 10 fold and the most nutritious tomatoes are found in things like spaghetti sauce which is cooked a lot!.

How about spinach which is considered a super green?? Almost all of the nutrients in spinach are locked up in oxalates which cooking releases.

How about Beans...like pintos , navy and red beans etc?? Same thing...cooking releases all the nutrition and soluble fiber found in beans plus makes the (incomplete) protein available for absorption.

The scientific evidence is that if humans had NOT discovered fire, cooking and the eating of animal protein including animal fats...we would have never developed the brains we have or have become the dominant species on this planet.

So while I agree that raw foods are a great part of any balanced healthy diet.....cooking is part of that equation too!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!